PDA

View Full Version : Repatriate my NSX

Midnight Blue
18-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I work out in the Far East and have convinced a local owner to sell me his NSX. Nice condition, 33,000 miles Auto, Targa. Not sure about the auto gearbox in this kind of car but generally, I am very happy with it. It has a couple of the usual problems but thanks to the Tech Forum I should be able to get them sorted.

There is quite a number of NSX's there and I believe they were originally sourced from the UK and I would like to bring mine back to the UK eventually. I suspect that bringing it back and getting it registered will be a whole bunch less hassle if I can show it to be originally UK spec and supplied.

Is there any way I can check to see where it was originally supplied either from the VIN number or by contacting someone at Honda? The car may never have been registered in the UK but is RHD with a MPH speedometer.

Can anyone give me a lead on where to start please?

Cheers,

Andy

AR
18-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Does it have headlights washers?

Rear foglights?

Front foglights?

How long is the VIN number?

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
18-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Also try DVLA maybe? You could try Simonprelude here, hes good with these things about car registrations, origins and previous owners? HTH :) Where are you located in this global village?

Midnight Blue
18-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi,
The car is in Brunei and I am in the UK for Christmas with the family so I am unable to nip out to the garage and check the light configuration, but it does have headlamp washers and all the labels are in English. The VIN is 17 digits, JHMNA12800T******

Cheers,

Andy

simonprelude
18-12-2007, 05:07 PM
It does indeed sound like a UK car then.

If you contact DVLA Swansea they might be able to look up the VIN number for you and see if it is still UK registered, lets hope it's not a previously stolen car though :( (If you want to send me the full VIN then I can ask someone if it is registered with Honda UK)

Hi,
The car is in Brunei and I am in the UK for Christmas with the family so I am unable to nip out to the garage and check the light configuration, but it does have headlamp washers and all the labels are in English. The VIN is 17 digits, JHMNA12800T******

Cheers,

Andy

Midnight Blue
18-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks,

I will send the full VIN to you in a few days once I get back to the car.

Cheers,

Andy

nsx_vtec
21-12-2007, 01:35 AM
How many were stolen Simon?

AR
21-12-2007, 05:28 PM
How many were stolen Simon?

I know of two, Jaytip's and the 02 plus dreamermobile.

Cheers,

AR

Kevin
21-12-2007, 06:10 PM
There was also Steve Lindsay's black one, with Volk wheels, Brembos and other stuff.

Way before your time.:)

AR
21-12-2007, 08:29 PM
There was also Steve Lindsay's black one, with Volk wheels, Brembos and other stuff.

Way before your time.:)

Hey I am one of your oldest members! :)

simonprelude
11-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Well the car is still showing as UK registered and hopefully has no problems on HPI, just waiting to hear.

Midnight Blue
12-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I wonder what the DVLC will make of it when this car arrives back in the UK?

Cheers,

Andy

simonprelude
12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Hopefully they will tell you they didn't even know it left the shores and that the last tax ran out before the SORN ruling came into force.

I wonder what the DVLC will make of it when this car arrives back in the UK?

Cheers,

Andy