PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet release!

craigdonnelly
20-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Hi guys...

Recently I noticed the clutch was geting heavy and sometimes it was hard to engage a gear also my bonnet wouldn't open so I took my car to Pheonix Honda Glasgow last week. The problem with the gearbox was a broken Fork which is getting replaced under warranty. however the bonnet release and cable is not under warranty and they want £250!!! plus the parts are taken three weeks to get here.

Is the bonnet release a common fault and does anyone think Honda should pay for it considereing i bought the car in July and done very few miles in it?

mart155
21-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Craig, I'm no expert as I have only been an owner since October myself.
I have been browsing the forums for a couple of years though and it isn't one I have come across before.

Is the sort of job you can do yourself. £250 seems a bit steep for labour to replace a cable.

Senninha
21-02-2008, 11:10 PM
email Dirk for the parts and with a bit of time you should be able to replace this yourself.

BUT, before you do, I think it would be worth pushing the dealer a bit harder for either a warranty claim or considerably cheaper offer.

Good luck, Paul

craigdonnelly
22-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks guys, I'm, not accepting this lying down. Also it's the second time they have had the car since I've owned it for 3-4 weeks at a time and they said I'm not entitled to a couetesy car! I'm not happy and I thought Honda would be treat there NSX owners better because the more good clean NSX on the road the better for the Honda brand. After all that's what these cars a really made and marketed for. ( Bugatti Veyron improves VW brand ) There arguement is the car is 10 years old but I say it's still dearer than most cars in there showroom. :no: