PDA

View Full Version : MEMBERS Beware of XXX Parts

nsxdelorean
26-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi Members , A company in the north sold me a suspension part last week and unfortunately to their incompitance they removed it with a hammer, ( would you or Honda touch any of your parts on your NSX with a hammer!)
Subsequently after delivery I found a crack in the 500 pound used part ( a hub carrier) where they have tried to split the top balljoint, With a flat put across the edge of the aluminium it has upset the casting of the metal and created a hairline crack, The importance is, is that I could have put this on the car and been waiting for a future accident but worse still they wont change or refund the unit, saying it was in perfect order when it left,
As you guys will know the ball joints are sleeved , so hitting the part does no good as you are not actually achieving anything buy stiking it with a hammer
XXXParts think its OK to use a hammer and told me so on the phone.
After a heated discussion , they said that they had photos of the item but would not send me a copy to look at but strangely I was then told that I had purchased a job lot ie. bumper , wishbone, hub etc for a total of 1762.50.
However the reciept was itemised and broken down into subtotals and hand signed, This then compelled them to say that they would only refund the whole order if all the parts went back including the rear bumper that I had painted at the bodyshop last week with no reimbursment to the paintwork.

My advice is, Their gaurantee is worthless, and if you have to purchase from them, Buy parts one at a time and not parts like electrical or mechanical .
Parts like glass and panels maybe, as you can check them before the delivery man leaves your home, Then your covered, dont sign for them.

I should of used Dirk in Germany or someone like that as they know the cars professionally, If any one has similar problems , lets use this thread to keep members aware of dodgy suppliers and save us all a bit of hassle and Money
Bare in mind that the breakers phone Honda with every single order to get a price then quote you about 50 to 60 percent of that plus vat so the parts you get should be of at least some sort of quality

NSXGB
27-01-2008, 12:47 AM
....Maybe a solicitors letter is in order?

dan the man
27-01-2008, 11:03 AM
man thats a bummer :(

nsxdelorean
27-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Problem is , is that that they know what to do when selling multiple orders and they know you need the other bits and in my case Ive had em painted, By the way the photo they said exists, when asked they wouldnt send it for me to see.

NSXGB
28-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Problem is , is that that they know what to do when selling multiple orders and they know you need the other bits and in my case Ive had em painted, By the way the photo they said exists, when asked they wouldnt send it for me to see.

If they have a photo to prove it, why are they not showning you? I would think it would have to be a very good photo to show there was no crack. I don't believe them personally....do the take photo's of every part they sell?
Is there no insurance with the courier company?

Ewan
01-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Bummer :(

Check out the Distance Selling Regulations - they may give you the get-out necessary; if goods are damaged in transit, that's the sender's problem, not the buyer's. It might be worth talking to a solicitor, though the costs incurred could be high give the value of the item (£500 is a lot, but a decent solicitor might charge you £100+ an hour).

If I were you, I'd write (recorded delivery) to the supplier stating (politely, succinctly but firmly) that you feel the goods were sub-standard, that you want to return them and that you want a refund. Give them a reasonable time (7 or 10 days) to respond, or else you will take legal action "without further recourse to yourselves".

You can lodge a claim in what was the small claims court, at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk (http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk) - on the basis that you bought an item which was described as being in good order, and when it was received you found a potentially dangerous fault. Detail the steps you gave the supplier to make good the contract (ie politely requesting a refund on return of the goods, and detailing the reasonable time you gave them to comply). If they haven't responded or complied within that time, take the action out, and after that time, it'll be in the hards of the county court.

If they fail to file a response in the right time (which is quite possible), teh court will award you the judgment and you can basically send the bailiffs in to recover your money.

Good luck :)

Ewan