PDA

View Full Version : BP Ultimate 102

amar_fiaz
22-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give some feedback on my thoughts on BP Ultimate 102. A BP garage on the A406 between beckton and canning town, near where I live has been selling the stuff for a while. I finally decided to take the plunge and give it a go. I waited until the fuel indicator came up and popped over the garage and got myself £10 worth on Sunday (hardly made any difference to the fuel level indicator) at £2.40/litre. BTW, the garage people are pretty cautious about selling the stuff, you need to go over to the counter, ask for them to come out and unlock the pump. They stand by while you fill up then walk you back to the counter so that you can pay (and they won't sell the stuff after 9pm - some kind of water-shed, i suppose!!)

My impression almost immediately was that the response, gear change and acceleration were all significantly improved. Now, i'm not saying that a certain amount of psychology came into play (i.e. wanting all these improvements to justify the price of the fuel, albeit only £10's worth). But i'm convinced this stuff really does work!

Would i fill up the tank with it?? I'd have to say no, its just far too expensive to justify. But the few miles i drove (up and down the A406, canary wharf and wanstead) have been some of the most enjoyable since owning my NSX.

Anyone else tried the stuff?? Anyway, filled up with the "cheap" sainsbury's own brand 95 RON last night. The drive back home wasn't nearly as much fun and i got overtaken by a new 6 series BMW, wasn't in the mood to take him/her on!

AMAR
H4 NSX

simonprelude
22-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Even 'if' the NSX will adjust to utilise the additional RON, it will not have had time to change from that small amount. If the fuel indicator came on you probably still had around a gallon of regular fuel in the tank also.

I would be interested in a full back to back test of a car on this fuel, but I think that unless you have an ECU that has been mapped to utilise the higher RON then you will be wasting your money.

AR
22-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Tesco's 99 is the one for me.

Cheap and closet to my house.

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
22-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Fuzilov has reported similar things with the golden fuel in his NSX-R.

I know how quickly fuel degrades so unless you get it when it's fresh maybe it's already degraded to 99RON!

Maybe you thrash the car more with the good stuff in or maybe it alters the sound of the engine slightly giving the impression of more speed - I know different fuels sound different in mine.

Although I would like to say that I will not pass judgement until I have won the lottery and put some in, even then I'd find it hard to justify!

With the size of the NSX fuel tank (70 litres) and your light probably coming on with over 10 litres left in the tank your 4 litres of golden fuel will have been diluted by 3:1 parts of 95 RON - always the one to try and start a mass debate I have to say that your mind has had you on this one!

L*

jaytip
22-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give some feedback on my thoughts on BP Ultimate 102. A BP garage on the A406 between beckton and canning town, near where I live has been selling the stuff for a while. I finally decided to take the plunge and give it a go. I waited until the fuel indicator came up and popped over the garage and got myself £10 worth on Sunday (hardly made any difference to the fuel level indicator) at £2.40/litre. BTW, the garage people are pretty cautious about selling the stuff, you need to go over to the counter, ask for them to come out and unlock the pump. They stand by while you fill up then walk you back to the counter so that you can pay (and they won't sell the stuff after 9pm - some kind of water-shed, i suppose!!)

My impression almost immediately was that the response, gear changeand acceleration were all significantly improved. Now, i'm not saying that a certain amount of psychology came into play (i.e. wanting all these improvements to justify the price of the fuel, albeit only £10's worth). But i'm convinced this stuff really does work!

Would i fill up the tank with it?? I'd have to say no, its just far too expensive to justify. But the few miles i drove (up and down the A406, canary wharf and wanstead) have been some of the most enjoyable since owning my NSX.

Anyone else tried the stuff?? Anyway, filled up with the "cheap" sainsbury's own brand 95 RON last night. The drive back home wasn't nearly as much fun and i got overtaken by a new 6 series BMW, wasn't in the mood to take him/her on!

AMAR
H4 NSX
This is the bit that puzzles me,how can better fuel improve the gear change:dunno:

Ferris Bueller
22-11-2007, 06:08 PM
This is the bit that puzzles me,how can better fuel improve the gear change:dunno:

:D This, more than anything in the rest of the post, suggests any changes were in the head rather than reality.

NSX 2000
22-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I think you lot are terrible! He has just spent £2.40 a litre on fuel that takes some guts! I'm now wincing like mad that I have to pay over £1 a litre no matter what fuel I buy!

Fuzilov has reported similar things with the golden fuel in his NSX-R.
L*
With regards the above quote he did also say the same to me, so I think there could be more to this fuel than first meets the eye. If the engine is reaching higher revs quicker then you'll be changing gear more often and the pick up may feel sweeter and one therefore might think the gearchange even feels better?

Don't forget all the above are just my thoughts and everybody else is allowed to have their own opinon, but as L* says there is nothing like a good debate.
All the best Paul

NSXGB
22-11-2007, 10:16 PM
With the size of the NSX fuel tank (70 litres) and your light probably coming on with over 10 litres left in the tank your 4 litres of golden fuel will have been diluted by 3:1 parts of 95 RON - always the one to try and start a mass debate I have to say that your mind has had you on this one!

L*

I think I read somewhere that there will only be a gallon left in your tank when the light comes on....meaning the mix would have been closer to 50:50...

Did you reset the ECU before running?

AR
22-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Maybe the vapors have some tripping benefits?

dan the man
22-11-2007, 11:02 PM
yes nowt like a mass debate at all ;)

as for the fuel, one day i might try some. used Vpowwer 100ron on continent and sure didntl slow my DC5 down on its way to 160GPS. :D

NSXGB
22-11-2007, 11:18 PM
....might have benifitted from having so little weight in the way of fuel too...

NoelWatson
23-11-2007, 06:46 AM
I think I read somewhere that there will only be a gallon left in your tank when the light comes on....meaning the mix would have been closer to 50:50...

Did you reset the ECU before running?

I think it is more like 10-11 litres

Kevin
23-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Lots of info on this fuel on the BP website. From what I understand they suggest you get more power because it releases more power. A retuned engine will get even more, but the fuel itself will burn more efficiently anyway.

amo
23-11-2007, 08:24 PM
only run on v power as im tuned to it mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol
thx amo