PDA

View Full Version : Breaking burnt 91'

nigel
10-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Lads, there's a Black 91' at e-bay for sale for 1 quid. I bid 2. It seems to have gone up for sale just today. Who knows what's up? It's obviously been on fire but the pictures are a bit far away. Do we know who it belongs to? Bad luck. It's looks like a LHD and i'm sure it's all bodged up! If possible i'd like to see some pictures and possibly get it or some parts, the transmission, eng, but i'm sure it's bollicksed up from the heat. There must some bits worth breaking down. It surely wouldn't be smart to ship to the states but who knows. Maybe share it with someone??

Cheers
nigel

Kevin
10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh NO!

It looks like Mags' old car. That was a black Acura with twin tail pipes.

Also see in the pic from the front, what looks like a bar running across the back window. That would be one my harness bars if it is.

TheQuietOne
10-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Oh NO!

It looks like Mags' old car. That was a black Acura with twin tail pipes.

Also see in the pic from the front, what looks like a bar running across the back window. That would be one my harness bars if it is.

She's been selling a few bits on eBay recently so would make sense if it was. Looks a mess in the listing...

Kevin
10-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Mags sold her car years ago. She did have a set of wheels left over that she had no use for.

Kevin
10-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Nigel, you realise the auction is probably not for the whole car, but for the sill plate?

nigel
10-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Good evening Kevin, nigel here. I didn' look where it's located but maybe you could help me find someone that could have a look. Usually when they burn there worth nout but there might be a few bits there.
I've heard of more than one catching fire from bad fuel injector o-rings as we take them for granted and don't change them with other routine bits like TB, W/P etc. Actually, Ray Laks Acura, sells a kit put toghther by Larry Bastanza from NSXPrime over here just for that reason.
Oh well, sorry for their loss.
Your probibly right about the S/N plate though.
All the best.

Cheers
nigel

TheQuietOne
10-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Mags sold her car years ago. She did have a set of wheels left over that she had no use for.

Ahh, there was a spare wheel going too! Just an odd coincidence then!

goldnsx
11-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I've heard of more than one catching fire from bad fuel injector o-rings as we take them for granted and don't change them with other routine bits like TB, W/P etc. Actually, Ray Laks Acura, sells a kit put toghther by Larry Bastanza from NSXPrime over here just for that reason.

After reading it on NSXPrime I did mine on my 91 a few weeks ago. They don't cost a fortune and the DIY is fairly simple. It's worth it! I also did the fuel lines around the engine (which are pricey!) and replaced all rubber parts (also FPR o-ring) and washers. 16 years are 1-6 years too much. The manual says the fuel lines have to be changed every 4 years together with the fuel filter. That's a bit early IMO but there are many, many older cars driving still with the old fuel lines and o-rings. :no:

Sorry for the bad luck with the NSX on fire. :(

Martin
12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
After reading it on NSXPrime I did mine on my 91 a few weeks ago. They don't cost a fortune and the DIY is fairly simple. It's worth it! I also did the fuel lines around the engine (which are pricey!) and replaced all rubber parts (also FPR o-ring) and washers. 16 years are 1-6 years too much. The manual says the fuel lines have to be changed every 4 years together with the fuel filter. That's a bit early IMO but there are many, many older cars driving still with the old fuel lines and o-rings. :no:

Sorry for the bad luck with the NSX on fire. :(

I thought the Fuel Injector O-Rings would not require replacement unless the injectors have been off?

Also, I thought fuel lines would be checked as part of the Honda dealership service?

Cheers
Martin

goldnsx
12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I thought the Fuel Injector O-Rings would not require replacement unless the injectors have been off?

The O-rings get flat and crisp over the years.

Also, I thought fuel lines would be checked as part of the Honda dealership service?

Theroretically yes. ;) The Honda dealership here around is good at charging double the price of what they did only halfway right. :no: I don't trust them anymore. Maybe it's better in the UK.