PDA

View Full Version : Centre Speaker Amp?

NSXGB
12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Can anyone tell me whether the centre speaker amp is the same as the door speaker amps? Long shot maybe, but I have a spare door speaker amp....

Steveycaz
12-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I beleive it is different as it is driving two different types of speaker (sub-woofer in the footwell and mid-range in the console). But I need a door amp if yours is going begging :)

NSXGB
12-11-2007, 04:55 PM
If you get me a new centre amp, you can have my new door amp. :)

Does anyone have the Bose part number for the centre amp? I can't find it on Prime. Looks like it might be different but I'd like to know for sure.

Looks like an email to Frank Mueller....

Kevin
12-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I have one. I'm pretty sure it works, as it was the first one in my car that I repaired. This means it won't break down again.

You can have it, as long as I get your one to repair.

NSXGB
12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Are they fairly easy to repair? I presume it's a case of desoldering and resoldering some caps, but I could not find the info on Prime...
Failing that, I'll gladly take you up on your offer....Thanks Kevin, you're a top man!

rkanaga
12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
They are different, but Dirk can get them for if I recall around 110 euro's, or you could get BrianK from NSXPrime to repair yours. I got one from Dirk and suddenly my stereo stopped sounding like a transistor radio!

PS if you set your iPOD to the 'small speaker' setting it gives a really balanced bass through the OEM BOSE ssystem, much better than simply turning the bass up on the head unit.

Kevin
13-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Are they fairly easy to repair? I presume it's a case of desoldering and resoldering some caps, but I could not find the info on Prime...
Failing that, I'll gladly take you up on your offer....Thanks Kevin, you're a top man!

It is just that. Parts cost less than a £. I also replace the power transistors. The two caps that go are C7 and C8. I replace all the green electrolytic caps. I use 50v replacements rather than the 12v ones that BOSE supply. All you need to do is get the same values as the ones on the board.

Easy peasy and not worth paying £100 to fix!

The worst bit is cutting or melting the goo that they used to keep the coils from vibrating.

AR
17-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Kevin,

Will you be offering this service? If not any chance of a DIY post?

Also did you find all the bars that we PM about?

Sod's law that when I decided to keep the NSX the driver's amp goes!

Cheers,

AR