PDA

View Full Version : new member

TURBO2GO
08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Well my buddy (mate as you probably say around here) Wingz told me about this forum, so I signed up today and wanted to say hi to you guys. I am coming over from nsxprime (Boston), and own a silverstone/silver 2005 with a comptech supercharger, GT-One header and V5 exhaust, and various R parts. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys.

Silver Surfer
08-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Supercharger eh...!! Hmmmmmm

I think a couple of guys on the forum will be interested to know more.

Can you provide some stats and the cost etc for our interest?

Welcome again! :)

SS

Senninha
08-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi Dave,

I'm pleased you've come across to say Hi from Prime. IMO, Silverstone is great for the NSX but was only available on 2 or 3 of the last 12 cars registered here ..... maybe one day?

As SS says, a few guys here could be interested to know more on the SC upgrade if you cold post stats/details

regards, Paul

dan the man
09-12-2007, 12:16 PM
yo !.....(why cant u post small replys. sh1t!)

amo
09-12-2007, 12:56 PM
hi mate and welcome lol
what psi or boost you runnin pulley size??

thx amo

jaytip
09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the board mate.I would like to s/charge mine but i would be afraid of the residuals come resale time.

Senninha
10-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the board mate.I would like to s/charge mine but i would be afraid of the residuals come resale time.
Hi Ivor,

I thought that a SC was a reversible option - keep the OEM parts and restore come resale time??

Regards, Paul

jaytip
10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Paul,yeah i know it's reversible but the tight ba$tard in me would be crying at the thought of the expense for buying and installing and then un-installing again:cry:

TheSebringOne
10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Ivor, it depends on how badly you want more power!? If you are happy, stay OEM or if you can't get that extra power out of your head, then you have to reach into your deep pockets! :)

jaytip
10-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh i will be staying OEM for quite some time.My first child is due next month and everyone is telling me how expensive children can be.Plus i want to work less hours after the baby is born,and let's face it the NSX isn't exactly slow as standard:)

TURBO2GO
10-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys. The supercharger is the one made by Comptech, it is the autorotor unit that sits on top of the manifold, not a gear driven one like some of the others. I got in on a group buy done and it cost me $9K, it is a very complete and reliable kit and came with many Honda parts. Comptech is well known in the states, at one point they had Honda's approval and you could buy the products through new car dealers and have them installed while keeping your warranty. It is the only kit that passes all emmissions and smog tests and is 100% legal in all 50 states in the U.S. It has a very nice power band, it is not peaky at all so it does not change the way the NA engine feels. In fact on the dyno the power band looks identical in curve, its just MORE everywhere. It feels like someone transplanted a whiny NA V8 in the car. It pulls hard from 0-8K RPM's. I gained 113 HP on the same dyno with the supercharger and my GT-One manifold and exhaust. Totally different feel to the car. I have had zero issues with the system since installation. I get about 7PSI boost max, and my high on a dyno was 396 at the wheels. I think its closer to 375 or so, as some dynos read lower. The average is about 375. Air fuel ratios are rock solid across the band, erring a little on the rich side for better engine protection.

Attached is a picture.

My exhaust system is on this thread with video clips:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79512

Silver Surfer
10-12-2007, 08:16 PM
That's looks well cool.....Like the AS signature on your hatch.

9K eh........4500 squids for 113bhp = 40 squids per bhp........will need stronger brakes and suspension/shocks and grippier tyres.

It's all adding up :(

SS

Silver Surfer
10-12-2007, 08:30 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/medium/14678IMG_0496.JPG

For everybody's curiosity.

SS

TURBO2GO
10-12-2007, 09:46 PM
That's looks well cool.....Like the AS signature on your hatch.

9K eh........4500 squids for 113bhp = 40 squids per bhp........will need stronger brakes and suspension/shocks and grippier tyres.

It's all adding up :(

SS

I did some mild suspension upgrades, type R sway bars, R chassis bars, and a set of these boys that are very grippy. I also have about 150 pounds of weight reduction so far, but am going to be closer to 250 soon. I am looking at suspensions and possible ceramic disc brakes for next spring. No point in doing in now, it's bloody (notice my mastery of the British language here) cold here now.

nigel
10-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Ivor, my mate Mark here in Fl. has a C/T S/C on his GPW like mine. We both have Comp-Tech headers, I have Comp-tech exhaust w/cats, he has Taitec and test pipes. I have D/F intake pipe with K&N OEM filter. His is so much faster it's scarry. If you have the money, damn, it's worth it. The down side is C/T S/Cs are real hard to find unless they start making them again once they get back up and running this spring.
His name is, m3456y, on NSXPrime. Give him a p/m, he's always glad to give info and help. He's a great lad. There's also lots of pictures of his toys there at NSXPrime.

Cheers
nigel