PDA

View Full Version : Window Regulator 'Thingy's'?

NSXGB
15-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I bought some of these just in case, but when I stripped the door down I found I have the improved Honda design <1993.

I can't see the need to fit them, there were no failures on the improved design were there?

forumadmin
15-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I think I recall there have been. If you've got to the point of being in there, you might as well fit them.

nigel
15-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Since you already have the doors broken down the hard part is over and you now see it's not that hard. There is a great diy on Prime with pictures and descricptions. Just follow that and your never going to have to worry. Do follow the one that has you the wide sticky tape to hold the window. I just put tension on one cable with the window motor and used a pair of duck bill pliers to hold and not bodge the slack cable as I removed it and put them into the new thingie. Don't try and use the slip joint pliers with the groove cut in them. The duck bills are a piece of piss. You WILL have to destroy the old thingie to remove it. Go ahead, its the only way, as you have new ones to install anyway.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
15-12-2007, 03:53 PM
I've put the doors all back together, because I saw it was the later design. Just thought I'd ask the question before I sold them. I'm sort of thinking that they have lasted 14 years they should be ok but I'd kick myself if they did for the sake of £20....(or was it 80 Euros :)).

nigel
15-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Or maybe $40 dollars?

The problem is it takes awhile for them to c#*k up. If you have them, go ahead and install them and be sure. You saw what a piece of piss it is so just do it for the piece of mind.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
15-12-2007, 04:50 PM
....out of interest Nigel, where abouts in SW Florida are you from?

nigel
15-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Ft. Myers / Ft. Myers Beach. As we speak i'm in s/w Georgia taking care of a helicopter here.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
15-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Small world! Been there many times, my mate has a place in Ft Myers. I got married earlier this year at the Sanibel Harbour Resort. Very nice!

nigel
15-12-2007, 09:45 PM
So you hang out with the posh people. You know the Sanibel bridge and toll booth are completed now so the traffic isn't so bollicksed up out there. We pretty much pay the overhead costs at the Beached Whale and the Tiki-Hut by the bottom of the bridge on FMB. There are several other pubs we support as well. Myself and a friend both have 92' GPWs. His has C/T S/C and all the supporting bells and whistles. He is the best. A great lad and knows his stuff about the NSX. A past pro racer and national champion. There're two more NSXs in town but they don't come out to play.
When your coming you must give a heads up so we can enjoy a few pints, (gals) together.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
16-12-2007, 02:09 PM
....they took their time with that bridge...didn't go to the places you mentioned, but did frequent Parrot Key a lot for food and beer. Saw one red/black NSX in there one day at a car show and another (maybe the same) in Fort Myers.
Will be in El Jobean next June...would definitely be good to have a ride in a CTSC beast.....

nigel
16-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Instead of turning left at the base of the bridge onto Main street to Parrot Cay, carry on over the bridge and after the left curve at the bottom by Norms surf shop, about 1/4 mi. on the left, before the Lani-Kai, is the Whale. Sit outside, upstairs, overlook the Gulf across the street. I have some long time friends that live just past and we park there so the cars don't get dents and marks from the on lookers. We let the Corvettes, Porsches and SUV owners think the are cool, as not to bruise their egos. Always wanting to be P/C. HA!!!
The red one lives in town, I saw it over by the heliport at Page field one day cheching out my car. I drove it in to work and parked it inside the fence and as we were landing I saw it turning out of the car park. That one and a yellow one are the other two in town, they don't come out to play with us. I believe the yellow one lives in Cape Coral. We've heard there is a silver one down in Naples as well.
El jobean is only about 45 minutes away and as we have the cars maybe that would be a nice drive. You and your mates could come to FMB another day. If you've never been to El Jobean, the water is like the carribean, if you have, you already know. We'll get you that drive. He has two Legends also. One has a six speed manual. They have many JDM parts and are as detailed as his NSX. Mark is a great guy and his girlfriend is a hoot. She is from New York and has that accent. It's funny to just hear her talk.
Take care. All the best.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
16-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Nice one Nigel. Sounds good. Will have to sort something out.
Not stayed at El Jobean but been through there on the way to Boca Grande for a few fishing charters...