PDA

View Full Version : NSX required for photo shoot in Japanese Performance

Japanese Performance
16-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi

Chris Rees from Japanese Performance magazine here.

We're planning a profile on the NSX for the magazine and we need to find a car to photograph in the studio - can anyone help?

What we're looking for:

* A standard, original NSX in immaculate condition (can be either UK or JDM spec)
* A good strong colour like red or blue, but preferably not black
* Someone who can take a full weekday off and bring the car to the studio at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu

What you get in return:

* Your car in Japanese Performance magazine
* Fuel expenses
* A CD-ROM of the photo shoot
* Free access to the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu on the day

We're looking to do the shoot within the next 2 weeks or so.

Do you think you can help? Please get in touch!

Cheers

Chris Rees
Editor, Japanese Performance magazine
***@chpltd.com
01344 648532

Steveycaz
16-11-2007, 03:20 PM
1991 Red with Black roof. I live in Hampshire so could quite possibly do it! Let me know.

TheQuietOne
16-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Would be interested also - Red/Black 2000 in pretty good nick :D!

Also I gave you an interview a few weeks back for the feature (the person with a standard car request). Let me know if Steve can't make it.

Cheers, Matt.

P.S. Picture is from 2 weeks ago.

AR
16-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Would be interested also - Red/Black 2000 in pretty good nick :D!

Also I gave you an interview a few weeks back for the feature (the person with a standard car request). Let me know if Steve can't make it.

Cheers, Matt.

P.S. Picture is from 2 weeks ago.

Are you looking to update your signature! :)

Steveycaz
16-11-2007, 04:41 PM
ooh matt! You've out shiny'd me!

amo
16-11-2007, 04:43 PM
well mine is kinda standardish lol lol

thx amo

jaytip
16-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I have a 2004 formula red in standard trim that I would love to see in print.
Edit:I am also self employed so the car and i are available on any day.
Cheers,
Ivor.

simonprelude
16-11-2007, 08:07 PM
1997 Imola Orange with Black roof here if you are still looking :)

P27OLU

Senninha
16-11-2007, 08:36 PM
1997 Imola Orange with Black roof here if you are still looking :)

P27OLU
Hasn't your car been in enough mags Simon ;)

Yours is nice Steve, but I would vote for Matts freshly mopped and valeted for the photo shoot...

Just a shame Chris isn't looking for a nice, gently modded NSX in a rare colour :), especially as I'm on leave next week...

regards, Paul

amo
16-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Hasn't your car been in enough mags Simon ;)

Yours is nice Steve, but I would vote for Matts freshly mopped and valeted for the photo shoot...

Just a shame Chris isn't looking for a nice, gently modded NSX in a rare colour :), especially as I'm on leave next week...

regards, Paul

why thx mate that be mine then lol

thx amo

WhyOne?
16-11-2007, 11:14 PM
If you fancy a nice shiney blue one - I can make Y1 available.....

TheSebringOne
17-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Whyone I like the black & white side shot especially, very arty! I hope thats a old photo, your tax disc ran out May 07!! :D Shush!

Japanese Performance
19-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi all

Many thanks for everyone who's offered their car for the photo shoot, the fantastic response just shows what a keen lot you all are! Thought it's fairest to go with the one who responded first, so thanks Steve! We'll be shooting the car in the next 2 weeks or so to get the NSX profile in the Feb '08 issue of the mag.

Thanks to all in the club once again

Chris Rees

Senninha
19-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Thought it's fairest to go with the one who responded first, so thanks Steve!

Three Cheers for Steve .... time to get polishing and representing us all well!! Oh, and by the way, make sure you remove those eyes of the windscreen :laugh:

regards, Paul

Steveycaz
19-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks Paul - I was thinking of leaving the Lightning McQueen look in situ for a bit of interest :)!

Not really the weather for a spit and polish but I'll give it a go - see if I can even get close to Matt's new high-gloss finish. Maybe I should try this Porter Cable thingy out?

Senninha
19-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Steve,

SS returned to me at the weekend ... shout if you wish to borrow and OK with Kevin. Luke was interested so maybe you guys could use first then return to me. I will then get it back to Kevin.

Let me know

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
20-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Congrats Lightening Mcqueen or Steve! I think its a jolly good idea for you to lend that fancy polisher thingy. What you say Kev or SS or Senninha or whoever got it now ! :dunno: Our club's reputation is being fed to the masses! :thumbsup:

Steveycaz
01-12-2007, 09:56 AM
We did the photoshoot on Wednesday. Took the wife and kids and we had a great time. If you haven't been it is well worth the visit - especially out of season as we had the place almost to ourselves (in fact I had the Alistair McRae rally simulator completely to myself :D).

Tom took some great photo's - here is a selection of some before the editing team work their magic on it. I hope my car was clean enough for you guys!

PeteM
01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Awesome pictures steve, the car looks stunning. Dont think the guys will need to work any editing magic on it !

Like the look of the taitec exhaust as well, thinking of going down that route also.

If possible could you please post up some sound clips when you have the time, I would like to get a taster of what noise to expect. :)

Steveycaz
01-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I'll try but whenever I've taken sound recordings they are dominated by wind noise (cheap equipment I guess!). Which part of the Somerset / Wiltshire border are you? We could organise a mini-meet and you could hear it (and a few others) for real.

PeteM
01-12-2007, 10:53 AM
No probs Steve with the sound clips, A mini meet sounds like a good idea so I can hear the sound first hand :)

Cheers.

Steveycaz
01-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Sound clips posted in another thread!

Phoebe, my 5 year-old, has decided that she can do better than the photographer so has come up with the following picy of my car...

I like the colour scheme but not sure about the 'scooby-style' gold rim!

Senninha
01-12-2007, 12:49 PM
HI Steve,

I think the swirls in Phoebe' version will take some polishing :laugh: color scheme remonds me of that VW Polo a few years back ... you sure she's only 5 ;)

As said above, not much photoshop editing required, your NSX is looking very good!!

regards, Paul

jaytip
01-12-2007, 03:01 PM
What did you do to get it that clean:thumbsup: I don't think any photo editing will be needed.

Steveycaz
01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Used Zymol polish / wax which works well. I cleaned the paint using Maguires Paint Cleaner in May so its nice and smooth. There is some dirt showing on the reg plate and the studio was a bit manky so I think the magazine will change things a bit. I also think the photographer used a plastic / poster effect to be kinder to my 16 year-old paintwork. Pleased with the results and having fun with Photoshop making some variants.

amo
01-12-2007, 03:28 PM
congrats mate cars looks nice very nice

thx amo

AR
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Used Zymol polish / wax which works well. I cleaned the paint using Maguires Paint Cleaner in May so its nice and smooth. There is some dirt showing on the reg plate and the studio was a bit manky so I think the magazine will change things a bit. I also think the photographer used a plastic / poster effect to be kinder to my 16 year-old paintwork. Pleased with the results and having fun with Photoshop making some variants.

Which Zymol did you use?

BTW the car looks and sounds very nice.

Cheers,

AR

Steveycaz
01-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks Amo, thanks Ary.

I use Zymol Cleaning Wax (http://www.petrolheads.co.uk/reviews/reviews.asp?c=52&id=246) which is not for the purists as it combines a polish and a wax - but I found the results excellent, especialy as I did a proper paint clean earlier in the year. I'm just too lazy to do a full 3-stage process.

AR
01-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Steve the car looks great now but if you are get a chance get the Zymol paste and you will get about the same shine, but with more dept and will last lots more.

I have had the same pot for the last three years and as many NSX and it it still goes. Wife not to impressed about it in the fridge, but hey I would not want my wax to go rancid!!!

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks Amo, thanks Ary.

I use Zymol Cleaning Wax (http://www.petrolheads.co.uk/reviews/reviews.asp?c=52&id=246) which is not for the purists as it combines a polish and a wax - but I found the results excellent, especialy as I did a proper paint clean earlier in the year. I'm just too lazy to do a full 3-stage process.

I use that wax, very good and it lasts ages.

Silver Surfer
01-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Tres fabs!!!! Makes me proud of my '91 Red/Black!!!

I'll use your side-on pics to show my mates of what a NSX is. Absolutely stunning!

SS :) :)

TheSebringOne
01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats, the car looks awesome and looks like its just left the factory, bar the non oem zorst!

TheSebringOne
01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Congrats, the car looks awesome and looks like its just left the factory, bar the non oem zorst! When will it be published?

Steveycaz
02-12-2007, 11:51 AM
The NSX will feature in either Feb or March I think he said.

Steveycaz
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
if you are get a chance get the Zymol paste and you will get about the same shine, but with more dept

Do you mean its more expensive? :rolleyes:

AR
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Is relative mate because I spent about £ 100 quids on that one and it has lasted 3 years. So is actually cheaper. You only need a tiny amount to do a whole NSX.

Cheers,

AR