PDA

View Full Version : Type S shift knobs

dan the man
28-12-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Zanardi_knob/default.asp

Anyone fancy one of these? Im in the states in 3 weeks or less and thought about getting some parts bought and sent to the hotel then ill bring them back with me. Saving customs charges etc etc..

I fancy the knob as above, IF it fits the standard thread which i think it does.

Other goodies are the boots and surrounds..

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Honda/NSX-R/shift_boot/default.asp

With good rates at the mo worksd out not bad at all

dan the man
28-12-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Daves_Parts/

short shift too..although ive asked before and they are unsure if it fits RH drive cars.. hmmm

Engine bay brace is doable in the board bag :)

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Okuyama/shock_tower_bar/

LIST CONFIRMED.

DAN---- 1 KEY,1 TYPE-S STYLE SHIFT KNOB,1 nsxr boot
SUDESH--1 KEY,1 TYPE-S STYLE SHIFT KNOB,1 nsxr boot
AR-- 2 KEYs (greedy git)
SILVER SURFER-- Type S style KNOB
SIMON PRELUDE- 1 KEY
JAYTIP-- 1 KEY
BLUE NSX-- 1 TYPE S KNOB, 1 KEY
PETE M - 1 KEY

(that makes 8 keys, 7 is what they have)

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I would be interested in the Zanardi / Type-S Shift Knob. I was trying to buy an original from ebay US but the guy wouldnt ship to UK.

dan the man
28-12-2007, 07:50 PM
ok. as long as were sure they fit etc then they shoudl be ok with shipping to my hotel.

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah no problem Dan! Think from reading I would also need the mesh boot to make it fit correctly so I would take one also. I would have liked a spare key but the page doesnt seem to work so I can get some moe info.

AR
28-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah no problem Dan! Think from reading I would also need the mesh boot to make it fit correctly so I would take one also. I would have liked a spare key but the page doesnt seem to work so I can get some moe info.

I could also use a spare metal key.

When are you going there?

Cheers,

AR

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Key page is working now! Price $94.45. I would also be interested in one.

Offered with the 1991-1996 NSX when new, the factory metal "titanium look" key was a special part of ownership as unique as the car itself. The key is actually made from Monel (nickey alloy composed of 70% nickel, 30% copper).

As this is an accessory, we expect the factory to discontinue this part in the near future as is becoming common with many of the NSX factory accessories.

The key is "blank" and must be cut to your car. We recommend taking the key to a professional locksmith for cutting (take your existing key with you).

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Honda/metal_key/factory_metal_key.jpg
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Honda/metal_key/polishedkey1[1].jpg

dan the man
29-12-2007, 12:59 PM
thats funny, i tried the key page loads yesterday and found it wasnt on.

Ill check it now its back up.

Leave for the states on 15th JAN. when we known what we want ill email them to see if they wil deliver to my hotel,m cant see it being a problem.

So for knob, boot and key about £15o ish by my reckoning plus postage but if all in same box surely be less a bit..

Senninha
29-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Hey Guys,

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=921767&posted=1#post921767

Happy New Year! Chris is having a clearance sale and the parts you want are incuded at good discount.

Dan, I've enquired about a part that if the price is good, maybe you could bring back for me?

HTH regards, Paul

dan the man
29-12-2007, 05:51 PM
WOW NEED TO MOVE FAST for the knobs then.

Paul what are u after? if it fits in my board bag then sure pal no worries.

thanks for the link and who wnats what i need to order asap. the keys and knobs are gona go i think.

please make a list for me to make it easier. Ill bang it all on my card and u guys can pay me ok?

AR-- 1 KEY

Sudesh
29-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Well I definately will take the.

1. Zanardi / Type-S Shift Knob
1. Mesh Boot
1. New Metal Key

dan the man
29-12-2007, 06:02 PM
OK added SOS emailed.

Paul how do u usually pay? As i want the stuff sent when im in the us not before but wana pay soon so we dont miss the bargains or stock!!

??

AR
29-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks mate! Maybe time for a meet???

dan the man
29-12-2007, 06:13 PM
AR is that u a defo for a key then? lol

meet be good, but probably no time now, when i get back with the goodies then a meet could work in!

i can stay at home and u lot can drive up for your stuff!! lmao

AR
29-12-2007, 06:25 PM
AR is that u a defo for a key then? lol

meet be good, but probably no time now, when i get back with the goodies then a meet could work in!

i can stay at home and u lot can drive up for your stuff!! lmao

Dan is there a chance you could put me down for 2 keys.

Meeting up there will be good.

Thanks again,

Ary

Silver Surfer
29-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Dan,

I'll have a Type S style Gear knob as well if there is any more going? If not I'll have a type R teardrop knob instead if they fit on a 91.

SS

dan the man
29-12-2007, 06:36 PM
put links up SS so i know exactly what u want.

AR- OK two keys but not many left so all i can do is put it on first posted first served basis etc..

As soon as they get back to me ill order as worried ill miss the keys and stuff.

AR
29-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Dan,

I'll have a Type S style Gear knob as well if there is any more going? If not I'll have a type R teardrop knob instead if they fit on a 91.

SS

Mate if it is an OEM NA1 NSX-R shiftknob, it will not fit without major modifications as it has a stud end instead of threads, but if it is the SOS it will fit.

Cheers,

AR

dan the man
29-12-2007, 06:42 PM
teardrop knob is same as type S is it not??

Silver Surfer
29-12-2007, 06:42 PM
No 1 choice:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Zanardi_knob/default.asp

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Zanardi_knob/knob-450.jpg

No.2 choice:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/Rapid/

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/Rapid/rapid_shift_knobs.jpg

SS

dan the man
29-12-2007, 06:44 PM
thought so pal, the 3rd one on the picture?

And how do u link pics like that? are they linked direct?

Sudesh
29-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Just to confirm the gear knob I would like is this one:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Zanardi_knob/knob-450.jpg

Silver Surfer
29-12-2007, 06:48 PM
thought so pal, the 3rd one on the picture?

And how do u link pics like that? are they linked direct?

Nah.....copy and paste, the simple way.

SS

NSXGB
30-12-2007, 08:52 AM
OK added SOS emailed.

Paul how do u usually pay? As i want the stuff sent when im in the us not before but wana pay soon so we dont miss the bargains or stock!!

??

I've dealt with SOS a few times, they take Paypal.

BlueNSX
30-12-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Daves_Parts/

short shift too..although ive asked before and they are unsure if it fits RH drive cars.. hmmm

Engine bay brace is doable in the board bag :)

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Okuyama/shock_tower_bar/

LIST CONFIRMED.

AR-- 2 KEYs (greedy git)
SILVER SURFER-- Type S style KNOB

Is it Possible to add to the list ?

Thanks

dan the man
30-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Blue NSX- not ordered yet. was waiting for email back off prime..

Sudesh - yes same as me.

silver surfer? copy and paste? didnt know u could do that.. ill try it...

simonprelude
30-12-2007, 03:48 PM
1 key please :)

jaytip
30-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Probably all gone by now but i would like a key too.

AR
30-12-2007, 04:46 PM
you guys know theya are no good for cars with the chip, IIRC 97 plus or maybe 95.

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
30-12-2007, 05:05 PM
you guys know theya are no good for cars with the chip, IIRC 97 plus or maybe 95.

Cheers,

AR
Yeah i know that but it would still be nice to have one.

simonprelude
30-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes, not even going to get it cut.

Cheers,

AR

dan the man
31-12-2007, 07:33 AM
My car only starts after ive blipped the fob, now wehen the key is in... so i asume its no chip in it?

added u to the list now guys.
No word from chris at SOS, Paul u heard anything back?

BlueNSX
31-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Blue NSX- not ordered yet. was waiting for email back off prime..

Sudesh - yes same as me.

silver surfer? copy and paste? didnt know u could do that.. ill try it...

if poss s type shifter and key. how do we pay? u?, them? etc

dan the man
31-12-2007, 11:41 AM
added to list. ill pay for everything and sort payment out with you guys individually.

PeteM
31-12-2007, 01:45 PM
If I'm not too late I'll have a Key as well please..

:)

NSXGB
31-12-2007, 01:46 PM
My car only starts after ive blipped the fob, now wehen the key is in... so i asume its no chip in it?

added u to the list now guys.
No word from chris at SOS, Paul u heard anything back?

It's worth chasing SOS up on the email front, they are sometimes a bit slow replying, even phone them if you can.......but at least you get the bits from them though, unlike the other chap.....

jaytip
31-12-2007, 08:38 PM
but at least you get the bits from them though, unlike the other chap.....
What other chap???:laugh::laugh:

NSXGB
01-01-2008, 08:20 PM
What other chap???:laugh::laugh:

....I think you know! :D

dan the man
01-01-2008, 09:20 PM
PETE M - added.

Ill email SOS in the morning as tired now and off to bed. was 6AM when i got in today :)

Senninha
01-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Use this email and address it to Chris
info@scienceofspeed.com

I find it gets a same day response.

Dan, I've ordered my goods direct but will need your delivery details if still ok for you to collect?

regards, Paul

dan the man
01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
yes pal ill bring them back no worries. Oik thanks ill use that email. better do it now eh as they are awake at differnent times to us.

(cant check prime to see if had a response as server too busy..funny pic of a donkey they give oyu too )

Bram
01-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Hello, I have brand new type S shift knob, if interested, please send me an email.

Bram

I would be interested in the Zanardi / Type-S Shift Knob. I was trying to buy an original from ebay US but the guy wouldnt ship to UK.

Sudesh
01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Hello, I have brand new type S shift knob, if interested, please send me an email.

Bram

Hi, Thanks but I'll stick with Dan and his mini Group Buy on getting the items.

Silver Surfer
02-01-2008, 12:37 AM

Bram

Suggest you put it on the 'for sale' domain with total cost including delivery to the UK if you want to shift it.

SS

dan the man
02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Guys checking the thread, it looks like the keys are going fast. He has had a problem with his emails too he says.. so maybe the keys were gona struggle on.

Right what ill do is order whats on the list and see what we can get. probably just the keys we will stryuggle on, do it on a 1st come basis on the thread

dan the man
02-01-2008, 10:37 AM

Bram

Hold that thought for putting it in the for sale section. There are only 4 of these left so we might not get them as yet as we want 4. If we get 3 we can buy this one and then split it across all parties to even the cost out be it higher or lower.

that ok guys?

goldnsx
02-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Just as a warning to you guys. I had both, the expensive OEM Type S shiftknob and the SOS Type S Style one.

Weight OEM: 240 gramm (if I recall correctly)
Weight SOS: 500 gramm (!!!) :angry:

I ended up selling the SOS one very, very fast because it's no fun driving a right orner fast in 3 rd, going to select 4rd and ending up in 2nd. All just because the centrifugal forces on the damn weight were pushing it nearly automatically there. :eek:

I drive the OEM Type S and OEM boot now and will sell it if the offer is reasonable. It has been used for a year and is in new condition.

dan the man
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
250grams.. quarter of a bag of sugar.

I thought the DC2 knobs weight was actually designed to help 'shift feel'

only one way to find out i suppose., and how it can nearly change gear for you is a mystery., your head on your shoulders must be falling off then!- :)

Silver Surfer
02-01-2008, 06:36 PM
your head on your shoulders must be falling off then!- :)

:laugh::laugh:

Shouldn't the extra weight of the 'knob' help to shift in to gear using it's 'natural weight'?.....can't believe the knob weighs 0.5 kg....what's it made from? steel/lead..:dunno:

SS

goldnsx
02-01-2008, 06:40 PM
and how it can nearly change gear for you is a mystery

No mystery at all! Simply physical evidence. ;)

Ok, I'm done with arguments. Find out yourself and please let me know as soon as you're overreving your engine at the track. :D

dan the man
03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
:(

sorry guys it seems the KEYS are all gone. The online ordering system would not let me order more than 1 so was obiously playing up. The blunsx rang them direct and they havge not got back to him. Ive also PMd and emailed and had no response..

all in all its been slack. :(

Just hope we can get the other bits sorted if everyone still wnats them.

Paul still good to bring back your goods.

BlueNSX
03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
sorry guys it seems the KEYS are all gone. The online ordering system would not let me order more than 1 so was obiously playing up. The blunsx rang them direct and they havge not got back to him. Ive also PMd and emailed and had no response..

all in all its been slack.

Just hope we can get the other bits sorted if everyone still wnats them.

Paul still good to bring back your goods.

Have Just Rung for the Fourth Time :no: and Jeff :angry: assured me he "Would handle it personally".

Yanks and their good service:laugh:

He Has and heres the NEWS

Keys - 0
Type-S Knobs - 4
NSX-R Shift Boots - 2

Back Ordered KEYS (11856)

BlueNSX
03-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Just as a warning to you guys. I had both, the expensive OEM Type S shiftknob and the SOS Type S Style one.

I ended up selling the SOS one very, very fast because it's no fun driving a right orner fast in 3 rd, going to select 4rd and ending up in 2nd. All just because the centrifugal forces on the damn weight were pushing it nearly automatically there. :eek:

I drive the OEM Type S and OEM boot now and will sell it if the offer is reasonable. It has been used for a year and is in new condition.

HOW MUCH U LOOKING FOR ££

dan the man
05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
sorry i havnt been on guys ive only just serfaced from being in bed for a few days. A brain scan there and flue here and that was me proper ILL.

BLUE ill ring u.

dan the man
06-01-2008, 11:58 AM
SOS wont take credit cards from over seas :(

thats how i was gona pay and then sort it out after. so if people want to pay for their own bits ill gladly bring them all back ok

dan the man
06-01-2008, 12:55 PM

sos quote..

We've been very impressed with the shifting in our Zanardi edition NSX. The shift knob used in this special edition is the same found in the Type-S edition in Japan. This heavy-weighted T304 stainless steel shift knob feels excellent in the hand and the weight allows the knob to easily drop in to gear. This is by far the best shift knob we have ever used.

thats saying the extra weight makes the shift feel ebtter so who knows..

Silver Surfer
06-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Dan,

Need your address in the USA to request them to send the parts to.

Any problem ordering on-line and paying with UK credit card or Amex??

SS

NSXGB
06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
SOS wont take credit cards from over seas :(

thats how i was gona pay and then sort it out after. so if people want to pay for their own bits ill gladly bring them all back ok

No Paypal account?

dan the man
06-01-2008, 07:27 PM
They dont take UK credit cards for some reason.

And my paypal account comes straight outa my bank. wanted to bang it on the CC u see...

as for address im on the case..

Senninha
06-01-2008, 08:44 PM
No Paypal account?
SOS operate Paypal for overseas sales guys

Dan, the part I wanted is out of stock so don't think you'll need to collect anything for me now. Thanx for the offer.

regards, Paul

AR
06-01-2008, 08:47 PM
SOS operate Paypal for overseas sales guys

Dan, the part I wanted is out of stock so don't think you'll need to collect anything for me now. Thanx for the offer.

regards, Paul

Ditto, now you can relax on the trip. :)

Take care and have fun.

AR

dan the man
06-01-2008, 09:16 PM
ahh paul i thought they had saved it for you? Still dont mind bringing anything else back ok guys.

AR- it aint a relaxing holiday :) !

some kick ass riding and then my birthdays in the middle of it so some kick ass partying too!

NSXGB
07-01-2008, 12:23 PM
They dont take UK credit cards for some reason.

And my paypal account comes straight outa my bank. wanted to bang it on the CC u see...

as for address im on the case..

You should be able to add your credit card to your Paypal account?

dan the man
07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
never thought of that.. hmm ill get on it.

thanks!

dan the man
09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi guys the nice chaps on prime have found me my ZIP code so for anyone who has ordered stuf ffor me to bring back i have it now.

As for the group buy who is still defo intrteted off the list..everyone?

Sudesh
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi dan! Thats Great news. I'm still in anyway!

Silver Surfer
10-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Great News Dan!

I'm still in.

SS

dan the man
10-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Blue NSX still want your knob?

as ordering tommoz

BlueNSX
10-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Blue NSX still want your knob?

as ordering tommoz

I'm Quite Happy with my "Knob" :no: but bigger is better! :eek:

DTM how do u want to do this ? PM or Call me

Thanks

Blu

dan the man
18-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Ok guys they say they can only ship to the paypal address- which is of course in the UK.

so currently waiting for an email if anythings doable to ship to the condo in breckenridge CO. They can but by wire transfer, and i wanted to do it by credit card.

anyone wana offer to wire transfer?

:(

dan the man
28-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Well im very sorry to say this never came off. With slow response from SOS on the email front and then only finding out they dont do UK credit cards when i arrived in the US the whole thing was a NOGO from start to finish.

I couldnt do wire transfer from the US as no bank details about on me and probably didnt have enough ready in the account anyway. Then even if i did use a credit card they would only ship to the cards address which was backhome.. so all in all a bit of damp squib!

sorry guys. dunno if u anyone fancies still doing it and getting it shipped to UK but run the risk of the HS customs then up to you. They did email me to say they have more keys in stock if anyone still wants to get one.

For now im not bothered about it anymore, selling the car as got some future plans to snowboard for a season and stuff so makes sense not to trhow cash at it- however much id like to :)