PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother is watching...

Boomin33
18-02-2008, 08:16 PM
in the short time I've had an NSX I've thought this a few times...

I pity the fool who has a fender bender, gets a deal, resprays a corner panel, has a problem... etc and lets the NSX community get wind of it.

....you'll be ratted out about as quick as it takes you to get to 150 mph when it comes to re-sale..

Lucky for me my car is...

MINT... but still not as nice as Simons type S !
garaged & covered with Egyptian cotton at night
bathed with bottled Evian water by naked virgins
& is only ever driven by my grandma. :rolleyes:

NSX 2000
18-02-2008, 09:01 PM
I pity the fool who has a fender bender, gets a deal, resprays a corner panel, has a problem... etc and lets the NSX community get wind of it.

....you'll be ratted out about as quick as it takes you to get to 150 mph when it comes to re-sale..

Boomin, it's not just this site but any owners club which only has a small number of cars. I use to have an Impreza P1 and it was pretty much the same with photos of smashed or dented ones posted straight away with or with out the owners permission.

Any way peeps can say what they like about other NSX's just not about mine....... or yours.

Paul

Kevin
18-02-2008, 09:42 PM
True...but,

If you are selling a car, are asked about any accident, and lie you are being dishonest and deserve to be ratted out.

I have had a small bump, the pics are on the site. The full extent of what happened is there for all to see. If I sell the car and someone asks about damage, I'll say so, and could even show the pics. Nothing to hide.

What this club does do, is protect the unsuspecting buyer from paying over the odds for a car which has been damaged, and poorly repaired.

Only a buyer armed with all the facts can make a true decision about a car. They can use this site as a 'reference' when buying even.

Any seller trying to pull a fast one deserves everything they get, and hopefully are not typical of the type of owners we get around here.

ps. We all know your car used to be red in a previous life...........

Papalazarou
18-02-2008, 09:51 PM
in the short time I've had an NSX I've thought this a few times...

Lucky for me my car is...

MINT... but still not as nice as Simons type S !
garaged & covered with Egyptian cotton at night
bathed with bottled Evian water by naked virgins
& is only ever driven by my grandma. :rolleyes:

Yes, but I've seen you wash it!!!

simonprelude
18-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I can't agree more, for the majority of people they are spending more money than they can realistically afford to lose.

However, I would also recommend people have some form of warranted check done on a car before they bought it as there does seem to be a fair few cars out there that 'should' have further information when they are sold.
With any low production volume car there is always going to be interest in any damage that has been caused and this needs to be reflected upon sale time.

True...but,

If you are selling a car, are asked about any accident, and lie you are being dishonest and deserve to be ratted out.

I have had a small bump, the pics are on the site. The full extent of what happened is there for all to see. If I sell the car and someone asks about damage, I'll say so, and could even show the pics. Nothing to hide.

What this club does do, is protect the unsuspecting buyer from paying over the odds for a car which has been damaged, and poorly repaired.

Only a buyer armed with all the facts can make a true decision about a car. They can use this site as a 'reference' when buying even.

Any seller trying to pull a fast one deserves everything they get, and hopefully are not typical of the type of owners we get around here.

ps. We all know your car used to be red in a previous life...........

Boomin33
18-02-2008, 10:49 PM
didn't mean anything too serious... just saw the thread about lankstarr's brother selling the red one.... thought it was a little negativo. i.e. can't imagine anyone being to keen after reading it, other than offering £3K less !

and we all know how fast the comments will fly next time someone hears about a Silver +02 that has a mis-matched interior, and actually, rightly so!

...secretly, wanted to remind myself that my car 'used to be' washed with Evian :) ... and 'in my dreams' by some dodgy nude virgins that our good friend, the previous owner, knew! if you are reading this, from China, please forward pics

--

AR
18-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Is for the good of:

The Country

The Children

The Environment

http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/browndunce.gif

Lankstarr
19-02-2008, 07:43 AM
I agree with Kevin about warning people about trying to pull a fast one ... and with Boomin about the first thing someone wanting to do about my Bro's car is offer £3k less! (He wont take it:laugh:)

I do not want people put off because a trader wanted rid of his p/x or because they think the a/c doesn't work or the steering knocks when it doesn't.

My brother was telling someone at the weekend about having a CSL's bonnet resprayed after only 11000 miles because of stone chips, some form of cosmetic repairs are inevitable to keep cars looking in top condition and as long as it is done properly I think it's OK - I'm sure any cosmetic work that has been done to this car that is known about will be pointed out to any purchasers.

I think it's just a shame that I put an ad up for a car and someone jumped in with a load of negatives about it. I know it was just Rob's opinion but if you are going to summarise a car that you have seen then you should not just dump a load of stuff trying to put people off, but actually give the rough and the smooth.

I was really annoyed about the comments about the a/c and steering. I'm no mechanic but sure my brother or I would have picked up on said knocks when driving it. As for the a/c people worry about an expensive compressor failure and that has been hinted at - it worked fine when I tested it (ICE cold) and there were no noises coming from anywhere. If the compressor was bust I think I'm right in saying that it would be very niosy and you ould definitely know about it.

Just my 788p

Luke

Steveycaz
19-02-2008, 08:12 AM
First and foremost this is a discussion forum. If you post an ad people are going to discuss it. If they are being unnecessarily negative (or positive) I'm sure members are intelligent enough to make their own minds up.

Boomin33
19-02-2008, 08:29 AM
First and foremost this is a discussion forum. If you post an ad people are going to discuss it. If they are being unnecessarily negative (or positive) I'm sure members are intelligent enough to make their own minds up.

My point is that it seems to go a tad past relaying information; and more often than not comments come across in a vindictive nature with a distinct negative tone.

i.e. after reading the ForSale thread Lankstarrs bro's car sounded to me over-priced with loads of problems. I'm sure isn't true, but I'm sure anyone who stumbled across this site would think more than twice about viewing it, me thinks. Is that fair? money is a personal thing... and if it ain't worth £16k it won't sell... ? something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. someone who's paying £16 - £40K isn't exactly on the dole and jeopardizing their life and family, are they? they should have a few extra 'bob to sort out niggling bits

for humanity..
Think about the lonely car who is looking for someone to give it all the love it needs to be that shining star that it's capable of, and will be again some day !

Possible Solution>>>>>
Although a little annoying, for the result of keeping for-sale threads positive, I really like the NSXprime format. For Sale items are "closed threads" if people want to start a separate thread to talk about that known 'hunk of junk' in the for sale section.. or that's a crap exhaust to go for.. that's their own perogative and a moderators discretion to determine if it stays or goes?

ahhhh IOP

simonprelude
19-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I generally think for sale threads should be tidy'ish.
But also that buyers need to be aware should there be any possible known problems.

PM's are often a better way, however it's not always the case that when someone is interested they will post in the thread.

If one person does think xyz are wrong with a car then it enbales teh second person to take a closer look at these items or discuss with the seller prior to travelling for a look.

AR
19-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Discussion forum is a forum for discussion, or not?

Boomin33
19-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Discussion forum is a forum for discussion, or not?

You've read the post "91H Manual"... was that really genuine discussion?

In my Mind. The genuine 'for-sale' thread was hi-jacked This is why I tried to bring it over here...

Maybe this is why NSXprime site took a executive decision on this subject?
freedom fight all you want... but without rule & order it all goes to sh*t

ForSale threads should be closed. I've seen so many ruined over the last couple of years...
close the thread and a if a genuine buyer wants to ask questions.. he can introduce himself to the community and hopefully get honest constructive insight.

** on a positive note... I'm jealous too... I can't wait to oneday find one like that at £10-£12K for an everyday driver. For the time being, cash waiting 24/7 if anyone gets as desperate as the Porsche seller!

---

AR
19-02-2008, 01:55 PM
It is discussion, not very constructive, but it is discussion. :)

Rob_Fenn
19-02-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm glad discussion has moved from the thread in question itself!

From my point of view, i thought Luke was simply posting about the car and was/is not directly helping in selling it. Consequently, i thought it was OK for me to be open and discuss my opinion.

Myself and Luke are obviously in disagreement with our perceived condition of the car. I think it's important to point out that I initially listed problems after i saw the car BEFORE Luke's brother got it. I didn't think it was worth what was asked for it so i set my limit and that was it. I'm certainly not trying to put anyone off looking from it at all and i'm not questioning Luke's moral fibre either, just simply differing opinions.

I do think that perhaps our for sale ads should not be allowed to be replied to. Thing is, as mentioned, in this instance Luke isn't even selling the car so it's a bit of a grey area.

I'm going to gag myself from resisting posting on the forum from now on although i will reply to any PMs and follow up anyone who was interested in parts.

Kind Regards,

Rob

TheSebringOne
19-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Without getting involved in the other thread misunderstanding or disagreement, I can't see why you have to gag yourself from using this forum!? Its a forum and discussions are what its for, just sometimes PMs maybe be better in certain scenarios. When I reply, I always think and check before posting as don't want to offend anyone. :)

NSX 2000
20-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm going to gag myself from resisting posting on the forum from now on although i will reply to any PMs and follow up anyone who was interested in parts.

Kind Regards,

Rob

Without getting involved in the other thread misunderstanding or disagreement, I can't see why you have to gag yourself from using this forum!? Its a forum and discussions are what its for, just sometimes PMs maybe be better in certain scenarios. When I reply, I always think and check before posting as don't want to offend anyone. :)

Rob, I totally agree with James, both you and Luke have worked it out it didn't end in a massive slagging match (unlike the argument I got into with a n other poster).
This is the problem with emails, blogs, forums, etc, you can't put a tone to it and it is very faceless.
Both you and Luke will learn from this just like we all have but it will happen again so just carry on posting.
All the best Paul (trying to make things better but probably making them worse)

Lankstarr
20-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Rob,

You don't need to stop posting as a result of this!

I've asked for the discussion part of the thread to be moved to where it was originally being discussed in your wanted ad.

I'm annoyed that people may be put off by your posts when I disagree with them, but hopefully they will see past that and view the car to make their own minds up.

Luke

Silver Surfer
20-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Hug, ....shake hands.......put your guard up........ding ding! :laugh:;)

SS

TheQuietOne
20-02-2008, 09:44 PM

No need...this isn't the first or last time people will disagree on here. Perhaps this all got a bit too personal, perhaps it didn't. I guess either way there is no need for a self imposed gag! If there were TheSebringOne should have imposed one on himself a long time ago...:D

As I said in my PM reply, may main problem with your post as the principle that motor traders shouldn't make money out of motors - this will always irk me whoever posts it!

Regards, Matt.