PDA

View Full Version : Looking to purchase NSX-T

buyerNSX-T
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase early next year (january-february) NSX-T with manual transmission

I am open to any offer but ideally I would like to find one for 20-25K in excellent mechanical condition but to justify a lower price I am willing to consider an average/poor condition body and interior

For obvious reasons I am not comfortable going in the "open" market and would feel a lot more safe dealing with one of the members and having the possibility to get feedback from all of you

I am grateful for your assistance

Regards, Frank Decan

P.S Feel free to contact me directly to discuss any possibility

jaytip
03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
While a good mechanical history is essential,so is a body in pretty good condition.Remember these cars are made from aluminium and cost a fortune for replacement body parts.

AR
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
to justify a lower price I am willing to consider an average/poor condition body and interior

Mate I think that you are going about this the wrong way. A guy today was saying that one could get an NSX for £ 12K. I told him to put the crack pipe down! A cheap NSX will be, an import, auto, probably crashed and fixed and with spotty service history. You will need £££ to put it right. May as well get a good one.

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
03-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Are you looking for the earlier 3.0 engine or the later 3.2? With that budget it will be an 3.0 litre, plus its always harder to find a Targa with Manual box as some tend to be Autos combo. This might be a good time to try and get a Targa as its Winter, then Spring, so market for one maybe is quieter, but conversly any NSX is rare and one in Targe/manual combo is rarer. Good luck in your search and any member here would be happy to offer advise on any potential cars out there. :)

Silver Surfer
03-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Here's one advertised on Pistonheads slightly above your price but I'm sure you can talk the seller down abit if you are serious.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/278943.htm

SS

buyerNSX-T
04-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Thank you for the info.... This would be an ideal car but unfortunately I will not be ready to purchase for at least a month+

Definitely I would not be interested by an automatic and really would much more prefer the Targa top

I am curious if the car body is 100% aluminum has anybody sand the paint down and kept it with a brushed or polish aluminum look...?

I would be interested to see as many different paint schemes done with an NSX to enhance the sporty look

Thank you for your assistance

Regards, Frank

TheQuietOne
04-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I am curious if the car body is 100% aluminum has anybody sand the paint down and kept it with a brushed or polish aluminum look...?

The bumpers are plastic!! :D

Senninha
04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Thank you for the info.... This would be an ideal car but unfortunately I will not be ready to purchase for at least a month+

Regards, Frank
I'd say its a safe bet that if you struck a deal that this car could be held for a month to allow your finances to be in place. As it appears to have a history from Chiswick it could be a wise move to contact the service team for their view of the car.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Bumpers aside, I hope your'e only kidding about sanding down the paint to get that brushed alu Car Show look!? :eek::no: I know its a thought, but to me thats a no no!

Papalazarou
05-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Bumpers aside, I hope your'e only kidding about sanding down the paint to get that brushed alu Car Show look!? :eek::no: I know its a thought, but to me thats a no no!

I thought yours was brushed aluminium?;-)

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
05-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Papa, if my eyes have been deceiving me, I thought the car was in Sebring Silver, must check now as no sure! :D

Nick Graves
08-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Frank,

I get the feeling you really need to do some research, before buying a £25K old banger supercar.