PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new owner - Dubai

Jetpilot3
14-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm a 1991 Berlina Black/Ivory interior owner from Canada and regular of NSX Prime.

I presently work and live in Dubai and have the car with me here. I've recently ordered the Downforce 02 Conversion and other goodies.

I'm looking for a brand new Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust so if you know of anyone selling theirs or a dealer please let me know.

Here's a quick picture...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Jetpilot3/CARPhotoShootNovember006.jpg

Steveycaz
14-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Welcome. Nice looking car. Keep the popups though! I've got the GT006 and it is fantastic. Bazza (VTEC Direct) and Dirk both supply this part.

When's the next Dubai meet?

Jetpilot3
14-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Tomorrow! One other guy has also brought his 1992 Red/Black NSX over so I'm helping him with it this evening...battery is dead.

Cheers,
Jetpilot3

Boomin33
14-11-2007, 12:11 PM
I like the Brabus Monoblock IV style wheels. What are they? what sizes?

Thanks,

markc
14-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi Jetpilot welcome.

Yours is the car to be featured in the NSX- R8 magazine article, correct?

The pic you posted on Prime certainly put the R8 in it's place looks wise :)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96600&highlight=Audi

Let us know which publication it'll be in and when it's going to be published when you can.

Cheers

Mark

Jetpilot3
14-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi Mark,

Yes, this is my baby...It will be CAR magazine! Thanks for the welcome and actually I do hold a British passport along with my Canadian one so I thought meh...why not join the UK group.

For the other reply...these wheels are custom made WORK Varianza T1S. Fronts 18X8 +35 (225/35R18) and rears are 19X9.5 (275/30R19)

Jetpilot

Steveycaz
14-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Fronts 18X8 +35 (225/35R18) and rears are 19X9.5 (275/30R19)
:eek: with manual steering? Do you have Popeye forearms?

AR
14-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Nice car mate, welcome!

Silver Surfer
14-11-2007, 08:25 PM
:eek: with manual steering? Do you have Popeye forearms?

? No tight spot to pull out ....just start and drive without turning the wheel......From the photos any way. Never been to Dubai except the airport so....:laugh:

Welcome also!

SS

TheSebringOne
15-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Welcome to this happy little community! Great looking balck and very shiny NSX and I like those wheels too! :) I am not condoning speed, but are there speed limits in Dubai? On a old TG saw James May do over 180mph on what seems like a sandy dusty public road in a Bentley Silver Spur?

Jetpilot3
15-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Nah its not too hard driving the car with these wheels and as it previously had 17/18 combo I can't tell a difference to be honest. The only issue I'm having is rubbing on full lock when I leave and return to my parking garage.

There are speed limits in Dubai but on the highway you can let her open up almost everywhere. I was doing 100mph all weekend long!

Here's a cool picture from the magazine shoot this past weekend...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Jetpilot3/CARPhotoShootNovember050.jpg

DTA-Motorsport
20-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello and welcome!

That's a lovely car you have there and finally a NSX that "sits" well on her wheels (I find most stock NSX's to sit far too high on their suspension).

Perhaps see you in Dubai as I'm there quite a few times a year (family lives there).

All the best,

Dan

gumball
20-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Nah its not too hard driving the car with these wheels and as it previously had 17/18 combo I can't tell a difference to be honest. The only issue I'm having is rubbing on full lock when I leave and return to my parking garage.

There are speed limits in Dubai but on the highway you can let her open up almost everywhere. I was doing 100mph all weekend long!

Here's a cool picture from the magazine shoot this past weekend...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Jetpilot3/CARPhotoShootNovember050.jpg

Wow, nice, Rear three quarter has to be the best angle for NSX pics.

markc
03-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Some of you might have seen Jetpilot3's post on Prime refering to the CAR (Middle East Edition) article featuring his NSX and the Audi R8. The thread contains a link to a scanned copy of the article about half way down...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100596&highlight=audi

Some superb photographs and a good, if somewhat short, write up that includes comment on the parallels of the two cars creation, their effect of the sport/super car market and the established players in it, and also the simlarities and differances between the cars themselves.

Enjoy :)

Mark

DAVEMAT
03-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I am not condoning speed, but are there speed limits in Dubai?

Just been back to Dubai last week, and you'd be very lucky to do any speeding around the city, the traffics outrageous, although the toll roads aren't too bad.

The car looks superb

Lankstarr
03-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Ditto about the wheels. I think they are the nicest ones I've seen on an NSX.

Presumably it's lowered to get it sitting so well over them?

Welcome to the forum.

L*

craigdonnelly
03-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Welcome and beautiful!:drool:

markc
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Looks like Jetpilot's car has evolved recently...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101884

I believe it sits an inch or so lower on Eibach springs.

Mark

craigdonnelly
03-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I prefered the pop-ups but still stunning!

Jetpilot3
04-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Guys!

Look sorry I've neglected posting here as I've been busy with the car and new job! Back now! Yeah I know no excuses...:)

So yes Mark thanks for posting about my NSX's transformation of lately. I ordered the complete Downforce NSX-R +02 conversion and its all installed except for the Type R rear wing, front bumper caps, and front CF chin spoiler (all forgotten to be shipped by Downforce originally). She's in the shop this weekend getting the work done and should be completed by Wednesday night. New Bilsteins are being put in as the car is still running the original shock absorbers and they are definately worn out.

I'm running Eibach springs so she's sitting 1" lower than stock. Thanks guys for the props on the wheel and although the deep dish look seems to be in I much prefer the big wheel stance with some classic look. What the hell is he talking about? Hehe...I'm not so much into bling bling. I purchased my Taitec GT lightweight exhaust from Barry at VTEC direct and its a great investment! Love how its quiet for everyday driving and sounds like a BTCC touring car when nailed.

Next up for her? Some of you might know West Coast Customs from the U.S. as they have become quite popular with custom car work for sports stars, SEMA work and exclusive models, plus appearing on U.S. networks as a reality show...they will be removing my complete interior in 2 weeks (yes the whole thing dash, doors, seats, carpet, every single leather panel, etc.) and installing a complete Black Alcantara interior with red stitching. It will be the bomb! My mate has a new GT3 with this interior and I love it so will be doing it on mine.

I'll get some pictures posted again for you guys in another thread or will link the pictures to this current thread on NSX Prime:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101884

Thanks for reading! Oh hey if some of you frequent Dubai send me a PM and I'd be glad to meet up with you. Lots of car activity in Dubai so depending on when your over here you might get to see stuff like the Arab Run (Gumball type of rally but lame...lame as in you get to see $30 million worth of cars but it lacks the fame and glamour of Gumball of course).

Cameron

Jetpilot3
04-04-2008, 02:34 PM
MarkC is that a Imola Orange NSX you own? Lucky guy! I love that color and I'm thinking of painting my car that color...

jaytip
04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
MarkC is that a Imola Orange NSX you own? Lucky guy! I love that color and I'm thinking of painting my car that color...
Not only is it IOP but it's also a type-S.Believed to be the only one in the UK. And,yes it is a lovely colour,especially in the flesh.

jaytip
04-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Next up for her? Some of you might know West Coast Customs from the U.S. as they have become quite popular with custom car work for sports stars, SEMA work and exclusive models, plus appearing on U.S. networks as a reality show...they will be removing my complete interior in 2 weeks (yes the whole thing dash, doors, seats, carpet, every single leather panel, etc.) and installing a complete Black Alcantara interior with red stitching. It will be the bomb! Cameron
If you don't mind me asking,what is the cost of having that done?

goldnsx
04-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Hello from me! I know you of prime, the one with the Gremlings in the car.

Senninha
07-04-2008, 05:34 PM
If you don't mind me asking,what is the cost of having that done?

+1 for this info. IIRC, West Coast have recently opened a new shop where you are as part of their growing franchise network?

Ok, a little late but welcome to the UK site and WOW, that is a real good looking NSX. I'm also very impressed with your approach to having a clear goal and getting to the finished item so quickly.

On a seperate Prime thread I noticed that as part of your engine mods you ahve installed the SOS large bore throttle body. A number of us are keen to know more about this as raised in this TDI thread http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4636

Would appreciate your feedback

best regards, Paul

Jetpilot3
13-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi guys,

The cost to do the complete interior (minus seats as I've ordered Bride Brix II's in red) is 2000 GBP. This includes complete dash, A-Pillar, Headliner, Door panels, center console, rear engine fire wall, and dye all the Ivory plastic trim pieces black.

Unfortunately WestCoast customs won't be doing the work as their customer service has been poor. Yes, they have setup a franchise in Dubai and seem to be busy with alot of high end stuff. In the interm I've contacted another company that will be doing it and I think the work is better but that's IMO.

I've bought red NSX-R carpet from a guy in the U.S. and had it shipped over and will be installed with the interior conversion. My plan is to do the A-Pillar and headliner in Red Alcantara with Black stitching and the dash, door panels, rear engine firewall, and center console in Black Alcantara with red stitching. It will be the bomb with the red carpet and red Brix II's. I'll be sure to post pictures when she's done maybe this week?

Paul - I really like your Platinum Grey NSX as its such a rare color.

As for the SOS Big Bore throttle body I can't really help you there as the previous owner installed it and I'm merely a benefactor. My car is really quick as she stands so I would think the throttle body helps? I believe ViperDriver (former owner) set the car up for Science of Speed Stage 1 tuning which meant ready for a Comptech Supercharger (but that never happened). He wanted to ensure the car could supply and keep up with the fuel demand it would require of the supercharger.

Thanks for the props and I've been in love with the NSX since I was 14 years old (now 31) so getting her to where she's at was a major goal. I'm fortunate to be able to do so and want to share what's possible with likeminded NSX owners.

Cameron

Jetpilot3
13-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Umm...to add my car has the following mods and she's quick but I have no idea what sort of HP she would be putting out. I read the TDI thread and I wonder if you guys could estimate it based upon what your all running? I don't think there's a repuitable dyno in Dubai but I will be checking this out to see if I can get my car specs.

Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
Taitec Headers
RC Engineering Injectors (blueprinted)
SOS Big Bore Throttle Body
SOS ECU
SOS Tuned Intake Manifold
Cantrell AIS
NSX-R 4.23 short gearing
JDM NSX-R Ring and Pinion
Dali Lightened Flywheel
Centerforce Clutch
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walboro Fuel Pump

Senninha
13-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I've bought red NSX-R carpet and it will be installed with the interior conversion............. My plan is to do the A-Pillar and headliner in Red Alcantara with Black stitching .......... It will be the bomb with the red carpet and red Brix II's.

Paul - I really like your Platinum Grey NSX as its such a rare color.

As for the SOS Big Bore throttle body I can't really .................

Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Red seats and carpets in amongst all that black alcantara should look really good. Just MHO, but I would think long and hard about the a-pillars and headlining. You just might feel like you're in a bit of 'red' sandwich. Have you thought about mid to dark grey? It would still contrast the red and black but would also make the interior feel lighter and more spacious?

Thanx for the comps on mine, it really was meant to be and the color has allowed me to do a number of upgrades that are not always obvious at first glance.

Thanx for replying ref the TB's. There is much research to do on these and I guess some searching on Prime.

Look forward to the interior photo's when all is done

regards, Paul

Jetpilot3
01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Update here on the interior work (not done yet):

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=993374#post993374

Thanks for looking!

Jetpilot