PDA

View Full Version : 5 speed gearbox

jaytip
02-02-2005, 11:11 PM
5 speed gearbox in perfect condition wanted (unlikely i know) but i have to have one

ctrlaltdelboy
03-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Ivor

I know it's probably not an option you are minded to take up, but MJ is about to ship my new box to me any day now - if he happens to have another box ready to go (thats a big if) it could share a pallet with mine and save a load on the shipping.

you never know, it may be an opportunity to revisit the misunderstandings you and he have had in the past and perhaps come to a mutually acceptable arrangement regard past and potentially present and future transactions - I am always happy to act as mediator for you if you want me to.

alternatively, my old box is lying around doing nothing - needs a full refurb, a complete set of shims and bearings is around $750 - you could buy my old one and the refurb bits and get a local place to do the refurb for you?

jaytip
05-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Darren,
i appreciate the offer.for now i am going to try to source a complete 'box so that i can just pop it straight in.having posted on prime i discovered that the only "technical" difficulty with fitting a six speed 'box is making sure that the reverse lockout switch is connected properly.
so i am going to see if i can talk Yeomans or one of the other NSX dealers into doing it.
thanks anyway.