PDA

View Full Version : long time :-)

senna786
05-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Well haven't been on the site for over 6 mnths, felt no need since I sold the 04plate NA2 I owned for 18 mnths - still look back and it does bring a smile to my face.....

However, I have been a Gallardo convert for the last few mnths..... awesome...... in another league.... I do still own a Honda - though it's an 2001 ITR UK DC2 model........ 3rd one i've owned since they came out, still love it to bits.....

Looking to change - went over to japan a few mnths back to try and source a NA2 NSX type R, but they are going for ridiculous money over there. I didn't realise how much they rate and adore the NSX over their. It's got a cult following!!!

Anyway, good to see the site has changed format - looks alot cleaner and easier to navigate.

So well done to the site administrators, etc....

Anyway, came across this and thought you'd like it....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/03/video-protect-your-car-from-door-dings-and-shovels/

simonprelude
05-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Any pictures of the Gallardo ??

Still seriously looking into owning a Bull soon :) (Not a Gallardo though)

simonprelude
05-12-2007, 04:07 PM
The inventor of the lilo on rope has not received a welcome appraisal on nsxprime due to the cost, however I can see the reason why someone would get one of these, however I just try and be careful, SWMBO doesn't part in the garage.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/03/video-protect-your-car-from-door-dings-and-shovels/

Martin
05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
However, I have been a Gallardo convert for the last few mnths..... awesome...... in another league.... I do still own a Honda - though it's an 2001 ITR UK DC2 model........ 3rd one i've owned since they came out, still love it to bits.....

Hello...and welcome back :-)

I would be interested to know your thoughts about the Gallardo. I have sometimes thought about buying a Lamborghini, but one thing that put me off the Gallardo in particular was Evo magazine's road test results, the Gallardo covering 100mph in 10.0, vs NSX in 10.9 - not a huge gap considering the Gallardo costs approx twice as much new, and also considering straight-line acceleration is the NSX weak-point....don't get me wrong I still think ALL Lambos are cool!

I just think your opinion, as an owner of one, and an ex-owner of the other, would be very valuable.

Cheers
Martin

TheSebringOne
05-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome back to the site! So are you considering selling the Lambo or the ITR for a NA2 Type R? I too would love to see some pics as I've always prefer a Lambo over the prancing horse! :)

Simon, an orange Diablo? Are you serious man! :eek:

Martin, think the 10.9 was an optimised NSX? If not then I will be chuffed with that! The other thing about the Gallardo is the 4WD, so around corners it will much quicker too, as for noise I assume its on par or slightly louder on the outside than our beloved NSX? :)

Martin
05-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Hello SebringOne

No, the nsx in question was stock, absolutely standard. That is the whole point of their publishing road test results for different makes/models.

Cheers,
Martin

jaytip
06-12-2007, 01:43 AM
I have to say i'm pretty dubious about those figures myself.That is the only UK mag i have read that quotes those figures.Every other mags are slower.A quick check in The Knowledge puts it way faster than an M3 CSL,which is more powerfull and lighter.
I have just come back into NSX ownership after part ex'ing an RS4 and i believe (IMHO) that i have taken a slight step back in terms of outright performance,and the RS4 can't crack 0-100 in 10.8 seconds.And before anyone mentions weight,compere the BHP/ton 196 for the NSX V 236 for the Audi.Even a DB9 is only 10.7 and thats sporting a 450 BHP v12 with 254 BHP/ton,so how could Honda achieve those figures:dunno:

dan the man
06-12-2007, 07:33 AM
gearing, power spread, and over weight and power anf torque it seems.

the integras are the same, many a car has more power to weight but they keep up with them no worries.

Take the new civic, 60 in under 6 seconds. How can that work but it does.

AR
06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Also driver weight and shifting speed. For was is worth my Amazons have way more torque, and one can feel it as one takes off, yet the NSX is faster.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
I have to say i'm pretty dubious about those figures myself.That is the only UK mag i have read that quotes those figures.Every other mags are slower.A quick check in The Knowledge puts it way faster than an M3 CSL,which is more powerfull and lighter.
I have just come back into NSX ownership after part ex'ing an RS4 and i believe (IMHO) that i have taken a slight step back in terms of outright performance,and the RS4 can't crack 0-100 in 10.8 seconds.And before anyone mentions weight,compere the BHP/ton 196 for the NSX V 236 for the Audi.Even a DB9 is only 10.7 and thats sporting a 450 BHP v12 with 254 BHP/ton,so how could Honda achieve those figures:dunno:

I have a mate with a new RS4 (chipped), and there is nothing between that and my lowly 3.0. I put it down to weight but your figures suggest otherwise...

simonprelude
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Nope I have permission to look at something else, probably Green :)

Simon, an orange Diablo? Are you serious man! :eek:

NoelWatson
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM

That Autocar 2002 NSX did 171 at Millbrook which equates to almost 180 on the flat. Considering the glacial pace mine was accelerating at in 6th at 161 mph, I don't think there is any way that I would get to 175 let alone 180. My car had 285 on the rolling road recently, so I'm guessing the 2002 car had at least 320

jaytip
06-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Also driver weight and shifting speed. For was is worth my Amazons have way more torque, and one can feel it as one takes off, yet the NSX is faster.

Cheers,

AR
Ary unless you are talking about a Cayenne turbo or a Merc ML AMG,then you really can't compere a 4X4 with a sports cars performance.Your Amazon isn't built for speed as the two 4X4's mentioned above are and as such can't be compered to the NSX.

jaytip
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, a quick update regarding "accurate" performance figures.I have just looked at the most recent bold figures in Evo(which means they are independently recorded,not manufacturers claims) for the E46 M3 and they read;0-60 in 5.1 and 0-100 in 12.3 seconds,and the figures for the same car in Autocar(which they claim to independently test) are;0-60 in 4.8 and 0-100 in 11.5 seconds.
So draw from that your own conclusions:dunno:Who is right and who is wrong?
Oh yes,and the weight quoted for the NSX in Autocar is 1320 KG,so what model would that be then?

Martin
06-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, a quick update regarding "accurate" performance figures.I have just looked at the most recent bold figures in Evo(which means they are independently recorded,not manufacturers claims) for the E46 M3 and they read;0-60 in 5.1 and 0-100 in 12.3 seconds,and the figures for the same car in Autocar(which they claim to independently test) are;0-60 in 4.8 and 0-100 in 11.5 seconds.
So draw from that your own conclusions:dunno:Who is right and who is wrong?
Oh yes,and the weight quoted for the NSX in Autocar is 1320 KG,so what model would that be then?

The conclusion I would draw is easy. If in one test the M3 does 11.5, and in another it does 12.3, I would take the lower figure, because someone has actually achieved 11.5.

Cheers
Martin

NSXGB
06-12-2007, 03:38 PM
....different drivers, weather, tarmac, tyres, pressures, could be a heap of reasons why there is such a wide band of results....

jaytip
06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
The conclusion I would draw is easy. If in one test the M3 does 11.5, and in another it does 12.3, I would take the lower figure, because someone has actually achieved 11.5.

Cheers
Martin
But over the years there have been loads of press cars that have been fettled with to get better performance.Remember the 150mph E-type released to the press? none of the production cars could achieve that.
All i'm saying is don't necessarily discount that a tested press car is not standard.

dan the man
06-12-2007, 09:27 PM
yup all horses for courses, different milage..between 10k and 100k as we all know can mean different performance.

pinch of salt, all near enough in the real world when all gunning it down a slip road etc !

TheSebringOne
06-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Another Lambo thats not a Diablo!? Lime green the colour? Sounds exciting Simon! I love to know what you're testing, but no doubt you will not be telling us! :(