PDA

View Full Version : Under Guard

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Just noticed today when I removed my spare wheel to do a horn upgrade that, I can see to the ground? Is this the way is supposed to be? no floor pan up front? Cant say I ever really remember this on my previous NSX's although in saying that I never looked under the bonnet or anywhere else for that matter.

TheSebringOne
28-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Yep, straight through to the ground! Stange at first, but you will get used to it! Unless you have a NA2 02+ Type R , which has a full aero under tray. HTH

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Yeah looks a bit strange alright! lol
Also noticed how heavy the spare is, do you guys all run with the spare or remove it due to the weight and hope for the best?

AR
28-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Remove it except for really long runs.

I also have a can of puncture repair.

Cheers,

AR

indi pearl
28-12-2007, 11:43 AM
My spare tyre has deteriorated,with cracks in the rubber side wall.Having found out the tyre is specific to the NSX and is no longer made,or indeed available I have removed it and run with 2 cans of liquid rubber in case of a flat.

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah just done the same today! removed the tyre and purchased the liquid repair instead. Would there be any point in putting in an under tray like the NSX-R?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/PicFetch.jpg

TheSebringOne
28-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Not sure how much of aero advantage by just getting the bit that stops you seeing the floor? Unless you go the whole way and get the full undertray system like the Type R, including the front and rear parts under the bumpers and the rear diffuser on the lower valance is different on a 02+ and Type R anyway.

britlude
28-12-2007, 09:48 PM
i think the rear diffuser is just cosmetic anyway, as there's a bloody great silencer in the way of anything that could be effective!

the undertray at the front will do something, but you then have to have the vented bonnet as the radiator has no-where to vent to! but that will give you a legitimate excuse to lose the spare wheel!

Sudesh
28-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I got rid of the spare today but was thinking if putting in a MESH type undertray so its still vented but protected from any road debris.

TheSebringOne
28-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I think the rear silencer has some part to play aerodynamically too! Theres even hard flexible fins at the bottom of the front and rear undertrays to guide air, a bit like gurney flaps but underneath!