PDA

View Full Version : Paint colour or code for wheels

duncan
24-03-2005, 04:46 PM
For a 1995 car, (16" front wheels, 17" rear wheels) can anyone advise the Honda colour, paint code or alterative colour reference from another manufacturer for the wheels.
Not the silver colour (whatever that maybe) on the earlier 5 spoke wheels but a grey titanium type colour.
Many thanks,
Duncan

ctrlaltdelboy
24-03-2005, 08:08 PM
the colour you are after is Solaris Silver. Paint code is NH-536M.

david_f
05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Darren, is that the same colour and code for a 2000 model NSX as well? Cheers, David.

DamianW
05-05-2005, 11:24 AM
It isn't Solaris Silver as far as I know. UK cars all had the gunmetal colour, which my 2001 car has.

Edit: scrub that, Darrens right: "Solaris Silver, paint code NH-536M (a gunmetal gray color)"

david_f
05-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Managed to find an intelligent Honda parts Guy. For the NSX model year 2000, the paint code is indeed NH536M. Cheers to all, David.

Lankstarr
26-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Hi,

Can somebody please clarify whether the correct paint code for the standard wheel colour on a 1998 is NH536M - Solaris Silver OR BLades Silver and what, if anyone happens to know , is the paint code for Blades silver. I am probably being really stupid but the below thread seems to contradict this one and has left me in a bit of a quandry as to what colour 198 wheels sould be!!! ::----->

Changes for 1994

New Color: Brooklands Green Pearl
Keyed roof color to body color in late-year green cars (first 20(?) greens were with black roof)
Dropped Color: Sebring Silver
New Interior Color: Tan
Dropped Interior Color: Ivory
Removed "DOCH VTEC badge" on center console cover
Changed wheel design from 5-spoke to 7-spoke
New wheel color: Solaris Silver, paint code NH-536M (a gunmetal gray color) [/i]
Increased Tire/Wheel Sizes to 215ZR45 16" Front and 245ZR40 17" Rear
Gear cut method changed to reduce gear noise
Color-keyed the rear wall of the interior tan for tan interior cars (previously black on ivory interiors).

Changes for 1995

Added targa top version: the NSX-T
Roofs now all body colored
New color: Midnight Pearl
Black interior changed from interior code E to code J. It's a little lighter.. a dark charcoal color.
Sportshift "Tiptronic-style" shifting for Automatics
Power Steering becomes standard for Manuals as well as Automatics
Modified airflow to brakes to improve cooling
Traction Control Light no longer shines green when activated, still shines yellow when inactive
Throttle-By-Wire
Limited Slip Differential Changes on manual transmission cars. Went from Torque Control Differential to a Torque Reactive Differential - when combined with Throttle-By-Wire, increases speeds out of a corner by 10%. Automatic cars keep old differential.
Bumper reinforcements were changed to extruded aluminum instead of the stamped steel
Approx. 100 lbs heaver than 1991/1992 models due to reinforcements for targa top, including: The base of the B pillar where it joins the rocker panel, larger rear bulkhead crossbar, thicker trunk leading edge panel, a redesigned and thicker-walled rear roof section, a redesigned front roof rail section, additional rib in the center rear bulkhead section, a completely redesigned and thicker upper A-pillar. There's also a redesigned and thicker upper dashboard cross member and a redesigned front lower floor section. The extruded aluminum side sills were extensively reinforced - wall thickness of the vertical center web of the 5-sided extrusion went from 2mm to 6mm.

Changes for 1996

none

Changes for 1997

Three new colors: Kaiser Silver, Monte Carlo Blue, Spa Yellow
Coupes can be special ordered with either a black top or a body color top; -Ts still have body colored roofs
New wheel color on all wheels: Blades Silver (a bright machined/brushed looking finish)

Many thanks,

luke

ctrlaltdelboy
26-05-2006, 09:18 AM
^ what he said ;)

yep - Speedy is correct on the Blades - no paint, just machined & laquered

madras
02-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi - Does anyone know the paint code for the original 15 and 16inch wheels from an early car.

Cheers,

Sudesh
02-06-2009, 12:04 PM
I think this is Blades Silver

http://www.accuradealers.com/AcuraNSX1997.jpg
http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/10d-12/acura-nsx-1.jpg

Sudesh
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Blades Silver also has a paint code:

NH-95MZ (BLADE SILVER METALLIC-Z)

madras
19-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I think this is Blades Silver

http://www.accuradealers.com/AcuraNSX1997.jpg
http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/10d-12/acura-nsx-1.jpg

they are the 16 and 17" wheels. what about the 15" and 16" wheels on the original 1991 car.

Cheers.