PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone

Kevin
30-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Can't remember if I posted this before. I gave the M3 a head start in the beginning.

Just pootling round really.

Click me (http://www.isaie.co.uk/Silverstone_21_08_07_small.wmv)

DamianW
30-11-2007, 09:32 AM
That M3 didn't have much of a clue on racing lines.

One of my best trackdays was Silverstone - had a friend, whose a bit of a racer, passenger with me giving me tips all day. He had me riding the kerbs a lot more than I would normally and that gave me a lot of extra speed. We were only in a standard Elise but I reckon by the end of it we were one of the quicker things on the circuit.

markc
30-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Bit harsh Damian, the M3's lines looked pretty good until Kevin got close.

I reckon he glanced in the rear view mirror saw the sinister black NSX homing in, at which point he'd missed his braking point into Becketts which caused him to miss ALL the apexes in the series and therefore be obliged to get out of the way down Hanger straight :)

Those damn Elise/Exige's are quick on circuit aren't they. I was at Silverstone last year and an off White Series II Exige was about the quickest thing out there! It may well have been a supercharged one but I'm sure I'd have had him if I had similar super sticky tyres ;)

Cheers

Mark

DamianW
30-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Bit harsh Damian, the M3's lines looked pretty good until Kevin got close.

Fair enough, I was probably commenting based on the bit where Kevin got close...

gumball
30-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I noticed you had a slight "moment" through copse, think it coincided with that pair of GT3s closing in;).
Nice vid, i've only done one of the short versions there, love to have a go through Beckets.