PDA

View Full Version : Pistonheads, Sunday Service, Wadhurst.

WhyOne?
18-02-2008, 12:23 PM
I went along to the Pistonheads Sunday Service meet at Wadhurst station on Sunday. It was an absolutely glorious day which I am sure contributed to the huge number of cars (estimated at 550-600) which turned out.....and eventually caused total mayhem as the station car park - capacity ~300 cars - filled (literally - all space, including access roads were parked up) and the surrounding lanes struggled to cope with the influx of sports cars.

Attached are a few photos of the day, where I was surprised to find I was 'the only NSX in the village!!!'

The yellow Ultima came a cropper on the way home (the accident pictures were taken by the owner, not me) - basically he lost the back coming out of the corner in the background of the 1st picture, overcorrected and caught an unfortunate CRV coming the other way - you can see the crumpled CRV in the backgroud of the 1st accident photo sitting on the exit of the corner the Ultima 'lost it' on. No one hurt.

Also pictured are some number-plates which amused me, a VTEC mini (how much wheelspin would sir like with that?!) an amazing Matheny Porsche finished in mat black, a good turn out from the integra boys, plus one of 2 others.

WhyOne?
18-02-2008, 12:25 PM
more pictures.....

WhyOne?
18-02-2008, 12:27 PM
...and more....including Y1 on a very bright and frosty Ashdown Forest en-route to Wadhurst.

gumball
18-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Looks like the old dear in the kit car should have got a rear wing;)

Rob_Fenn
18-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh dear, he must be devasted! The risk of having a such a car with no driving aids i guess.

I've seen a 'GT3MR' before and i couldn't work out what it was. Pretty quick on track. Only now do i match up the Manthey Racing name, so thanks for that!

TheSebringOne
18-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Y1 did proud representing NSXCB! Well done :proud:

That mini looks amazing with the VTEC engine, shows what a brilliant and useable engine it is, is it from a CTR?

The PWR on the Ultima must be scary! Don't think any spoiler would have helped it exiting!

Rob_Fenn
18-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I was bored one lunch time and bought a Mini magazine which had a similar conversion. Supposedly the conversions tend to wreck the handling. For one, the engine is obviously heavier... and if you look at it, it's mounted very far forward which can't be great!

Must be great stealth fun though. Always wanted one of those Z Cars Minis!

TheSebringOne
18-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I did noticed how far forward the engine was, maybe some weight in the rear to balance the front? It was'nt too uncommon for mad classic minis in the past to have Cossie engines! Nowdays better using lighter super bike engines! :eek: