PDA

View Full Version : In the club...

nationofzeros
28-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi fellow NSX afficianados - just logging on as the proud new owner of metallic green 1994 JDM NSX-R 'L5 NSX' , following a painless (at least for me) transaction via 'bazza' who earns top respect for his problem - free sales approach ; true gentleman & all that

It appears that the car has 'previous' on this site via bazza & AR - previous owners, I salute you for its excellent all round condition

Initial drive demonstrated supple, go-kart like handling, remarkable levels of grip and an F16-like racket capable of unnerving elderly neighbours at over 50 paces

Looking forward to giving it a good old spring clean, bit of detailing here & there and then DRIVING this rare Far Eastern techno-masterpiece

Silver Surfer
28-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your new acquisition as we are all envious! :yes:

SS

AR
28-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Welcome mate, I hope you get as much enjoyment as I did.

Remember with such an special car is more a stewardship rather than ownership.

Cheers,

Ary

TheSebringOne
28-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Welcome to NSXCB, which is a friendly and happy little community. Also glad you have introduced yourself too! :)

I have had the priviledge off hitching an amazing ride when it was Bazzas and only regret was not taking up his offer of a drive myself, damn! :)

Enjoy your very rare and special new purchase!

Senninha
28-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Welcome and heres wishing you many happy smiles of motoring!

BTW, if you find those thin old race seats a bit uncomfortable, I have a nice reclining comfy leather pair I'd offer you in a swap :D

Once detailed I look forward to meeting you and a meet or two. Where are you geographically?

Regards, Paul

nsx_vtec
28-01-2008, 11:49 PM
welcome matey,

it truly is an awesome machine u have.

look after it fella.

jaytip
29-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Wow,what an entry to NSX ownership,straight into a type-R.Hope you have many miles of enjoyment out of it,and welcome to the board.

Cheers,

Ivor.

simonprelude
29-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Welcome, please tell us about previous cars you have owned and how you think they compare :)

mutley
29-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Nice one,

Glad to here L5 is still with us on the site too, maybe see you at japfest with the rest of us. Ary, are you going this year??

Jim

TheSebringOne
29-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Paul, Doncaster! :D

AR
29-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Nice one,

Glad to here L5 is still with us on the site too, maybe see you at japfest with the rest of us. Ary, are you going this year??

Jim

Would love to, but is one of my busiest periods of the year.

But if I get half a chance, no doubt.

Cheers,

AR

Martin
29-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Congrats on your fine choice sir. I wish you many miles of happy motoring. Glad you made your way to the NSX forum from the Ferrari forum. I hope it proves to be a more trouble-free motoring experience for you :-)

Cheers
Martin

Hi fellow NSX afficianados - just logging on as the proud new owner of metallic green 1994 JDM NSX-R 'L5 NSX' , following a painless (at least for me) transaction via 'bazza' who earns top respect for his problem - free sales approach ; true gentleman & all that

It appears that the car has 'previous' on this site via bazza & AR - previous owners, I salute you for its excellent all round condition

Initial drive demonstrated supple, go-kart like handling, remarkable levels of grip and an F16-like racket capable of unnerving elderly neighbours at over 50 paces

Looking forward to giving it a good old spring clean, bit of detailing here & there and then DRIVING this rare Far Eastern techno-masterpiece

dan the man
29-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Welcome And Jammy Git!

nationofzeros
30-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks all for your interest & kind greetings - looking forward to meeting a few of you in the near future & aspire to turn up at Japfest 08

Re previous cars - I went through a worrying Gallic phase involving a red Alpine-Renault GTA Turbo, followed by a superb and massively underrated widebody Le Mans variant of the same breed, topped off with the quixotic and bracing Renault Sport Spider - no heater, no roof of any sort but at least mine came with the optional windscreen

More recently I have been running / restoring a Ferrari Mondial t - no comparison with the NSX on engineering integrity terms of course, but it does have one or two redeeming features, including the colour and the noise.

It is supposed to be going but only with a degree of reluctance, despite the ever - constant thrill of the 'will I get to my destination with or without the assistance of the AA' vibe that always accompanies these Italian thoroughbreds. In reality due to excellent owners websites noytunlike this one, running one isn't the total lottery / nightmare that it must have been 10 years ago, especially if you are handy with a multimeter...

dan the man
30-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Ive been round bedford in a sypder race car..blew my socks off it did!!

Great to have u onboard anyway, up north is always better than down sarf! :)

bazza
04-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Welcome Chris!

I tried returning your calls last week but got answerphone..:)
Send me a PM on here if you would prefer :D