PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please

Midnight Blue
24-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Hi,

Somewhere in the past, some pillock has cracked the door window switch panel on the drivers side and there are also a couple of imperfections on the centre dash panel and the top air cond grille. I think it was when the after market alarm was fitted.
The car is Midnight Purple with black interior so it is pretty gloomy in there and would benefit from lifting slightly without resorting to Pimp My Ride.

This leaves me with several choices;
1). Get standard replacements
2). Repair the panels and paint black
3). Repair the panels and paint a lighter colour, possibly to match NSX-R whatever colour that is!
4). Carbon fibre overlay
5). Carbon fibre and Kevlar overlay (adds colours to the weave, silver, yellow red or blue available).

What do you advise?

Cheers,

Andy

jaytip
24-01-2008, 02:35 AM
I would go with one of the first three options.If you really want to go the carbon route then replace the whole centre console.Don't get the overlay kit as it looks cheap and nasty.
Just my opinion of course ;)

Midnight Blue
24-01-2008, 06:51 AM
Just to clarify, the carbon overlay is not the stick on pieces ex eBay but as per Dali or www.Robson-Design.com (http://www.Robson-Design.com) who stick CF over the existing piece.

Just thought of option 6
6). Get the door switch panels and the centre console trimmed in a contrasting leather, (say light grey).

Cheers,

Andy

mutley
24-01-2008, 08:40 AM
I know what you mean about being a bit dark and gloomy, I have gone for the dali carbon centre console and to brighten it up a bit, I retrimmed my door cards with red suede type material. Makes a difference.

Jim

Senninha
24-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Have you seen this guys work and/or thought about contacting him?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98414

He can refresh your OEM parts to an alternative color to give that brighter / lighter / more modern look. He can also completely wrap the OEM parts in quality Carbon Fibre so it will look good and have OEM fitment.

I agree with Ivor, dont go the simply overlay parts route as it really does not look good,even in a Corsa!!

The other option is that a good ICE installer or bodyshop should be able to repair and repaint the parts. My console is modified for non OEM stereo and has been painted bodycolor which works for me :)

HTH, Paul