PDA

View Full Version : Petrol release cable broken

FRM70
26-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi, I have just gone to the petrol station as I'm on empty only to find I can't open the petrol
flap as the cable seems to have broken ! can anyone offer any advice on how it can be opened or is it a case of contacting Hondacare to get them to fix it under my warranty ?

Many thanks for any advice, Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all on NSXCB.

Kind Regards

FRM70

jaytip
26-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Mine is doing the same thing now and again albeit my cable hasn't snapped.Have someone outside your car to push in on the petrol flap as you pull the lever to see if it opens.Could be that it just needs adjusting.
HTH

Ivor.

FRM70
26-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks Ivor for your reply, I have managed to open it with a friend tinkering
with it as I pulled the lever, It seems to be catching slightly and not popping out as before,
I will have to have a play about to see if I can adjust it.

Thanks again

FRM70

mart155
26-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I had the same thing on mine a few weeks back and found the connections had worked themself loose.

Just pull the sill cover off by the release handle and check the cable hasn't popped out of the bracket.

dan the man
27-12-2007, 08:59 AM
thats funny, mine is doing same thing.

GF has to pull the lever while i push on the LH hand side of the cap, if im on my own its well hardwork..lol

Senninha
27-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Not sure about the later 02+ models, but the weak link is the plastic part that is home to the 'pin' that holds the cap shut.

Also, the 'spring' that pushes the flap open may need adjusting to help it push the flap once the lever is pulled.

If under warranty than get Honda to adjust correctly. If you do snap the cable then the best source for a replacement OEM part is Dirk.

HTH, Paul

AR
27-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Also, the 'spring' that pushes the flap open may need adjusting to help it push the flap once the lever is pulled.

I had this happen on 2 out of 3 cars, so I would say try that first.

Here is a trick if it is the spring, and it will save you face until you fix it. Pull the petrol cap opening lever, wedge some paper towel or ( insert object ) wedge it under the lever to keep it upright, exit the car and flip petrol door manually.

The spring is only a couple of pounds IIRC and the one from other Hondas might fit.

Cheers,

AR

Martin
27-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Mine malfunctioned, and it was the spring too - I would also say check the spring first..

DAVEMAT
28-12-2007, 06:50 AM
An old thread

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2428

dan the man
28-12-2007, 11:20 AM
group buy on the sprint then?

lol

AR
28-12-2007, 12:08 PM
That sounds like a good idea Dan.

dan the man
28-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Ill ask Dave at steels honda what he can do for us.