PDA

View Full Version : Yippee!!! You lot exist :-)

AnArtist
20-03-2005, 11:17 PM
:D I am so glad I found your site at last,

How much difference is there between an Auto and Manual NSX?
I ask because, due to a clutch foot injury I am now a bit limited in the gear changing department!!

I am seriously considering getting one of these things but is the Auto worth having?

Cheers for any advice...

Welshman
22-03-2005, 10:50 AM
You might want to check out NSXPrime as the population of auto drivers is likely to be much higher in the US:

http://www.nsxprime.com/

AnArtist
22-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Cheers, will do.

NSA
22-03-2005, 01:30 PM
An Artist,

I wanted an auto before I got a manual. I tested one at Chiswick Honda and really fell for it. However, I ended up with a manual and now I consider myself lucky that I did. The manual has 26 or so more bhp, and the gearchange is fantastic. It's more expensive but is more likely to hold its value.

Either way, I would say go for it - they are amazing cars. As an added bonus, I've just been quoted "around £150" for a 12,000 mile service by my local Honda dealer in Nottingham.

AnArtist
22-03-2005, 05:08 PM
As an added bonus, I've just been quoted "around £150" for a 12,000 mile service by my local Honda dealer in Nottingham.

Bloody Hell!!! That is amazing.
I really want another manual sports car but as I mentioned before my left foot does let me down after a prolonged period of clutch work!! At the moment I am flying about in a dirty great big 4.2 Litre Audi A8 Quattro Sport Tiptronic, which is tremendous fun but I yearn for a smaller proper sports car again. Before the A8 I had a (fragile?!?!) Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo, 0-60 in about 6 seconds, recaro leather etc... I am not going back to anything slower or without leaher..... thought about a BMW M Coupe but no, it has to be an NSX next!

Just out of interest what is the 'real' 0-60 time for an Auto and Manual? the automotive press and Honda's times vary an awful lot.

Cheers again

Clive
22-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Just out of interest what is the 'real' 0-60 time for an Auto and Manual? the automotive press and Honda's times vary an awful lot.

Cheers again[/quote]

About 5.7 for a manual and 7.4 for the auto. All times for a mid 90s car. Presume newer versions are slightly quicker.

Clive
:lol:

Welshman
22-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Whatever the 0-60 times are the car is more than quick enough in the real world. You won't be left behind!

AnArtist
22-03-2005, 08:14 PM
You are right!
I am really after the handling and reliablity, oh, and the noise, more than anything else. Up here in Cumbria I need the handling. Lots of wonderful roads to do!