PDA

View Full Version : running costs NSX vs GTO TT

Unregistered
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi all just a quick query from a prospective NSX buyer, im looking at getting a 92 NSX having owned a mitsubishi GTO twin turbo (92) for the past 2 years, my question is to anyone who maybe has owned both or knows the anwser are the running costs similar? i mean i know the nsx is 15k more to buy but for parts/fuel/servicing/tyres/MOT etc etc.
The reason being i can afford to run the GTO but its very tight cash wise should i be ok running an NSX?
craig
ps also to anyone who has owned both should i be sutably impressed from the performance and handling difference from what im used to in the GTO?

TheQuietOne
06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I'd imagine the NSX would cost more to keep in OEM condition - there are few cheap parts when they go wrong. Having said that I'm £15 down in 2 years and 5 months on my 2000, plus routine services (£140 for small, and £450 for big).

If you buy one on a budget be prepared to live with little niggles. I would suspect the performance to be in a different league to the Mistubishi however - the NSX should feel a lot tighter...

Just my £0.02!

AR
06-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi all just a quick query from a prospective NSX buyer, im looking at getting a 92 NSX having owned a mitsubishi GTO twin turbo (92) for the past 2 years, my question is to anyone who maybe has owned both or knows the anwser are the running costs similar? i mean i know the nsx is 15k more to buy but for parts/fuel/servicing/tyres/MOT etc etc.
The reason being i can afford to run the GTO but its very tight cash wise should i be ok running an NSX?
craig
ps also to anyone who has owned both should i be sutably impressed from the performance and handling difference from what im used to in the GTO?

On the off chance, is your name Steve?

Cheers,

AR

AR
06-12-2007, 10:34 AM
I'd imagine the NSX would cost more to keep in OEM condition

Actually it could go either way, meaning that the NSX can be as expensive to maintain as you want it to be.

Cheers,

AR

TheQuietOne
06-12-2007, 11:42 AM
craig

On the off chance, is your name Steve?

Cheers,

AR

I'd guess not...:)

TheQuietOne
06-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Actually it could go either way, meaning that the NSX can be as expensive to maintain as you want it to be.

Cheers,

AR

To some degree, but it can't be as cheap as you'd want it to be either, even buying from the states big OEM part are expensive compared to your average Japanese car...

AR
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd guess not...:)

Well people do use pen names!

Papalazarou
06-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Well people do use pen names!

My real name's Dave.

AR
06-12-2007, 01:02 PM
My real name's Dave.

So why do they call you Rodney???

Senninha
06-12-2007, 02:15 PM
My real name's Dave.

Hows the broom, still original? :laugh:

dan the man
06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
x must be better onm fuel surely?

AR
08-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Hows the broom, still original? :laugh:

My NSX is like trigger's broom. :)

Unregistered
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Not sure what you get fuel wise on an nsx but my GTO (which is standard) gets about 19 mpg as an average depends how heavy your foot is, if you floor it you and watch the fuel gauge you can see it moving..........
craig

TheSebringOne
08-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Think with average road driving, NSX gets 22-25 mpg, motorways late 20s? If you drive briskly like I do, think the NSX can only manage 16! :eek: