PDA

View Full Version : 4 Point Harness

fuzilov
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Just want to get some help ,am considering putting in 4 point harnesses as standard belt looks stupid and hard to do up in car,would like quality product which would be safe and look good...

dan the man
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Takira kata (spelling) seem to be very popular ffrom japan. but otherwise try demon tweaks online pal?

amo
09-12-2007, 12:50 PM
bought a set of 6 point sparco fitted looks sweet but only fitted the 4 points not all 6

think i paid 80 for both sets
ebay
thx amo

AR
09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Just want to get some help ,am considering putting in 4 point harnesses as standard belt looks stupid and hard to do up in car,would like quality product which would be safe and look good...

When I bough my NSX-R it came Sabelts attached to the seats mounting points, they looked OK but I would not trust them without a proper harness bar.

Harnesses are meant to be used with helmets and hans devices. In a crash without those devices the decceleration force will likely snap tyhe neck of the user.

The seatbelt arrangement in the NSX-R is perfect for the street as it has "give" and built in pretensioners in case of a crash.

Harnesses will also make it difficult to tune radio, ac, or even reach the glove box.

In short they have there uses, but unless you are tracking a lot, then is a bit of a waste.

With regards to your car only TAKATA will do. :)

fuzilov
09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks, will have to make a decision.

NSX 2000
09-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Fuzilov, I totally aggree with AR. There is a small device on the market which is called something like a "the G clamp" which might be worth a look.
Paul.

dan the man
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
CG LOCK actually.

ive had one over 4 years now. great bit of kit. locks the lapbelt down tight so your legs can float on the pedals instead of bracing your body from sliding forward.

google CGLOCK and it wil come up. DC2 DC5 AND NSX ive used mine and awsome. id never go the ring without it- or the road in fact!

Rob_Fenn
10-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I'd get a CG Lock. If you think it's hard to put on a normal seatbelt then you're going to struggle with harnesses!

Does the Type R have holes in the seats?

AR
10-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Does the Type R have holes in the seats?

Yes, except for vthe crotch area one.

Cheers,

AR

TURBO2GO
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Harnesses are meant to be used with helmets and hans devices. In a crash without those devices the decceleration force will likely snap tyhe neck of the user.

Help me understand how this is different than the regular seatbelt. I realize the harness is really tight, but wouldn't the factory seatbelt be just as tight in an accident?

AR
10-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Help me understand how this is different than the regular seatbelt. I realize the harness is really tight, but wouldn't the factory seatbelt be just as tight in an accident?

The OEM seatbelts have a nanosecond of give then the pretensioners kick in and tighten it up as soon as the sensors detect a crash.

I experienced this duiring a head on collision with a barrier on my first NSX. They pulled me in and a fraction of a second later the airbag exploded.

Cheers,

AR

fuzilov
11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks for input............

TURBO2GO
11-12-2007, 12:50 AM
The OEM seatbelts have a nanosecond of give then the pretensioners kick in and tighten it up as soon as the sensors detect a crash.

I experienced this duiring a head on collision with a barrier on my first NSX. They pulled me in and a fraction of a second later the airbag exploded.

Cheers,

AR

I hear what you are saying, I am on a thread in prime about this too. Wouldn't it seem like that nano second would not do anything but make things worse? If you are allowed to move forward then pulled in hard and so the crash happens, isn't that just as hard on your head/neck as a harness is? I am failing to see what forces the harness makes you experience that the factory seatbelt would not. It seems like it would be the same either way.

jaytip
11-12-2007, 02:40 AM

So what did people do before the Hans system was invented? They have only been around for a few years.

AR
11-12-2007, 05:11 AM
So what did people do before the Hans system was invented? They have only been around for a few years.

They wore different types of neck braces and many died during head on collisions.

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Interesting.I ask because i used to be quite a keen follower of F1 on tv and prior to the Hans system being used i can't recall them usung any neck bracing.I could of course be wrong.

gumball
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Interesting.I ask because i used to be quite a keen follower of F1 on tv and prior to the Hans system being used i can't recall them usung any neck bracing.I could of course be wrong.

Your right, they didn't wear neck braces before Hans, just a case of belt and braces:D
I don't see a harness being any more dangerous than a regular belt, plus the harness helps you feel what the car is doing better when pushing-on or at track days.

Big G Fish
11-12-2007, 10:56 PM
The harness literally pins you to the seat... so on impact all the 'give' from the normal sequence of energy transfer is transmitted to the one part of you that is not pinned... your head and neck. In many countries these are illegal without a full official roll bar (to avoid head-neck crush on a rollover). Check with your insurance company... it is a big change to the crash dynamics of your car so worth spending the money to make sure it is safe... oh and always use a helmet and Hans device... especially around crazy xmas season!!

Big G Fish
11-12-2007, 10:59 PM
I hear what you are saying, I am on a thread in prime about this too. Wouldn't it seem like that nano second would not do anything but make things worse? If you are allowed to move forward then pulled in hard and so the crash happens, isn't that just as hard on your head/neck as a harness is? I am failing to see what forces the harness makes you experience that the factory seatbelt would not. It seems like it would be the same either way.

...another simple solution is the CG-Lock... see latest threads... now a NSX discount price...