PDA

View Full Version : A/C compressor

ctrlaltdelboy
17-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if there are any differences between early and late model A/C compressors?

mine has died and needs replacing and I have seen one from a 97 car advertised, but would hate to buy it and find it is not suitable.

any help appreciated.

Darren

Kevin
17-02-2004, 06:14 PM
The refridgerant got changed at some point, don't know if that means a new compressor. People change their refridgerant without changing the pump though. Are they different part numbers?

ctrlaltdelboy
12-05-2004, 09:56 AM
in case anyone else is interested, my research has revealed that not only are the a/c pumps common across all NSX models, but the same unit is used on the Integra's, so if you need to source one from a breaker etc this widens your net considerably.

meanwhile I have decided to abandon my search for a new pump and will be removing the entire a/c system (or rather my mechanic will while I am on holiday in June) because I a really really kidding myself that I am a racer :lol:

edit: p.s. Kev, how about developing some nice ducting from the spaces soon to be vacated by my a/c condensers through to the brake disks :wink:

Kevin
12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
edit: p.s. Kev, how about developing some nice ducting from the spaces soon to be vacated by my a/c condensers through to the brake disks :wink:

Already am. Actually they will be replacement splash shields with ducting adaptors. At the other end the duct will go to the RM splitter.

I'd like to remove the A/C too, but in a black car and a long trip to Spa once a year, maybe not!