PDA

View Full Version : NSX servicing in Bexleyheath, Kent

MattS
09-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Just thought some of you would like to know that Whitehouse Honda in Bexleyheath, Kent say that they are happy to service NSX's over 3yo. Not sure what the Technician's creds are with regard to NSX's, but I'll try and find out.

lotusolly
09-02-2005, 06:40 PM
That would be great if they have a trained technician. Trying to get to chiswick is a nightmare for me!

Olly

Martyn27_uk
09-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I live no distance at all from them and the first thing I did after I bought K20 was to pop in to say hello. Woulldn't even lift a spanner, not even an oil change ( which I can do for myself! ) Since then I've been trekking across London to Guy Salmon, and have been pleased with the service I've received so far. Their NSX tech, Alan, is a bloke who I've got real confidence in.

If Whitehouse have changed their position I'd be happy to let them service mine as long as their technician is up to speed - my next service is the 96,000 spark plug and cambelt job and not something I'd trust to a beginner!

Anyone out there actually used them yet? What did you think?

BrownBear
10-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I also use Guy Salmon (now Trident Honda), and it's a similar trip for me. Alan (Davies!) there has always been a top bloke, personally showing me round the car and pointing out the work he's done when required. It's worth the trip and I recommend him unreservedly.

Even though Whitehouse Honda is 10 minutes from me, I refuse to use them. Took my previous NSX in there once for an MOT and by chance happened to come back a bit early. Imagine my surprise when two of the mechanics come roaring past me in *my* car :twisted:

The manager said they were just 'warming the engine for the emissions test' :roll: Even he sounded unconvinced by himself.

Haven't been back since.

MattS
10-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Forgot to say that the lad at the end of the phone told me that they had an NSX in a couple of days previously for a service. Wonder if it's anyone that posts here?

I called them Whitehouse Honda - it seems that they're now known as Dutton-Forshaw Honda. Perhaps a change of owner?

I've got to have the 90k service done in Spring and having someone a bit closer to home would be a big bonus, but only if they're competent!

modarr
10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey Matt,

Got over the orange yet?

I had the same lame experience as the good Dr.
They started to quiver in their boots, then ran for the toilets when I mentioned the NSX.

Go try and see, then I may try them too.

Mo

jaytip
11-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Joe,
would you like to do me a favour and ask this guy Alan if he would be willing to drop a six speed box in my car.
having asked on prime i have been told it's just a matter of wiring the reverse lockout switch into the ECU which is what is done on the post 98 six speed's anyway.

cheer's,
Ivor

NSXGB
11-02-2005, 08:49 AM
...I have been recommended Alan Davies before at Trident. Sounds like a good bet.

Martyn27_uk
28-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Getting close to 96000 and the "F" service that I'll need. I still plan to use the services of Alan @ Trident / Guy Salmon unless somebody posts some feedback about Whitehouse Bexleyheath.

:?:

MattS
29-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Martyn,

You must live just down the road from Mo and I - 3 NSX's in Bexley!

Nobody had anything good to say about Whitehouse B'Heath, so I went to Trident and Alan Davies did a good job. He definitely knows NSX's. I reckon it's worth the drive - from here it took about 45 mins door-to door, via the M25 then Chessington.

It's worth asking them if they'll do the work at the normal Honda labour rate, rather than the NSX rate which is about £20 ph more.

Matt

swlabhot
29-04-2005, 03:49 PM
So where exactly is this Honda that Alan works at?

My main service/cambelt change is due now...

BrownBear
29-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Here, Steve.

http://www.tridenthonda.com/index.asp?grp=0

Martyn27_uk
29-04-2005, 08:55 PM
So, what did Trident say? If they ( or Dutton in Bexleyheath ) would do the work at standard prices that might swing the deal for me.
:?

AFAIK the only service team that do NSX's at standard rates are Elite in Tooting - they aren't "official" service depot but the manager had an NSX for years so they kept the toolkit :-)

Martyn27_uk
27-07-2005, 12:14 PM
In view of the crap weather I abandoned plans to wander around an open air antique fair and went to Dutton Forshaw in Bexleyheath where I met Alan their NSX mechanic. He used to work for a garage in Sidcup ( Becketts? ) that was one of the original NSX dealerships.

Seems nice enough and clued up. Hourly labour rate of £68.50 is same as standard Honda prices and he has no problem with me bringing my own spark plugs and modifying ( drilling hole ) in old water pump housing rather than paying £200 for a new one if the pump itself needs changing...

So booked in for next Tuesday.

He did warn me though that the job involves dismantling part of the suspension and that the parts are occasionally very difficult to split / separate. Anybody had any direct experience of this?

Does anybody have detailed instructions ( workshop manual extract or technical service bulletin ) regarding the hole driling required to fit a new design water pump into the old shell?

He told me he looks after 3 NSXs at the moment - and he's heard about this forum via the owners, so come on guys, make yourselves known!

Quote for the work was a laughably low £750 - let's wait and see what the bottom line turns out to be next week!

david_f
05-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Forgot to say that the lad at the end of the phone told me that they had an NSX in a couple of days previously for a service. Wonder if it's anyone that posts here?

I called them Whitehouse Honda - it seems that they're now known as Dutton-Forshaw Honda. Perhaps a change of owner?

I've got to have the 90k service done in Spring and having someone a bit closer to home would be a big bonus, but only if they're competent!

Yeah, that was me! Whitehouse Honda is now Dutton Fawshaw Honda (Bexleyheath). It’s nice and convenient as although I live in Sevenoaks, my office is in Sidcup. The technician is Alan (known as ‘Little Al’) and he was NSX trained somewhere else in the Honda network. I use Little Al for minor works (my car’s only done 22K so no major work required yet). I can vouch for Bexleyheath and Little Al. They seem genuinely interested – I guess it’s a nice change to have an NSX to pour over – and their servicing seems sensibly priced. Thumbs-up from me! Cheers, David.