PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe this !! TopGear Crew in Afghan.

mutley
15-12-2007, 02:21 PM
HI all, just another report form the sandy hell hole (I'm now up somewhere in Sangin, Helmand). Today we got a shock. An visit from the top gear crew, Bollocks I hear you say? Well Jeremy, James and Richard were here for an hour in a studio type Q & A session and it was pretty damn funny. I will see if I can get my hands on some pics.

Anyway just thought I'd let you all know.

If I don't get back on line for a while, Have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Jim

nigel
15-12-2007, 02:37 PM
That the dogs bollicks, they were there to add a little nonsense to a great big nonsense. Did you get to sound off in any way? Silly buggers as the are, they do make us laugh and hopefully that's what they did for the lads. Do you supose they taped their visit so maybe we'll get to see it later on?
Keep safe, we do think of you and wish the best.
All the best.

Cheers
nigel

mutley
15-12-2007, 02:54 PM
HI Nigel,

Na unfortuately not, Jeremy did announce that they intended to film in in the begining, but for whatever reasons they didn't, but I guess that may be because they probably wouldn't be able to show any off it !! I am sure you can imagine that some of the things they were all coming out with, swearing and being VERY non-PC, the time they spent would have been cut to about 2 mins worth of telly. But on a plus side, they did make us all laugh, I was tempted to have a dig at Jeremy for his poor performance with the NSX on Laguna Seca, but he was too busy taking the piss out of the few amewrican forces guys that tagged along for the show. AND no they still wouldn't say who the Stig is (and he wasn't here either) but apparently Lewis hamiltons lap time in the car was unfeasibly good and in the wet!.

Jim

TheSebringOne
15-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Great to know your'e well and ok Jim! Great stuff that the TG boys cheer up our lads/gals out there! If we don't hear from ya soon. Happy Xmas and have safe New Year, hopefully see you in 2008 soon. :)

AR
15-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Take care mate and have a safe Christmas and New Year.

nigel
15-12-2007, 10:02 PM
James, yes, Lewis did well. In fact he posted the second fasted time ever I believe, he was in the wet none the less, in a reasonably priced car. Glad Jeremy was taking the piss out of someone. I think I like them so much because they aren't P/C at all. I have to live over here with the California correctness that started it all and put an end to two stroke motorbikes. BOLLICKS!
I know you can't say much but I noticed to whom you were attached to at home, i've been involved with helicopters and fliying for the last 24 yrs. Maybe something in common, aviation and NSXs
Take care. All the best.

Cheers
nigel

dan the man
15-12-2007, 11:11 PM
good story. best wishes pal!