PDA

View Full Version : Potential MoT problem?

Auto Spirit
09-01-2008, 01:32 PM
hi guys, as I mentioned in my introductory posts, I have bought a JDM NSX 1992 model with quite a lot of mods.

Its currently being shipped and will be arriving in Southampton in approx 3 weeks. My only concern is that with all the mods at the rear with the taitec exhaust, etc will it prove to be a problem to get it through an MoT? Luckily, being over 10 yrs old it doesnt need SVA test but I'm a little concerned that it may fail on emissions / noise levels. Here's a pic of the rear - any comments welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Kevin
09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Noise is dependant on the tester. The car is meant to not be louder than other example of the same model. Mine has the same exhaust that you have, and we (testers and me) had great fun revving it up to see how loud it went. Needless to say it passed. If your car has no cats it will be loud. Loud enough to be annoying after a while. With the cats in, the noise is much more acceptable. I know of some cats that are for sale and will fit, if you want them.

Emissions, well a 91 doesn't even need to have cats fitted, so the limits on the old cars like this aren't as tight as the newer ones.

Auto Spirit
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
thanks kevin, thats the kind of answer I was hoping for. I'm getting all the MoT and prep work done in port by my usual SVA agent in Southampton so hopefully there won't be any unforseen problems cropping up.

amo
09-01-2008, 07:25 PM
hi mate never had a prob with mine
and its loud lol
and welcome

thx AMO

dan the man
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
The car is meant to not be louder than other example of the same model..

no problem then. yours is an import, how does the tester know it wasnt a special edition in japan, he dont so tell him it is and to go find a car thats the same to compare it to :)
he cant

Auto Spirit
09-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Good call - we will see in a few weeks when the car arrives in Southampton. I have never been this excited about a car before - even my 2006 350z Nismo Spec is being sold to make way for it - hope I'm not expecting too much...!