PDA

View Full Version : New Member / Owner

Auto Spirit
08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Just thought I'd drop in to say hello. I bought my NSX direct from Japan back in December and its now only a matter of weeks before it arrives in Southampton. Can't wait....

Silver Surfer
08-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Welcome!!!

can you give a bit more details on where and how you purchased it?

Nice looking ?circuit blue car. i suspect it is a NA2.

What are list of mods does it have?

SS

Auto Spirit
08-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi, I bought it direct from Japanese auction. An American friend of mine posted details of it for comment on the nsxprime site so rather than repeat everything, have a look at...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97782

I'm so excited about it and can't wait to get my hands on it...:)

Auto Spirit
08-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask, any comments not already made on mods etc would be most welcome! Thanx

TheSebringOne
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Congratulations and welcome to this happy little community! Enjoy your new stead & let the V6 give you a beaming grin! :)

Auto Spirit
08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks mate. I've taken a lot of stick for getting one with an auto box but thats just my personal preference. From everything I've read it sounds like it will still be an exhilirating drive.

dan the man
08-01-2008, 10:13 PM
yep certainly different but i like it.

Enjoy pal and where u from?

Auto Spirit
08-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm in Berkshire - nice and quiet (although that's gonna change when the Taitec JGTC Centre-Exit Exhaust on my new NSX is fully unleashed ;)

Senninha
08-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi Auto Spirit,

Well that ones sure to get noticed in quiet 'ol Berkshire :)

So when do you start with the mods? :laugh:

Welcome, and keep an eye on the events forum so you can bring your new P&J out to meet some slightly less modded versions ....

See you soon, Paul

Auto Spirit
08-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Cheers Paul,

To be honest I'm totally ignorant about the technical / modification aspects of the car. I guess I'll have to confess to being an "all show and no go" kind of driver - hence the auto transmission. I simply bought it because it looked so good. It was only afterwards that I was told of the Taitec, Marga Hills body upgrades, etc. All I know is that the NSX is a dream that is about to come true...
I will post some pix just as soon as I take delivery once all the boring customs paperwork, MoT and DVLA stuff is taken care of.

britlude
08-01-2008, 11:03 PM
wellcome to the world of NSX autos! 2 feet, 2 pedals, as it was meant to be!

Auto Spirit
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
wellcome to the world of NSX autos! 2 feet, 2 pedals, as it was meant to be!

Glad I'm not the only one - auto transmission is just bliss!:D

Midnight Blue
10-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Mine is an auto too. Really good for the day to day stuff. Stops you getting frustrated with the car when you are caught in traffic and it can still 'sing' when asked.

Only downside is No 1 wife likes to drive it too as she dislikes manual boxes.

Cheers,

Andy

Auto Spirit
11-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Only downside is No 1 wife likes to drive it too as she dislikes manual boxes.

Cheers,

Andy

I will be installing a 100 metre exclusion zone around my NSX for my wife - she's got no chance of getting behind the wheel...

Rob_Fenn
14-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Thats a nice looking NSX. Welcome!

Anyone know the amount of imports in the UK? Any way of finding out?

Cheers

Rob

Auto Spirit
14-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Cheers Rob,

Thanks for the nice comment about my soon-to-arrive import NSX. Yep, would be interesting to know how many other JDM NSX's there are here in the UK. My guess is not that many - they're still worshipped in Japan and so auction prices are relatively high even for older models.