PDA

View Full Version : yellos dinged nsx

britlude
22-12-2007, 05:43 PM
there's a yellow nsx on ebay, rear corner damaged, and a mention of suspension damage too.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-Honda-NSX-3-0-manual-Yellow-DAMAGED_W0QQitemZ370008058721QQihZ024QQcategoryZ18 206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Strange as it's listed in gloucester, but my friend told me of a yellow one, rear 3/4 damage in Universal Salvage's yard, in Sandwich, Kent!!!

spooky coincidence, or someone going to be disappointed thinking they'll be going to Gloucester to get it!!!!

i won't mentiion the subtly being shoved around by a forklift!!!

dan the man
22-12-2007, 08:24 PM
hard to guess exactly from the pics but this could be a 3.2

as a 97 car AND the 3rd brake light strip matches the dark rear clusters. Not coloured in plastic like 3.0 cars which i think is not a good match as not glass then colour underneath etc..

poor car. over 10k to fix easy, chassis underneath is bent defo.

Senninha
24-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Sad to see again but that was Kevin's car that got punted into the armco on the M25 by a LHD lorry that lost him in the blindspot IIRC.

Kent salvage would therefore make more sense

I think its mid 70k miles on a 3.0 manual.

regards,

qureshia
28-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Thinking of creating a track day car and this looks like this could fit the bill ?

Anyone know more details about the damage ?

Is the said owner Kevin a poster here if so can you please pm me more details of the damage or the insurance assessors report if you got one ?

Guess it is only a valid project if it could be put back on the road (and in straight condition) for less than £6k – does this sound plausible

kind regards

simonprelude
28-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Don't know about put back on the road for that price, maybe put on track.
That way less bodywork would need doing.

Guess it is only a valid project if it could be put back on the road (and in straight condition) for less than £6k – does this sound plausible

kind regards

kevinpsw
28-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I haven't got a copy of the Chiswick Honda repair estimate as I deleted it. I do remember it being £28.5k incl VAT and I think about £20k was parts. A number of suspension parts and the boot lid could easily have been re-used, along with most of the exhaust system so I think the estimate was perhaps a little over the top. However, as we all know, new body parts for the NSX are outrageously expensive, for example I think the wings were over £1500 each (incl VAT). Therefore, without a donor car or other source of second hand panels, this car is still going to be very expensive to repair.

My best guess would be that a patient restorer, sourcing parts in the US as well as in the UK, could get the car back almost as good as it was for no more than £10k.

Anyone wanting the full details of the repair estimate should contact Stephen Armstrong at Chiswick Honda body shop who might retain an electronic copy.

britlude
28-12-2007, 02:45 PM
need something like this.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300155304854&rd=1

qureshia
29-12-2007, 02:10 PM
min £10k to fix plus lots of hassle - guess not worth it as a good car can be had for mid to late teens

Boomin33
31-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow.. this makes it interesting??

or are there still other serious issues involved??.. bent chassis?

I'd think that if it could be picked up for closer to £6K and then picking up the backend for £3K would just make it worthwhile as you'd get a 2nd engine out of it.?

Obviously it would catch the brunt of endless running jokes amongst this small, tight-knit, errr... dare I say talkative crowd and hence impossible to ever shift again in the UK.... so would have be cheap as chips?

need something like this.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300155304854&rd=1