PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - LED wing light

J382
22-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I need the LED brake light that goes in the wing of my NA1 (1995). Preferably the dark colour version. If its with the full wire harness, then that would be just perfect.

My current car does not have a LED lamp, only a blank red colour, so if you want to swap you have a deal.

Silver Surfer
22-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I need the LED brake light that goes in the wing of my NA1 (1995). Preferably the dark colour version. If its with the full wire harness, then that would be just perfect.

My current car does not have a LED lamp, only a blank red colour, so if you want to swap you have a deal.

You'll have to join the end of a long queue. ;)

SS

simonprelude
22-01-2008, 05:52 PM
It could almost be worth someone doing a US group buy ??

J382
24-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I managed to find 1 LED brake light from SOS...it set me back $400, plus $64 for the wire harness.... he says it almost new as it was a replacement for a customer, any way I'll see when it arrives. I hope it even fits the NA1.

He sells the new ones at about $650.

NSXGB
24-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I managed to find 1 LED brake light from SOS...it set me back $400, plus $64 for the wire harness.... he says it almost new as it was a replacement for a customer, any way I'll see when it arrives. I hope it even fits the NA1.

He sells the new ones at about $650.

I was going to buy one from them at that price a few years ago and decided against in the end.

If you keep an eye on Prime, they come up on the For Sale thread quite frequently from $150 up. You just ahve to hope they take Paypal and are willing to ship.
...That is of course you have not committed already?
The wire harness is easy enough to make up so not really worth worrying about.

It will fit your NA1. I have an NA1 and the plug is there in your loom already to 'plug and play'. I presume it was an optional extra from day 1?

J382
25-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks Simon,

I paid the $400 yesterday...in the end it is a dark LED type so I was happy i got what i really wanted. I'll let you know how I get on with installing it.

Just out of interest, where exactly would I look for the connector in the existing wireharness. is it near the engine bay where the cable goes from the boot through the engin bay or is it somewhere closer to the rear lights?

I know its cheeky to ask, i am just being lazy to look myself.:D

NSXGB
25-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks Simon,

I paid the $400 yesterday...in the end it is a dark LED type so I was happy i got what i really wanted. I'll let you know how I get on with installing it.

Just out of interest, where exactly would I look for the connector in the existing wireharness. is it near the engine bay where the cable goes from the boot through the engin bay or is it somewhere closer to the rear lights?

I know its cheeky to ask, i am just being lazy to look myself.:D

The cable will run out of your boot lid on the passenger side, at the back, through a grommet, down the gas strut then across and under the black window garnish (I believe that's what it's called). You will find the connector you are looking for just the other side of the garnish in the engine bay between the garnish and the air box.

Don't worry about being lazy, I done the same, asking the questions on Prime the other night....:)

Here's a pic that was posted on Prime for me to see the cable route:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/trunk_struts/strutinstalled2_600.jpg
You can see where the cable disappears under the Black garnish, the plug is literally just the other side...

Good luck..

NSXGB
25-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Fitted mine today and there is actually a small semi-circular hole in the bottom of the garnish to route the cable.
Easy job, should take 30 mins.

J382
25-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Thank Simon,
Your wite up is great. My car is here in Finland and is left hand drive, in anycase that small hole near the engine hatch is still on the left side (as shown in your link).

I am from London originally, moved here about 6 years ago. Bought my long term desire last summer for a fortune in Germany, now I have to pay another 60% on top for the unbelievable Finnish Car Tax. on at 13 year oil used car would you believe. So the final cost of my 'dear desire' set me back £47,000 (it's a 94' build with '95 spec, with 36K kms)....plus I had to get is Euro 2 passed, because it was registered first time only in 1998...it just about passed... its damn worth it to me....sometimes I wish I'd stayed in London So, definately the most expensive non-modified NA1 around. Only 2 here in Finland. I post some pics in the summer, when I get it out of the garage.

NSXGB
25-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Thank Simon,
Your wite up is great. My car is here in Finland and is left hand drive, in anycase that small hole near the engine hatch is still on the left side (as shown in your link).

I am from London originally, moved here about 6 years ago. Bought my long term desire last summer for a fortune in Germany, now I have to pay another 60% on top for the unbelievable Finnish Car Tax. on at 13 year oil used car would you believe. So the final cost of my 'dear desire' set me back £47,000 (it's a 94' build with '95 spec, with 36K kms)....plus I had to get is Euro 2 passed, because it was registered first time only in 1998...it just about passed... its damn worth it to me....sometimes I wish I'd stayed in London So, definately the most expensive non-modified NA1 around. Only 2 here in Finland. I post some pics in the summer, when I get it out of the garage.

:eek: Wow, you really wanted that car! Now I know why you were not bothered about paying SOS $400...:).

Good luck with the install.