PDA

View Full Version : Lack of images

ctrlaltdelboy
15-02-2004, 06:52 PM
note for admin: :idea:

I'm not sure whether this issue exists by design or oversight, but guests to the forum do not get to see any pictures posted unless they register as users and log in (to test this log out and then go to the picture gallery). One of the problems with this arrangement is that if (as I have discovered) a registered member invites anyone else to view any pictures that have been posted, the visitor(s) are unable to see them unless they themselves also register. Of course this could lead to many more registered users on the forum but there cannot be much advantage to having a misleadingly high number of registered members, a sector of which never come back. Also there will also be many visitors who will not want to register to a forum that they may never visit again.

If the settings could be changed to enable guests to see the pictures I'm sure I'm not the only one who would welcome such a change.

Many thanks for listening.

Kevin
16-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi,

I know the pics aren't showing for non-registered users. The attachment system, is an addon to the basic forum system. The forum itself is a free system which anyone can use, and so is the attachment addon. There isn't a setting I have found which enables non-logged in users to view the attachments. I realised this was a drawback when I put the system in. I'm looking into it. I would like the pics to be shown for guests also, for the same reasons.

Kevin
18-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Think I've found it. Try viewing the forum without logging in and see if you can see the pictures.

ctrlaltdelboy
18-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Seems to have done the trick Kev - Well done :mrgreen: