PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy ebay listing for MY55NSX

simonprelude
25-01-2008, 05:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-nsx-v6-silver-2005_W0QQitemZ250209707992QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18206 QQcmdZViewItem

Buy it now price, £6500 I'll have 3 please.

Greybloke
25-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Now removed!

sportyking
25-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Back again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NSX-V6-Silver-2005_W0QQitemZ290201545696QQihZ019QQcategoryZ18206 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Senninha
25-01-2008, 08:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-nsx-v6-silver-2005_W0QQitemZ250209707992QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18206 QQcmdZViewItem

Buy it now price, £6500 I'll have 3 please.

I'd use the savings to retrim the interior ... I'm sorry, but IMO, that blue just has to go!

On a serious note, I know the owner is a member here and wish you a successful sale.

Greybloke
25-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I'd use the savings to retrim the interior ... I'm sorry, but IMO, that blue just has to go!

On a serious note, I know the owner is a member here and wish you a successful sale.

I've seen this ad before, whats with the BIN price, must be a typo surely?:no:

mart155
25-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Paul, Do you know the owner, in which case, is this really dodgy as suggested in the title of the post

mart155
25-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Something strange going on.
Item keeps getting canceled and re-listed.

I was just watching it, got upto £15k the was cancelled, now back on at £5.23. Can't quite figure out whats going on here

Senninha
25-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Paul, Do you know the owner, in which case, is this really dodgy as suggested in the title of the post

Not personally, but sure it was advertised on the forum a while back due to illness in the family.

Also advertised here http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/295365.htm

regards

Greybloke
25-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Take a look at the response to various questions at the end of the ebay page. I feel sure the original details have been hijacked?

The Pistonheads ad quotes £49,995 and the seller is based Northampton, the ebay seller is located Great Yarmouth and quotes a buy it now of £6,500:laugh:

I've sent a emai to the pistonheads seller to alert him.

I could be wrong but....:rolleyes:

Greybloke
25-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Fascinating, it's just gone from 10 bids (up to about £1050 I recall) to a starting bid of £5.23 with no bids!

This is becoming compulsive viewing....

Senninha
25-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Fascinating, it's just gone from 10 bids (up to about £1050 I recall) to a starting bid of £5.23 with no bids!

This is becoming compulsive viewing....
Do you get the feeling that if this is someone scamming a deal they are getting nervous by the amount of early bidding attention? They've clearly just copied the PH add but for some reason changed the mileage??

Nick, thanx for sending the email to the original seller, was going to do same. I'm sure he is a member here so we should look out for each other.

The guy firing all the questions seems a tad keen. I wonder how long before fleabay put a stop to this auction?

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
25-01-2008, 11:18 PM
hannah9867 has the highest bid at just under £6.00 she must be replacing her 1994 Toyota Lucida which she sold at the end of 2007.
The thing that gets me is the seller has been seeling other stuff for the last 4 years or has this account been hijacked to sell the NSX.
And this is why the internet is not always a good thing!!!!!!!

Paul.

jaytip
26-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I have emailed the seller saying that i have never seen an NSX before but that it looks like a beautiful car and asked if they would end the listing if i agree to the buy it now price:laugh:
The responce was "Please contact me at johnson187@msn.com for bidding and buy now price 6,500 gbp"
So i am going to email them to find out more.I KNOW it's a scam,i'm just curious how it would work because i said i would pay cash on collection.
Watch this space.

Papalazarou
26-01-2008, 01:00 AM
I've spoken to the seller on a couple of occassions and tried to call him tonight. As someone rightly said, his wife fell i'll and he had to sell the car. The last thing you need is some dodgy scam.

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
26-01-2008, 01:17 PM
It will be a Western Union money transfer thing, pay the money then my brothers father in law will meet you down a dark alley to give you the keys and tell you where the car is.

Greybloke
26-01-2008, 07:56 PM
It's gone again:rolleyes:

AR
26-01-2008, 08:07 PM
It will be a Western Union money transfer thing, pay the money then my brothers father in law will meet you down a dark alley to give you the keys and tell you where the car is.

I met a few members of the board in dark places before. LOL

mart155
27-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Got to be a scam, Just for a laugh, I put a few bids on the other night.
Now received an email from the seller as I guess every other bidder will have done.
There is the text from the email ......You decide.

Hello there,

I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me about my car 2005 Honda NSX V6 Silver with only 12000 MILES.

My name is Rachael Reid and i am curentely Munich, Germany and the car is being shipped from here.

I has listed the car on eBay UK because it is UK model with UK specs ( right hand driving), still with UK plates. VRM number is MY55 NSX.

I brought the car here with me with the intention of driving it but when I found out about the very high import duties and all the restrictions regarding registration and emissions tests here I've changed my mind. Also I am not sure I can register an UK supply-Right Hand Drive car here....So I'm practically forced to sell the car.

Although I am still registered in the UK, but I recently moved due to my business.

The car is in a perfect cosmetic and engine conditions, and meticulously maintained. No damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, the engine doesn't smoke, runs and sounds awesome, the engine has never been repaired or something like that, never been into accidents and it is as advertised .The car has HPI cleared, it is free of encumbrances and liens.

You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the item in UK, in your name, and also a bill of sale in your name and signed by me.The car meets United Kindom DOT and EPA guidelines so there will be no problems regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car. You will have to pay just the taxes associated with registering it in UK. The car will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your front door in maximum 5 days.

Final price is £6,500.00 + shipping to your door. For an accurate shipping cost please include your shipping address in your next email.

As I said, nobody in there right mind would buy a car on ebay without seeing it first. This deal is as legitimate as it could possible be, so ebay will contact you with the transaction details to offer you the BUYER PURCHASE PROTECTION & REFUND PLAN.

Please ask questions!

I PREFER TO DO BUSINESS BY EMAIL, NOT TELEPHONE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO PHONE YOU. I LIKE THE PERMANENCY AND ACCURACY OF THE PRINTED WORD. I ALSO TRY TO WORK A BUSINESS WEEK. IF I DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION WHICH YOU ASK ON SUNDAY, BE PATIENT. I'LL GET TO IT ON MONDAY. THANKS!

Greybloke
27-01-2008, 09:01 PM
If it looks like a scam, smells like a scam, it's A SCAM:eek:

Hilarious anyway.