PDA

View Full Version : Y1 to represent the NSX at Autosport International

WhyOne?
21-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I recieved the message, copied below, yesterday.

Now all I have to do is work out the logistics to do this!!!!! The car needs to be there on the Wednesday and then will sit in the exhibition hall until Sunday….leaving me in Birmingham for 5 nights with nowhere to live and no transport!! All sortable, I am sure, and certainly something to look forward to early in the New Year.

Anyone here planning to attend?

Dear PHer

Thanks for submitting your car to be shown at the Autosport International / PH Show at the NEC in January. After receiving almost 1,500 cars we have trawled through and created a shortlist of 150 we would like to see there, and your car is one of them.

Now, I’m sure you’ll have some questions that need answering, so please send an e mail to showyourcar@pistonheads.com- and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible with all the answers.

Some of the information you need is here:

Entry date and time for cars Wednesday 12.00-19.00

Exit date and time for cars Sunday 18.30- 21.00

Will I get a ticket? Driver will get a ticket valid for 3 days

Can I drop my car off on Wednesday and return to collect on Sunday, to save having to be there every day? Yes

Will I need to inform my insurance company? You will need to advise your insurance company

What do they do with my keys? They can hold onto them

Is there any overnight security in addition to the daytime cover? There is 24 hr security

How much fuel should be in my car? As little as possible, the NEC will not allow much over a 1/8 of a tank

Will I need to arrive with a clean car? It would be a good idea to have cleaned the car before leaving- but Zymol will detail all cars displayed

Can I get my car out in an emergency? Yes- but only in an emergency situation

We hope to have 75,000 people visiting the show, and we will ensure your car is displayed in the best possible position along with a spec sheet and your PH user name too.

I can’t express enough how much we appreciate your help, I realise that situations change and you may no longer be able to display your car- if this is the case, please advise us as soon as possible. Please send all reply e mails to showyourcar@pistonheads.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Best Regards

Garlick

Rob_Fenn
21-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I will be there, but unfortunately not the date of the PH day :(

Senninha
21-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Well Done Ian,

A very nice example to represent us all and another detailing into the bargain!

Is it worth asking if Matt has any NSX number plates / cards left over from Jamesfest?

Regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
21-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Congratulations and as Paul said, great car to represent us to the masses and car fans alike! :) Can't wait to see some pics IDC!

AR
21-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Congratulations, hope you have great time.

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
21-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I might make it for one of the trade days, not decided yet.

amo
03-01-2008, 06:46 PM
well just got off the phone with banazi and looks like ill be there as well in the main hall there some where
from thurs till sunday

if you there thurs see if i can find u

thx amo

QuietJim
10-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I was there today, didn't see an NSX at all in the show. There was a dark green one in the car park with no front number plate and I thought I'd seen all the cars inside at least once. But then the Pistonheads bit was closed today (bummer).

amo
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
ya was cleanin me car in the piston heads all day
should have got my number off here loads have it would have goten u in to have a pre looky looky lol

thx amo

BlueNSX
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Would like to catch up with any other NSX owners going to the Show

will be there on Saturday.

PM me so I can give you contact details

Blu

WhyOne?
11-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Work commitments have meant I had to bail out of this sadly. :(