PDA

View Full Version : On life support....

Kevin
05-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Well no, but just of the prep before another outing.

Do you think I have enough brake pads?

Silver Surfer
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Looking at the weather report, I'll think you'll need some wet tyres!! :D

SS

TheSebringOne
05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Maybe Monsoon tyres! So what are those track tyres you putting on R888? Are wheel with the track tyres Enkeis? I like the way your white Type R wheels & tyres have the little wooden box to house them in! Proud and eccentric !

Kevin
06-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Wow someone sounds confused.:)

The R888's are the track tyres. They are mounted on 5Zigen wheels.

Wooden box??!!! That is a custom mitre saw bench / tyre rack thankyou.

Maybe Monsoon tyres! So what are those track tyres you putting on R888? Are wheel with the track tyres Enkeis? I like the way your white Type R wheels & tyres have the little wooden box to house them in! Proud and eccentric !

Senninha
06-12-2007, 08:32 AM
I see you still have the low level roller stands in operation

Isnt it about time you made the raised blocks and took the strain off your back young man :)

When are next outon track Kevin?

regards, Paul

Kevin
06-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I see you still have the low level roller stands in operation

Isnt it about time you made the raised blocks and took the strain off your back young man :)

When are next outon track Kevin?

regards, Paul

This Saturday

TheSebringOne
06-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Sorry I meant to say posh work bench and tyre rack! :) I like the soothing green wood finishing too! :D

AR
07-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Very nice garage Kevin.

I had a quote for a garage door around that size recently and they wanted about £ 1K + Vat, does that sounds expensive???

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Very nice garage Kevin.

I had a quote for a garage door around that size recently and they wanted about £ 1K + Vat, does that sounds expensive???

Cheers,

AR
Is it an electric door Ary? If so then it is a good price.I paid £750 for mine all in.It's electric and brown plastic coated,but it's not as big as Kevs by any means( the door i mean;) )

AR
07-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Is it an electric door Ary? If so then it is a good price.I paid £750 for mine all in.It's electric and brown plastic coated,but it's not as big as Kevs by any means( the door i mean;) )

Is 4150 W x 2250H electrically operated, with remote £ 980 plus VAT and an extra 115 for Plastisol lath.

Does is still sound like a good deal?

Cheers,

Ary

Kevin
07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Mine came from a company over your way, Lakeside Security.

I can't remember how much it was, I can look it up if you really want to know. It's over 4.5m wide. I had to use the insulated material, as the high security version doesn't come in long enough lengths.

AR
07-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Kevin,

I am waiting for them to call me back. Did you have them install it. Was it pretty much straight forward?

Cheers,

AR

Kevin
07-12-2007, 12:20 PM
They installed it. I was a bit dubious at the two kids that turned up to do the work, but they were fine.

Cabling was all neatly done etc. You'll need to provide an electrical supply at the left side of the door, in the top corner.

There is no need to have anything structural above the opening. The roller unit is supported by the two guides that come down each side of the door. This was good as I have an rsj above the opening, so nothing could be attached to it.

AR
07-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks Kevin,

They are putting an estimate on the post for me at the moment. I have double steel doors for the garage, but roller doors will be more practical.

Cheers,

AR