PDA

View Full Version : Hope you have a strong stomach?

NSXGB
03-01-2008, 01:13 AM
http://modifiedcars.com/covercar.asp?id=37&Honda-NSX-3.0-VTEC-Need-for-Speed-Pro-Street

Senninha
03-01-2008, 01:25 AM
I hate pretty much most of that vileside kit with the exception of the headlamps, which, IMO Honda could have used on the 02 facelift....

Sudesh
03-01-2008, 01:49 AM
I hate pretty much most of that vileside kit with the exception of the headlamps, which, IMO Honda could have used on the 02 facelift....

Yeah have to agree, I like the head lights but not a fan of the rest...........

simonprelude
03-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Well the more that have bodykits strapped to them will make the purists cars even more exclusive :)

Rob_Fenn
03-01-2008, 09:31 AM
It seems to be quite disturbingly popular. I can't quite how people can find it attractive, horses for courses i guess!

AR
03-01-2008, 11:57 AM
I do not mind body kits with function, but why would anyone ( unless repairing a crashed car ) use fibreglass panels on an all aluminium car and think of it as an improvement?

Cheers,

AR

nomis
03-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I do not mind body kits with function, but why would anyone ( unless repairing a crashed car ) use fibreglass panels on an all aluminium car and think of it as an improvement?

You obviously haven't watch The Fast & the Furious... it's 'cause they go faster, innit ;)

Japanese cars seem the worst at attracting chavtastic add-ons - it is almost impossible to buy a stock 3rd Gen RX-7, R34 Skyline GT-R or Supra... and it is a real shame to see that the NSX is gravitating toward the same dark, evil, Burberry cloaked place.

(ps - anyone got a spare set of neons for sale?)

TheSebringOne
03-01-2008, 03:05 PM
The only thing I like is the head lamps as some of you guys agree to and strangely, white clour seems whacky and different! Apart from that its just not my bag!!

markc
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Exige lookalike front, 360 lookalike rear and still manages to look hideous :(

I was "First to make a comment" on that website, needless to say it was not complementary, but each to their own, live and let live etc :)

Mark

Boomin33
03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I actually like what they are starting to do with the rear. But maybe it does look too much like a 360 though... so for me lights yes or at least a maybe, but would never drive with that spoiler...

Boomin33
03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I actually like what they are starting to do with the rear. But maybe it does look too much like a 360 though... so for me lights yes or at least a maybe, but would never drive with that spoiler...

Boomin33
03-01-2008, 06:03 PM
fairly socially inept looking group in the pic at the end.

Silver Surfer
03-01-2008, 10:10 PM
The only bit I like.....Paul (CF) are you dribbling?? ;):laugh:

http://www.modifiedcars.com/covercars/large/37_40.jpg

SS

mutley
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Now then where do I start.

I remember when I first joined this site , I posted up a pic of the Veilside kit (must still be on here somewhere, anyone remember the yellow one??).

At first when I saw it in a car mag, it was in black and I thought it looked pretty good.

Having seen it in different colours and different angles, sometimes I like it, sometimes I hate it. Yes I would love the headlights, and I think the rear lights do modernise the dated look of our rear clusters.

But it all ready has been said, each to their own.

But I have now decided on subtle changes to my car, mainly interior-wise.

Jim

Senninha
04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
The only bit I like.....Paul (CF) are you dribbling?? ;):laugh:

SS
Far too high gloss finish for interior use IMO. Dash, doors and other parts should I beleive be of a satin or even matt finish. High gloss finish is subject to too many reflections and will show up finger marks etc.

I like the gloss finish for the exterior, especially with my paint colour, as it often not noticeable until the light catches the weave of the CF. This for me retains the OEM look and feel.

No more interior photos please otherwise I'll be committed to a whole new project to refresh the dash, console, doors, seats .... stop it now!!! :D

regards, Paul

AR
04-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Far too high gloss finish for interior use IMO. Dash, doors and other parts should I beleive be of a satin or even matt finish. High gloss finish is subject to too many reflections and will show up finger marks etc.

I like the gloss finish for the exterior, especially with my paint colour, as it often not noticeable until the light catches the weave of the CF. This for me retains the OEM look and feel.

No more interior photos please otherwise I'll be committed to a whole new project to refresh the dash, console, doors, seats .... stop it now!!! :D

regards, Paul

I think that your car is getting like my house, a never ending improvement project! :) At least yours is fun!

Steveycaz
04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I think CF on the interior trim is too naff - even more so as a retro-fit! Don't like the idea of 'improving' the NSX by making it look like a Ferrari from the rear either. The NSX is a 17 year-old car - I prefer to celebrate its looks as a classic piece of automotive history rather than 'nip and tuck' it to be something it is not.

Martin
04-01-2008, 11:07 PM
well said Steve :-)

Rob_Fenn
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Yes, agree with Steve.

One thing i do like is the wing mirrors, very sleek. Seem similar to the Ferrari F430s.

http://www.modifiedcars.com/covercars/large/37_18.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/F/ferrari/f430/03-large/05-mirror.jpg

AR
07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I think CF on the interior trim is too naff - even more so as a retro-fit! Don't like the idea of 'improving' the NSX by making it look like a Ferrari from the rear either. The NSX is a 17 year-old car - I prefer to celebrate its looks as a classic piece of automotive history rather than 'nip and tuck' it to be something it is not.

Both NA1 and NA2 NSX-R had CF interior accents.

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
07-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Both NA1 and NA2 NSX-R had CF interior accents.

Cheers,

AR
I didn't know that.Which parts?

NSXGB
07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I didn't know that.Which parts?

Mesh gaiter surround, dash and I think the centre console (NA1).

AR
07-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Mesh gaiter surround ( NA2 only ), dash and I think the centre console (NA1). plus door switch area too. It was optinal on NA1. The stereo blanking plate for the NA2 is also CF.

Cheers,

AR

Boomin33
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Found this pic... in yellow

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z313/importeater/Whips/AcuraNSXVeilside.jpg