PDA

View Full Version : Optimistic pricing?!

Silver Surfer
25-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Saw this 'Jordan' Yellow 1996 3.0 NSX for sale.

It's well over price in my opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-Honda-NSX-low-mileage_W0QQitemZ180199118617QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18 206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This or the NSX-R?!

SS

Sudesh
25-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I was thinking the exact same when I seen that car!! I doubt at that price it will be for sale for quite some time.

I also never heard of a Jordan NSX!? Sound like someone just put the stickers on and made it up? Maybe I'm wromg?

TheSebringOne
25-12-2007, 11:24 PM
:eek: Did I read the asking price correctly, nearly 40K! (biggest rose tinted specs on the planet!) This or these alledged Jordan special(s) has been discussed before, not sure is was officially produced by Honda? Bit concerned it was made in 1996, but first official registration was Oct 1999? 40K, you could get a mint & very low mileage Type R NA1 or a late 04 NA2! I know which one I would have!

Sudesh
25-12-2007, 11:32 PM
:eek: Did I read the asking price correctly, nearly 40K! (biggest rose tinted specs on the planet!) This or these alledged Jordan special(s) has been discussed before, not sure is was officially produced by Honda? Bit concerned it was made in 1996, but first official registration was Oct 1999? 40K, you could get a mint & very low mileage Type R NA1 or a late 04 NA2! I know which one I would have!

I would not be concerned about it being made in 1996 and official reg in 1999. It just means the car is an import, first regitered in 1996 in Japan etc but official UK reg was in 1999. The price however is.............HEAVY!!!!

TheSebringOne
25-12-2007, 11:45 PM
These Jordan special(s) do exist and the only one I know of was being re-painted in yellow (yellow before) at Belfast Honda garage called McGarritys and was owned By Eddie Jordan himself who was friend of the family. It was having the whole front repainted after loads of stone chips about 3 years ago! They tried to sell it to me!

Sudesh
25-12-2007, 11:51 PM
These Jordan special(s) do exist and the only one I know of was being
re- painted in yellow at Belfast Honda garage called McGarritys and was owned By Eddie Jordan himself who was friend of the family. It was having the whole front repainted after loads of stone shipsa bout 3 years ago!

I know Harold McGarrity fairly well. Infact his Honda Dealership is about 100yards from my office!! They looked after all my previous NSX's and I've done a track event with them many years ago. I didnt realise there was a JORDAN special? I can ask Harold or Nigel [his son] about that car you mentioned to get some info. What was the difference in the Jordan cars?

TheSebringOne
26-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Not sure about whats special, all I know its should have alcantara, special wheels etc? The one for sale is an Auto tho? Are you on Boucher Rd? Harold's other son Phil tried to sell it me! I think their youngest brother raced at Le Mans in the alternative fuel catergory, cousin is a famous Rally Driver and Harold himself was a very good racing driver in his youth.

Sudesh
26-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Not sure about whats special, all I know its should have alcantara, special wheels etc? The one for sale is an Auto tho? Are you on Boucher Rd? Harold's other son Phil tried to sell it me! I think their youngest brother raced at Le Mans, cousin is a famous Rally Driver and Harold himself was a very good racing driver in his youth.

Harold gave up/Lost the Honda dealership on Boucher a few years back. He still has one in Campsie in Derry which is the one close to my office. I done a couple of track events with Harolds youger son KEVIN who was at the time a Formula 3 racing driver. Think he moved up the ranks from there. Harold was a great Pilot and always had an NSX right up till he was about 65/70. I still see him form time to time.

TheSebringOne
26-12-2007, 12:39 AM
I think the ex-Honda dealership now sells Range Rovers now, not sure if its still owned by the McGarritys family tho!? Was it not an official NSX dealer previously?

Sudesh
26-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I think the ex-Honda dealership now sells Range Rovers now, not sure if its still owned by the McGarritys family tho!? Was it not an official NSX dealer previously?

From what I know, The Belfast "Honda" dealership was taken over by Charles Hurst, a huge car dealership in N.I with brands such as Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Ranger Rover, Bentley, Maserati and alot more. The McGarrity's name/dealership in Belfast is now a "Kia" Dealership, they also have a used car dealership trading in all used car brands. They still have a Honda/Seat Dealership beside my office in Derry but there is a strong roumer going about that the McGarrity, Derry Honda/Seat branch, has been bought out by another big dealer firm called Donnelly & Taggart. McGarrity Honda is/was the only official NSX dealership. So I guess the official NSX dealership now is Charles Hurst in N.I.

NSXGB
26-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Saw the title of this thread and knew exactly what was in it... :)

Thought the same...

simonprelude
26-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I would strongly imagine this is P60NSX which is ex D8CJP which is not a special edition at all.

Rob_Fenn
26-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Really can't believe there was a Jordan edition, for me it's just a couple of stickers taken from a Civic Jordan - an actual special edition which was a VTI with EK9 Type R dress up bits.

http://www.moto-trader.co.uk/bikeimages/IMG_0191.jpg

mart155
26-12-2007, 07:27 PM
There was a similar discussion to this here http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3914

Ciaran
26-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Not that anyone here is in any doubt that this is anything other than a paint job and a sticker.. just for the record, in 1996 Jordan F1 was running the pathetically poor Peugeot V10 engine. In 1999 they were running the very good "Mugen" V10, and while all the bits may have come from Dad's factory across the road, it was never allowed to carry any official Honda branding... So I doubt our Eddie would have been endorsing anything back then other than something or someone who was going to pay some bills...

Silver Surfer
27-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Really can't believe there was a Jordan edition, for me it's just a couple of stickers taken from a Civic Jordan - an actual special edition which was a VTI with EK9 Type R dress up bits.

http://www.moto-trader.co.uk/bikeimages/IMG_0191.jpg
Some the same yellow Civic with Jordan sticker today parked down Shaftesbury Ave, London.
Took a night piccie and will post later.

SS