PDA

View Full Version : You don't see one for ages, then......

trackdemon
15-02-2005, 01:33 PM
...you see 2!

Spotted a very nice late model silver NSX in Salisbury on Sunday, and then a 94> metallic green on Monday morning nr Canary wharf. I was in a yellow Gallardo so I'd like to think you'd have noticed me! :D :shock:

jaytip
17-02-2005, 06:16 AM
was it your Gallardo?

trackdemon
17-02-2005, 10:40 AM
'fraid not - had it on 4 day hire over the weekend. Its stunningly fast and handles beautifully but the NSX:

Sounds better
Has a better driving position
Is as well built
Has better steering

Not bad for a 15 year old motor! :D

swlabhot
17-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Sounds better

You kidding me?!?! The Gallardo sounds like a monster!! V6 vs what V8/V12? No comparison! You can hear/feel that beast coming from a mile away! :shock:

trackdemon
17-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Sounds better

You kidding me?!?! The Gallardo sounds like a monster!! V6 vs what V8/V12? No comparison! You can hear/feel that beast coming from a mile away! :shock:

Murcielago yes, Gallardo no. The Gallardo has a V10 engine - it DOES sound good, but the NSX DOES sound better: more exotic, more cultured

swlabhot
17-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Trackdemon, is that oem exhaust vs oem exhaust?

Personally I find the oem exhaust on the NSX quite off-putting when VTEC is not on-song. It certainly doesn't sound like an exotic idling or in low revs. Sounds more like a sewing machine.. I think this would def be my first upgrade on the car but not sure which one to go for as there aren't many X here with aftermarket exhaust that I can sample before I buy. Thinking about the Taitec lightweight tho.

jaytip
17-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Trackdemon, is that oem exhaust vs oem exhaust?

Personally I find the oem exhaust on the NSX quite off-putting when VTEC is not on-song. It certainly doesn't sound like an exotic idling or in low revs. Sounds more like a sewing machine.. I think this would def be my first upgrade on the car but not sure which one to go for as there aren't many X here with aftermarket exhaust that I can sample before I buy. Thinking about the Taitec lightweight tho.

i think that's the beauty of the NSX. its sedate when you want it to be,but then when you floor the throttle it comes alive and sounds awsome.

DamianW
17-02-2005, 04:46 PM
i think that's the beauty of the NSX. its sedate when you want it to be,but then when you floor the throttle it comes alive and sounds awsome.

Absolutely agree. The great thing about the NSX is that when you don't want to play it will get you to your destination in peace & comfort. IMO anyway!

Problem Child
05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I cant wait to get my NSX (sometime next week once all the reigistration change documentation is complete etc) and one of the first things I want to do is drive it through a tunnel to hear the sound it makes. Guess what......I work at Heathrow so will be taking it through the main bore tunnel into Heathrow as soon as possible. The tunnel also closes to the public overnight so I moght try and pull a nightshift too so I can maybe get the tunnel to myself!!!!!

markc
05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
A standard NSX (exhaust) is not a great tunnel car. The fabulous sound is primarily induction sourced and directed at the cars occupants rather than the rest of the world.

I work in Egham (nr Heathrow airport) so will keep my eyes peeled for a new NSX in my vacinity :)

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
05-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Gents,

Steve orginally posted this in 2005, so not sure if clubGT were around back then ... he's also based in South East ...

And as to addresing the sounds ... I've owned what was swlabhot's NSX for the past 5 yrs and it sounds just fine with the H&S system, and very unique amongst the other usual suspects

regards, Paul

Hello Trackdemon. We have not corresponded before but I now own the ex-Lankstarr 3.2 pop-up. Might your Gallardo have been hired from Club GT www.clubgt.co.uk (http://www.clubgt.co.uk) ? I was due to take their 911 Turbo for a few days starting tomorrow but then the snow came..................Their NSX was the first one I drove.

:)

Richard B Jones
06-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Gents,

Steve orginally posted this in 2005, so not sure if clubGT were around back then ... he's also based in South East ...

And as to addresing the sounds ... I've owned what was swlabhot's NSX for the past 5 yrs and it sounds just fine with the H&S system, and very unique amongst the other usual suspects

regards, Paul

Oops apologies !! rbj

candyman
14-02-2012, 05:19 PM
The nsx reminds me of what Jerry Hall said women should be, a great cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom.

Problem Child
14-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Your NSX can cook? What model is that?

Senninha
14-02-2012, 08:13 PM
So Geoff,

When does this one 1998 NSX T 3.2 Manual all red match the rest of the family ... are you off here on your way home ?? http://www.colourmycar.net/go/case-studies/lamborghini-murcielago-wrapped-in-satin-black-vinyl-case-study.html

black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt
black 2006 Lexus RX400h

NSX.........only 3 more sleeps to go!
Any chance you might be a tad excited??

regards, Paul

AR
14-02-2012, 08:22 PM
The nsx reminds me of what Jerry Hall said women should be, a great cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom.

Lol and only a woman gets away saying that!

Problem Child
14-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I originally started out looking for black with a tan interior but no-one was selling. So took the (sensible) decision to buy a good one rather than wait for a good black one (could have waited a long time). Wasn't really a fan of red cars until I saw my NSX!!!!

With it being red my missus wont mistake it for her Astra VXR.......which is black!

NSX100
15-02-2012, 09:30 AM
So, Geoff, what is the story on this car of yours? NA2 pop-up targas are like hens' teeth - rarer in fact. I have only seen 4 advertised in the past 5 years and I bought by far the best one of those. As for another red one!! I never saw yours advertised.

Mine is currently bedded down near Aberdeen but I will be bringing it south to Paris later in the spring - we will have to introduce them to each other.

David

Problem Child
15-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Think I have just been lucky.

I have been looking for an NSX for a few months now and advertised on the NSXCB site, and the current owner contacted me.

Car is currently in Oswestry and I went to see it a few weeks ago. Took along an NSX owner (from the club) and we went over it together. I also used one of the crib sheets on "Prime" and did the HPI/ insurance checks and it all came back clean. Chassis number/ reg and VIN number all tie up.

2 owners from new and paperwork/ engine/ bodywork and interior all looked in order so bought it. Never realised it was such a rare version...just lucky!

Picking it up on Friday..............cant come quickly enough!

NSX100
17-02-2012, 11:01 AM
There has been a lot of discussion on here about the number of NSXs registered in the UK and there is a member's register which accounts for about half of those sold. By my reckoning there were 63 NA2 pop ups sold in the UK but no breakdown of targas to coupes (excluding JDM imports). Given the standard sales ratio I would expect a dozen at the most. I know of only 2 red ones - yours and mine so, yes, very rare indeed. I am very open to being corrected on these data!

David

Papalazarou
17-02-2012, 02:06 PM
There has been a lot of discussion on here about the number of NSXs registered in the UK and there is a member's register which accounts for about half of those sold. By my reckoning there were 63 NA2 pop ups sold in the UK but no breakdown of targas to coupes (excluding JDM imports). Given the standard sales ratio I would expect a dozen at the most. I know of only 2 red ones - yours and mine so, yes, very rare indeed. I am very open to being corrected on these data!

David

From memory and provided I'm not counting the same cars twice. With regard to NA2 targas,
I can think of;

three red pop ups
One red facelift
One silver pop up
Two orange pop ups
One LBB facelift
One black facelift
One orange facelift
One silverstone facelift
One silver facelift
One magnum pearl

Some of these may be abroad now and some may have been crashed. The yellow facelift for example. I Wish I knew where the LBB facelift was:(

Cheers,

James.

Hagasan
17-02-2012, 02:16 PM
From memory and provided I'm not counting the same cars twice. With regard to NA2 targas,
I can think of;

three red pop ups
One red facelift
One silver pop up
Two orange pop ups
One LBB facelift
One black facelift
One orange facelift
One silverstone facelift
One silver facelift
One magnum pearl

Some of these may be abroad now and some may have been crashed. The yellow facelift for example. I Wish I knew where the LBB facelift was:(

Cheers,

James.

I by no means know of lots of Targas (they are rare you know) but aren't there two Magnums? One being Paul's and the other Paul's too!! Senninha's and Crazymixedupkid's? Or is CMUK's a coupe?

Papalazarou
17-02-2012, 05:14 PM
You could be right. Additionally there always seem to be cars we don't know about. When I was looking for my current car, I was offered an IOP pop-up targa and a very low mileage pop-up targa in silver. Neither were NSXCB members.

Cheers,

James.

Problem Child
17-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Add S366 HCG to the members register

1998, Red 3.2 manual Targa NA2 with pop ups

I dont think its previously known to the NSXCB

Senninha
17-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I by no means know of lots of Targas (they are rare you know) but aren't there two Magnums? One being Paul's and the other Paul's too!! Senninha's and Crazymixedupkid's? Or is CMUK's a coupe?

Correct, mine has black interior, Paul's has red ... Both with mild mods

James, I think there are 2 NIOP, Rob's 03 plus the 05 Honda owned car

Papalazarou
17-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Correct, mine has black interior, Paul's has red ... Both with mild mods

James, I think there are 2 NIOP, Rob's 03 plus the 05 Honda owned car

You're right Paul. There's also an IOP targa owned by a guy who works for Honda.

Cheers,

James.

Hagasan
17-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Has anyone ever heard any more from the guy who worked at McLaren and was restoring & retrimming his car?