PDA

View Full Version : Check your tyre pressures!

AR
02-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I check my tyres about once a week, and always before a lond drive.

Check this link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97509

Cheers,

AR

dan the man
02-12-2007, 01:59 PM
scary link. All so easy to just hop in and not bother in this horrid weather. I wentr to traford centre last night and must admit, the tire pressures were on my mind.

Senninha
02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
As a biker I use the POWER process before trips, long or short. I'd guess that daily drivers are on the ball anyway ...

P - Petrol, have you enough for the journey
O - Oil - have you checked the levels - 2 mins here could save you £££
W - Water, all levels incuding washers!
E - Electrics - are all lights, indicators, guages all ok
R - running gear - visual check to wheels, tyres, brakes, fluid level plus physical check of tyre pressures.

This process has worked well for the bike and has been good for the NSX.

Ref the tyres as per original post .... if you want to know the importance of correctly infalted tyres, over or underinflate a couple of your tyres, find a big open space and hit the brakes hard from 40+ mph ... Oh yes, hold on as the car will not react as you expect!

I do > 60k miles a year and spot under-inflated tyres every day! I also do my best to notify them then keep well clear.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
02-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I regulary check my tyres/pressures as had bad experienced with a tyre blow out at 80 mph when I was 20 years old, scary as RWD and caused me to swerve from fast lane to slow lane, where I hit a van! :(

That GY F1 GSD3 was on its TWA across the whole width of the tyre, so was due a change and was more suspectable to tyre deflammation or problems!

DTM , I was a Trafford Centre last night from 5 to 8 pm too!, was in the 3.0 GTV as NSX has a leaky Rad cap I think as still not had chance to check!