PDA

View Full Version : The new wagon

BabyG
09-11-2007, 12:28 AM
I picked up my car several weeks ago now having had a full service at Norton Way (and a new cam pulley, ouch!). I'm going to be pushing the usable supercar concept to the limit - I'm based in London and yup, this is the only car. Not a daily drive but I'm 1000 miles in and so far so good!

Impressions so far are all about the noise. I can't believe I'll ever get bored of it, pulling at high revs is something else. Acceleration in the first three gears has made me think about how much more you could actually use on the road - I'll wait for the 'Ring trip to investigate further and maybe see the performance in higher gears ;)

Being soooo low has taken some getting used to (I swear I sit lower than in the caterham replica I built with my dad), and being 6'6 has required some seat surgery and shoes off for driving. Well worth it so far!

Some pics from the collection attached, I hope to see some of you chaps at Bedford/Rolling road day or indeed the nordschleife!

Rich

dan the man
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
i drive with my shoes off too at times. miles better for me.

and the ring in higher gears will make u wonder where the power is... lmao!

enjoy

Lankstarr
09-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi Rich,

Can you post details of the seat surgery performed please. I'm 6'5" and could do with a bit of extra head room!

Cheers
Luke

Rob_Fenn
09-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Glad you're enjoying it! :D

gumball
09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Like the plateless-ish front, and nice color combination and wheels(same as mine:)) . Congratulations.

Silver Surfer
09-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree...best colour!! Looks like a very clean and tidy original example.

Enjoy.

SS :):)

NSX 2000
09-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi Rich, glad you are enjoying the NSX and I will see you at Bedford.
Paul.
PS is the Baby G a fantasy thing?

dan the man
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi Rich,

Can you post details of the seat surgery performed please. I'm 6'5" and could do with a bit of extra head room!

Cheers
Luke

depends if your long in the body or the legs i think !

TheSebringOne
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Baby G ENJOY !! DTM. how tall are you? about 6 ft? I can't ever imagine driving in socks as I'm a shorty, unless I dig out the platforms :laugh: Thank the lord I'm only 5.8 and half! Just like most F1 drivers, small, compact and fit! :D

BabyG
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
In my experience you don't get that far up without being pretty long in the body and legs!

All I've done is get the Dali thinner seat cushion. While it was in for service Norton Way removed the seat cushion (instructions on prime - non trivial as it involves taking the seat out but not a massive job). It definitely gives an inch or two more, and I can now sit just about normally. My hair's touching the roof lining but it's fine. I found it also helps to have the seat a little bit forward and the backrest upright as it means your head is properly in the recess in the roof.

Pic of the cushion attached. It's not totally seamless with the interior but it's very well made and you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking. (actually I reckon several people on here would, but joe punter wouldn't).

On track with a helmet is going to be another matter. It will be seat cushion out entirely for starters, I'll find out how bad in a couple of weeks!

Rich