PDA

View Full Version : how to disconnect Tracker device??

amar_fiaz
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
signed up for norwich union PAYG insurance and had their tracking device fitted last week. The thing is my car came with a Tracker device when i bought it, i now have 2 devices which are constantly taking charge from the battery! Does anyone know how to disconnect the Tracker device??

I rang them up today saying i no longer needed their service and that i wished to cancel my contract, which they were happy to do (no refund though!). However, they were not prepared to send someone over to disconnect the device from the battery.

anyone know how to pull the plug??

Thanks

AMAR
H4 NSX 1991 silver coupe

AR
06-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Best bet is to contact the company that installed it, rather than take the whole car interior apart.

Cheers,

AR

markc
07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I removed the Tracker from my old Porsche when I no longer needed it for insurance purposes.

It was very simple to remove once you've located the unit with just a single power connector and a wire for an aerial, it wasn't even screwed in placed. In my case the unit (fitted in 1999) was a cigar box sized metal unit but of course the size format and material may vary as the design progressed over the years?

One of the main points of this type of device is that they're not installed in a place that is easy for a thief to find and remove so it shouldn't be in a very obvious and simple to get at place. Having said that how many suitable places are there in a car. It will almost certainly be in the passenger compartment and behind some fixed trim.

Shouldn't be to hard to track (no pun...) down in the confines of the NSX cabin :)

Cheers

Mark

duncan
07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
As a suitable location, try lifting the passengers footwell carpet, space exists above the 3rd Bose unit, you may have to detach the large alloy protection plate, I can't remember. Its the location where my [Honda] Cat 1 immobliser was rested by a dealer