PDA

View Full Version : Playstation2 GT4 & the Nurburgring

markc
14-03-2005, 10:45 AM
I apologise if this is a bit off subject BUT if you haven't been to the Nurburgring yet or are planning a trip there soon and want some idea what all the fuss is about, the latest version of GT4 (Grand Tourismo 4) for the Playstation2 should be on your shopping list.

Picked up my reserved copy of on Saturday and loaded it up for some virtual action. The array of cars and circuits is better than ever but the big news is the Nurburgring Nordschleife is there recreated in all it's glory. The recreation is superb and uncannily realistic!

I proceeded to "Time Attack" mode, selected a Honda S2000 and went out on circuit. 2Hrs later I'd whittled my lap time down to 8min 43 secs and felt ready for an NSX so loaded up an '03 NSX-R. Another hour later I was regularly under 8min 20secs and finally posted an 8min 11sec.
Just for fun I then loaded up a Takata liveried JGTC NSX and managed a 7min 15sec.

So there you have it, if you're up for the challenge the lap times to beat are....
S2000 - 8min 43secs
NSX-R - 8min 11 secs
JGTC NSX - 7min 15sec

Cheers

Mark

Also, This months EVO mag has a feature on GT4 where Richard Meadon tries to better the real lap record set by Stefan Belof in a Porsche 962 (6min 19sec). He eventually manages a 5min 21sec lap in a Sauber C9 Group C car but this car is only available in a differant part of the game and after you've worked you way through all the event OR in his case have a cheat card provided by Sony.

trackdemon
14-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Awesome game :lol: Have a challenge running on another forum, FF / FR / MR & 4WD using specified cars - my times:

FF: Mini Cooper S 8.48.5
4wd: Evo8 gsr 8.04.6
FR: Vanquish 7.53.4
RR: NSXR 7.55.8

I'm pleased with those times so far! Did a couple in the Lister to see what it was like - 7.08.1 :shock: Its FAST

The NSXR sounds great in the game too, fantastic to drive - just make me want one more.....

markc
14-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Blimey, you're obviously dedicated GT'er :D

7.55 in the NSX-R :shock: , dunno where I'm going to find 15secs but I'll give it a good go!

I did try the Lister but found it too understeery and I kept crashing, very fast tho'

Are you using a wheel and pedals? I'm still on the stock hand controller as I don't have any where to mount the wheel etc.

The games sounds and looks amazing, especially on a big plasma and through a surround system.... off for another couple of laps now. :)

NSXGB
15-03-2005, 01:09 PM
....is GT4 available on PC? Anyone got a 'backup'?

DamianW
15-03-2005, 01:19 PM
....is GT4 available on PC? Anyone got a 'backup'?

Doubt it... but GTR racing is (http://www.10tacle.com/gtr-game/) - easily the most realistic racing sim I've ever played. Currently wasting far too much of my time with this.