PDA

View Full Version : Best Motoring - NSX-R vs GT3 etc

NoelWatson
28-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Not seen this posted before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5VwdGILuoQ

jaytip
28-01-2008, 06:50 PM
The shorter version of it is here.Interesting to note though that the NSX posted a faster lap time than the GT3,i never would have thought that.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100031

Papalazarou
28-01-2008, 06:50 PM
That GTR is a monster!!! The Lambo sounded great on downshifts and the 300 ish HP NSX was a match for a GT3, so pretty cool really.

Cheers,

James.

Rob_Fenn
28-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Lambo was impressive, but it was the £150,000 Superleggera version so i would hope so too!

Not a bad performance for the NSX-R considering the power deficit. At least the GT3 was kept in check!

NSX 2000
28-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I think what is more telling are the lap times, I would be intrested in knowing what tyres were used as I would expect the porkers to have done better.
If I had to guess the outcome of that race I would have put them in this order
1st Lambo
2nd or 3rd Porker
2nd or 3rd Porker
4th or 5th Nissan
4th or 5th Honda
So I was very surprised by the Nissan, or was it a "special" press car they had??????
Paul.

Rob_Fenn
28-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Have you seen the Skylines 'ring time though? It did it in 7:38, quicker than a Veyron!

The weight of thing seems to be pretty inconsequentional when you look at both performance and track times. Still wouldn't want one though!

TheSebringOne
29-01-2008, 12:02 AM
3 things surprised me, the Type R was quicker than a GT3, maybe the special tyres makes a difference? The Nissan was only slightly slower than the Gallardo SL! and how the 911 Turbo was last! Two other points, I know the GTR is all about speed, but shape wise its not pretty and how low and sleek the Type R still is!

jaytip
29-01-2008, 01:52 AM
So I was very surprised by the Nissan, or was it a "special" press car they had??????
Paul.
For the money there is no other 4 seater car in the world to match the GTR.In fact there may not be another 4 seater car at ANY money to match it.It may not be pretty but the performance is astounding.0-60mph in 3.3 seconds when using launch control :eek:

Rob_Fenn
29-01-2008, 09:36 AM
3 things surprised me, the Type R was quicker than a GT3, maybe the special tyres makes a difference?

Are the GT3s tyres any less special? They're also a fair bit wider.

NSX 2000
29-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Are the GT3s tyres any less special? They're also a fair bit wider.

I think I can say that we all know what tricks car manufactures can pull but also what tricks TV programmes can pull to show that one thing is better than another.
Just my opinion of course.
Paul.

Kevin
29-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I think I can say that we all know what tricks car manufactures can pull but also what tricks TV programmes can pull to show that one thing is better than another.
Just my opinion of course.
Paul.

Agreed, especially when you look at the Top Gear lap times.

AR
29-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Enough said!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKNZJGguOtg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1sGPwVSrU

The guy in the Lambo says at first that he tought the other guy was a cop, and then he tells him to give it all...

jaytip
29-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't understand what you are saying Ary? It's obvious from the videos that tha Supra is massively modded.Are you saying that Nissan may have done the same with the GTR? I don't doubt that they may have tinkered a bit with the pre-release press cars but if there was a huge difference in performance between press cars and actual production cars they would get dragged throught the courts and sued by disgruntled customers.I really do think the GTR is going to match and beat anything remotely similar in price (i would love Honda to prove me wrong though)

AR
29-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't understand what you are saying Ary? It's obvious from the videos that tha Supra is massively modded.Are you saying that Nissan may have done the same with the GTR?

Of course!

BTW Great Supra ehh!

markc
29-01-2008, 03:01 PM
That GTR is spectacularly fast and spectacularly ugly :)

It may have had a small tweek but I think Ary's feeling particulary cheeky today and is messing with us. It's got 470hp and can run wheel nut to wheel nut with the Porsche Turbo in a straight line if not the Gallardo SL. The gearbox/change looks soooo slick in that vid, way better than the jecky Gallardo!

There something amiss with the Porsche's tho'. Most other tests including track tests have the 997GT3 pretty close to the Gallardo on laptimes. OK it's only a cooking GT3 rather than an GT3RS and the Gallardo is a Superleggera but there's no way it's that much slower!

It's nice to think of that NSX-R can still complete but if we (and they're) honest it just can't :(

The tyres they're all using are shown on the first part of the BMI video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEKv1OjT_gI

I wouldn't want to try putting together a fast lap in that Supra, it looks and sounds like pressing the throttle peddle is akin to pulling the pin on a grenade!!!

Mark