View Full Version : Seen an NSX

adnsx
28-12-2007, 01:26 PM
It would be an import -

1991, red, Leather electric seats, Bose (*** spec) hifi, 60k Km = c. 40k miles
Mint factory condition
no evidence of repair - described as 5*

Can have it delivered to Liverpool for less than £15k

Plan to have as 2nd car for 3 - 6 months then sell on and at least break even / get a small profit.

does that 'appear' good value?

Senninha
28-12-2007, 01:42 PM
If you 'can' get it for the money you're quoting then I doubt you will loose out. However, I would check very carefully as if it were this cheap then I think many others would already be doing this. The NSX is still a sought after car in Japan, and the good ones demand good prices. This usually results in them arriving in the UK at a premium that would be hard to recover, not to mention aiming for a profit.

Just my 2p's worth but HTH

regards,

adnsx
28-12-2007, 01:47 PM
OK - thanks, still waiting for a few answers and a few extra pictures - it looks 100% mint and 'untouched' - but truth / reality v.different - then need UK spec fog light switch and a lamp fitted / a reverse bulb painted red...

AR
28-12-2007, 02:26 PM
OK - thanks, still waiting for a few answers and a few extra pictures - it looks 100% mint and 'untouched' - but truth / reality v.different - then need UK spec fog light switch and a lamp fitted / a reverse bulb painted red... speedo converter and delimiter, plus UK tyres. Please make sure that you get the history if you can as everything in the NSX is expensive.

Cheers,

AR

bazza
28-12-2007, 06:35 PM
It would be an import -

1991, red, Leather electric seats, Bose (*** spec) hifi, 60k Km = c. 40k miles
Mint factory condition
no evidence of repair - described as 5*

Can have it delivered to Liverpool for less than £15k

Plan to have as 2nd car for 3 - 6 months then sell on and at least break even / get a small profit.

does that 'appear' good value?

£15k sounds about right FOB + £600 shipping + insurance.
Then there is duty (10% of the vehicle invoice value + shipping), customs fees (£100-£200 of misc crap) and then the dreaded VAT (on the vehicle invoice value, shipping and duty). Works out around £20k..

Add another £600 to get it on the road too :)

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 09:09 PM
£15k sounds about right FOB + £600 shipping + insurance.
Then there is duty (10% of the vehicle invoice value + shipping), customs fees (£100-£200 of misc crap) and then the dreaded VAT (on the vehicle invoice value, shipping and duty). Works out around £20k..

Add another £600 to get it on the road too :)

Yeah got to agree with bazza. I have brought over quite a few imports so check for ALL the costs. £15k sounds a tad cheap as most NSX's make more money in Japan. If £15k is [CIF] landed price, then there is 10% Customs duty then 17.5% uk vat, then you will require and MOT which depending on the garage can add a few extra pounds. The you will be required to get your new documentation, that also incures fee plus On the road tax. You could be looking upwards of £19/£20k.

The bose hifi will not work without a band expander and even with that it's not properly setup for UK.

adnsx
01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Got this reply to recent note asking about the car.

Dear Mr.
Thanks your giving us inquiry.
Yes this NSX is still for sale and as we mentioned about mileage
Its still only 60,000km so we don't need to replace it and didn't do replace
Belt yet.
JPY3,100,000 is FOB price not included shipping cost to UK. And
Its JPY3,240,000C&F to LIVERPOOL UK included shipping cost.

Yes its with electric seats and BOZE stereo system.
And about repaired, as I checked, there is nothing got big or serious
Damage on body.

We wish we can get reply from you soon,

Best regards

Then send him this...

Hello

I am interested in this car - if possible could you e-mail me some extra pictures - the engine area, boot, under the bonnet also the headlights switched on (so I know they go up and work) and if possible a picture of the service records so I know it has some.

Also how would I pay for the car - when do I send a deposit, the full amount - is the car insured when on the boat?

Can you see if there is any damage to the bodywork

Speak to you soon

and got the following reply:

Thanks your reply.

Sure, I here attached all the photos of this NSX and hope you could

Find everything well.

About terms of payment, please make full amount by WIRE TRANSFER

To our bank account. As I checked about schedule, there is a boat going to
UK on the

20th of January and I can ship this on it if we can reach to deal very soon.

I don’t make you hurry but its because of NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS in JAPAN(its
from today until January 4 or 5th)

All company closed and it might be very tight to arrange everything for
shipment.

Of course there is nothing any damage on this NSX!

We wish we can get reply from you again.

Best regards,

This makes me think the following:
There may some room for price adjustment
It could be a scam i.e. I send about £14k by wire transfer and never get anything!
Need to see if the maths add up -
Can somebody work out the true cost of getting the car in the UK - import tax and customs - can they still go via Ireland and come in tax free or has that closed now? work there and have familiy relative (brother in law's Irish) - have brought in a prelude vtec from Ireland which was a good deal and paid no tax on the (from memory)

Hope this picture hosting works - if not please follow link!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/bigaldupes/NSX1.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/bigaldupes/NSX2.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/bigaldupes/NSX3.jpg

Price is 3,240,000 C&F (whatever that means) to Liverpool including shipping cost

adnsx
01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
car is £14,000 invoice price
10% duty = £1,400
17.5% VAT = £2,450 =
£17,850

Set of tyres, (estimate £800 - had co. car so not sure of exact prices...)
Delimit and speedo (£250??)= £18,900 - plus delivery to house by transporter, tax etc. and that's the £20k

if Anyone interested here is the link - I don't have that much cash / need but maybe its the car for somebody here..

Also - looking at this picture the bonnet looks different colour to bumper and wing - though it could be the light

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/bigaldupes/10056068.jpg

http://www.japanese-usedcars-export.jp/inventory/de0100039.html

jaytip
01-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I would NEVER send that much cash in a wire transfer to somone i didn't know.
If i were that interested in the car i would get on a plane and go view,paying for it once i see it loaded into a container for shipping.
So the bottom line here is;by a UK model,it is far easier and safer.
JMHO

Sudesh
01-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I never ever heard of cars coming in tax free to Ireland? and I imported cars from as far back as 1995! Shipping it to Ireland has no tax free denifit, you will still have to show your customs 10% paid invoice and the 17.5% UK duty paid invoice in order to have the car taxed. Converting to UK miles is only about £25.00 for a good mileage converter and its very easy to install. Radio band expander is a few pounds and you will be able to pick up the UK stations, converting your rear lights so you have a rear fog is quite simple to do also. It will only be in an extreme case where your asked to change your tires, and cars that are usually over the 10year policy only require MOT as apposed to SVA so they will get away with alot less. I didnt have to change the tires on my car. I think the car would probably stand around £18,300 or so with all done and dusted.

jaytip
02-01-2008, 12:26 AM
I never ever heard of cars coming in tax free to Ireland? and I imported cars from as far back as 1995! Shipping it to Ireland has no tax free denifit, you will still have to show your customs 10% paid invoice and the 17.5% UK duty paid invoice in order to have the car taxed. Converting to UK miles is only about £25.00 for a good mileage converter and its very easy to install. Radio band expander is a few pounds and you will be able to pick up the UK stations, converting your rear lights so you have a rear fog is quite simple to do also. It will only be in an extreme case where your asked to change your tires, and cars that are usually over the 10year policy only require MOT as apposed to SVA so they will get away with alot less. I didnt have to change the tires on my car. I think the car would probably stand around £18,300 or so with all done and dusted.
I could be way off with this but i thought it was a case of import a car to Ireland,register it in Ireland and then bring it to the UK.

Sudesh
02-01-2008, 12:51 AM
I could be way off with this but i thought it was a case of import a car to Ireland,register it in Ireland and then bring it to the UK.

Its cost even more to register and officially import a car into the Southern Ireland! They charge what is called VRT [Vehicle Rgistration Tax] which is based on their own system and values. Southern VAT is also 21% so if you register in the south and pay all their charges and vat then export it to UK and registering fees etc it would work out very very expensive.

jaytip
02-01-2008, 03:33 AM
But if Northern Ireland is part of the UK where were the benefits of importing through Ireland.I'm really confused now:unsure:

adnsx
02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Car I brought in was from Ireland - I was working there and had proof - think it avoided paying import duty and VAT in the UK as it was tax paid in Ireland, and once in an EU member state / Country the 'free movement of goods, services, and people' run that all EU law is based on meant there was no tax to pay in the UK.
I may have paid 21% tax, was years ago now - 2000 / 2001 I think - did not have to have a SVA as it was registered in Ireland - but could be wrong on that point also!