PDA

View Full Version : Trackdemon's Enn-Essex Run - March 6th

BrownBear
02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
As referred to here,

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416&start=0

Trackdemon has an interesting route through leafy-Essex which would be a cool blast one Sunday morning... (but not Feb 13th)

Date is TBD (by Steve) at the moment - please express your interest here..

Paul
03-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Here's me expressing my ... interest :D 8) :P

I hope it's not the 20th either. I might be back from Malaysia, but I'll be somewhat jet lagged having only just got back on the 19th :!:

trackdemon
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Probably looking at sometime early March at the moment, probably the 6th - how does that suit everyone? The route should be worht it! :D

Paul
04-02-2005, 01:13 PM
March 6th suits me ... how about anyone else ... :?:

duncan
08-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Count me in, however, be aware its Mothering Sunday so the chance of un-booked food in a pub is slight!

Flinty
14-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Count me in (and 96N Targa).
Being based in Braintree, meeting at Stansted services is perfect.

Looking forward to the collective noise, and a social half at lunchtime. Perhaps let me know when time is confirmed.

Cheers

osiris_x11
15-02-2005, 06:10 AM
hmmm... It's great to see the planning and high expectations of the British NSX'ers regarding an enthusiastic drive! I'm here in Greater London (Romford Essex) until the end of May for some graduate studies.

I'd love to participate in this gathering as a passenger/navigator, if anyone has a free/open seat available! I'm familiar w/ Chelmsford & Stansted Airport as I have family nearby and often visit. I sincerely look fwd' to the gathering... Till then Cheers! 8)

trackdemon
15-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Can we have a roll call of definates for this meetup & drive? Suggested meet / leave time at the moment is 8:30am / 8:45am @ Birchanger svcs. Sunday March 6th. Cross fingers for the weather!!

I'll be the one with the red NSX 8)

duncan
15-02-2005, 05:58 PM
I'll be in the yellow one with a black roof, 8:30 6 March M11 services

Paul
16-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Just checking in from a rather warm Pandan Maiwah ... think I've got the spelling right.

As I'll be coming from the M3 corridor, either Basingstoke, or Ashford (Middlesex), I'll probably go dorect to Stansted Services.

What time are we meant to be meeting up at Stanstad and is there a planned route in mind :?:

Really looking forward to my first NSX meet :D

trackdemon
17-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Just checking in from a rather warm Pandan Maiwah ... think I've got the spelling right.

Show off :lol:

As I'll be coming from the M3 corridor, either Basingstoke, or Ashford (Middlesex), I'll probably go dorect to Stansted Services.

What time are we meant to be meeting up at Stanstad and is there a planned route in mind :?:

Meeting at 8:30 & we do have a pre-planned route: one I've driven many times with some other petrolheads. Good fun!

Really looking forward to my first NSX meet :D

Me to! Should be a good drive, fingers crossed for the weather. :P

Trident
17-02-2005, 10:47 PM
:D Count me in for 6th March. Paul, you could meet me on the way and maybe Gary too. We're both in Wokingham. Peter '91 Red/Black

Paul
18-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Show off :lol:If I'd have been showing off properly, I'd have checked the spelling first ... :!: ... should have been Pandan Mewah, still it was close enough 8)
Meeting at 8:30 & we do have a pre-planned route: one I've driven many times with some other petrolheads. Good fun!Please confirm Birchanger Services are the ones just off Junction 8 of the M11. Having done a quick check on www.streetmap.co.uk this appears to be the right place. However, I don't want to be heading in the wrong direction when there are likely to be a good number of NSXs meeting up :!:

Please take this as confirmation that I'll be there with my baby ... Red 96 with black roof ... the little lady will likely be with me too, so sorry, but can't pick anyone up en-route.

Peter, could meet up en-route, can't think of an easy place to stop on the M4, or a good junction to sit on a roundabout and wait. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Having looked on the AA's website, it's 100miles from my place, so would be leaving between 6:30 and 6:45 depending on whether you want to meet up. I can probably give you an idea of time from my place to anywhere on the M4, then armed with those lovely mobile phone things we could probably time it to meet on the road ... in mid flight as it were.

Looking forward to seeing a whole selection of NSXs and talking to other NSX owners.

Here's a question for you, to which I have no answer ...
If a group of lorries travelling together is called a convoy, what do you call a group of NSXs doing likewise :?:

:idea: ... Maybe this could be a fun competition with the best answer getting free drinks and or a meal at the lunchtime meeting point ... just a thought ... :? :!: :?:

trackdemon
19-02-2005, 12:57 PM
If a group of lorries travelling together is called a convoy, what do you call a group of NSXs doing likewise :?:

:idea: ... Maybe this could be a fun competition with the best answer getting free drinks and or a meal at the lunchtime meeting point ... just a thought ... :? :!: :?:

A: Beautiful. Do I win :?: :P

Paul
21-02-2005, 04:36 PM

A: Beautiful. Do I win :?: :P :lol: ... it may be, nah is, very true. But, I don't think it's a winner, unless no one else comes up with anything. If that's the case I'll buy you a beer for being the first to answer :)

osiris_x11
24-02-2005, 02:52 PM
hmmm.... Ok, I can't stop from salivating! I have family in Ford End near Chelmsford that I can be at & get a ride to the meeting point of Birchanger Services off Junction 8, M11. Are there any NSX'es w/ an empty passenger seat? Last time, I was fortunate to be w/ BrownBear.

I have another request of sorts! My two nephews, 14 & 13yr old who are major motorheads, especially regarding exotic imports. I want them to see what a NSX is all about. All that they've been in their entire lives have been Bimmers & Mercs in their household. This is not a request- but rather a favour if anyone else might have empty seats for them. They reside in Chelmsford, and to & from transport will be taken care of. If no one is able to accommodate, their loss...lol! Just get me as a passenger in a NSX!!! It's been 3 1/2 months since I've been in mine... :cry:

Look fwd to hearing from anyone! =)

Kevin
25-02-2005, 08:09 AM
I'll try to be there. It is the day after another Bedford trackday I'm doing though.

I might not have the cleanest NSX in the group.

Flinty
28-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Afternoon chaps.

I'll definitely be there, raring to go at 8.30
The only problem - 8.30am jeezus that means i'll have to be up at 8.00am to have time to wash the car.... :wink:

I should have a spare seat too.... my best mate has been banned from attending by his lady wife (miserable old....). So first come first served. I'm in Braintree, so Ford End & Chelms are not far away, if the seat taker wants to meet me in Braintree/Bocking, there's ample off street parking at mine.

N.B. bring warm clothes - unless it's Arctic conditions again, we shall be enjoying the Targa. I hear there is a way of keeping those pesky snowflakes outa the cabin.....

Flinty

jaytip
28-02-2005, 06:54 PM
i won't be there :(
i will be flying out to thailand on the 9th and i still havn't booked a hotel yet :roll: . i have got loads to take care of before i go.
enjoy yourselves. i will definatly make it to another meet later in the year.

Paul
28-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I think it was TrackDemon whop asked for a roll call ... so, as far as I can tell, this is currently who I think will be attending ...
TrackDemon
Duncan
Flinty
Trident & Gary
Kevin
Paul

Not sure if Trident and his mate Gary are both bringing NSXes, or if they're travelling in a sole NSX. But looks like there should be at least 6 NSXes making the trip.

Osiris is looking for a seat, plus if possible his two petrolhead teenage nephews are looking for seats too, if possible.

Anyone else bringing their NSX along :?:

Anyone coming who has a spare seat for a teenage petrolhead :?:

Both my seats are spoken for, so I can't help with the above.

See you at the services by Junction 8 of the M11 at 8:30 :D

Trident sending you a PM, please either respond, email me, or contact the mobile number in the PM. Maybe we can form a mini convoy at some point along the M4 as we head to the meeting point :?:

trackdemon
02-03-2005, 12:50 PM
:D Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday.

The run has previously been conducted in a "spirited" manner. We drive safely, but make progress (these are enjoyable roads to drive :lol: ) so it'd be worthwhile bearing that in mind for any potential passengers. Of course you're all entitled to drive as slow/fast as you want - I normally factor in some stops for photography (big hobby of mine) and socializing anyway.

We'll be driving approx. 120miles from Birchanger to Finchingfield, probably finishing around 12.30 - 1pm and having a swift pint and/or some lunch for those of you who want to stick around.

You can contact me on my mobile 07889102612 if you have any questions or are running late / cant make it on the day etc.

cheers,
Steve

PS I can type up and print a route card if you want, but I normally make a strong effort to keep the group together by slowing down when necessary for people to catch up.

trackdemon
02-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I'll try to be there. It is the day after another Bedford trackday I'm doing though.

Kevin,

Hope to see you on Sunday but if not I'm at Bedford this Saturday also. I'm passengering with a friend who is popping his trackday cherry - a dark met red 993TT; come say hello. I will have mucho camera gear in tow also.

cheers,
Steve

BrownBear
02-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I can 't make it, unfortunately :( Hope the weather changes before Sunday for you..

Don't forget your cameras!

Flinty
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Just to re-confirm (as requested by Trackdemon) that i will be there.

Sunday 8.30am sharp - Stansted Services, M11
:)

orangerocket99
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi guys

Would love to have come along, love a good drive out and some pub grub.

Hope to see you all on another day.

Orangerocket

Paul
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Having been asked to confirm attendance by TrackDemon, this is my confirmation that I'll be there

So, the list I started earlier in the thread looks like this:
TrackDemon (Organiser & Lead driver)
Duncan
Flinty (Confimred)
Trident & Gary
Kevin (Possible)
Paul (Confirmed) ... meant to be meeting Trident en-route after exchanging PMs.

Please feel free to quote this post and edit the list accordingly so we can all see who is, or is not going to be attending.

Roll on Sunday ... fingers crossed for some dry weather!

lotusolly
03-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Will try my best to make it but cant be absolutly certain
want the chance to listen to trackdemons exhaust!!!

olly(yellow nsx at boxhill)

trackdemon
04-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Want the chance to listen to trackdemons exhaust!!!

It'll be worth it 8)

trackdemon
04-03-2005, 06:57 PM
:( From an orignal list of 7 it seems we're down to just 3 for the Sunday run; unless of course you're all waiting to post in a flurry on Saturday evening! :P Either way, see you Sunday..... I'll bring my camera - its "one of the things I do"

Paul
05-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Might be four, possibly even five.

I had PM from Trident and have exchanged mobile numebrs with him. I'm due to meet him on teh road around Junction 3 of the M3 at about 7:15. He also mentioned his friend Gary might be coming along too, not sure if that's in his passenger seat, or another NSX.

I'll be bringing my little digital camera as I'd like to get some snaps of the other NSXes, as well as hopefully getting the chance to get some decent shots of my baby too.

See you Sunday ... :-D

lotusolly
05-03-2005, 11:34 PM
will definetly be there :)
meet u at birchanger for 8.30 (weather permitting) although may have to cut the run short!
olly

trackdemon
06-03-2005, 09:13 PM
A quick photo of the group - will process the rest tommorrow! Great run, really nice clear roads and awesome to see 6 NSX's being used as Ayrton intended.... :D

Paul
06-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Top day ... TrackDemon sure did plan a good route and lead the way very well.

As far as I was concerned TrackDemon deserves top marks for the selection and variety of roads ... the route he took and the itinerary ... the photo breaks were well placed and the pub lunch was well timed ... even though I only had a plate of chips ... won't be having a services breakfast next time!

I was intending on taking pictures at appropriate moments to make up a little story board of the day ... but it didn't really pan out too well ... still here are some edits of some of the snaps I took ... simple cut outs and file size reductions from the full size images ... nothing too spectacular ... but hopefully it'll whet your appetite for the ones TrackDemon took.

lotusolly
06-03-2005, 09:31 PM
great route and a fun day. Can't wait to run again on a day without the ice!!

Paul
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
... you decide ...

Paul
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
The phrase ... six of the best springs to mind ...

Paul
06-03-2005, 09:48 PM
We would have been together ... but 5 is the maximum number of attachments I was allowed to insert ...

Flinty
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks to TrackDemon - top day, couldnt be better. Really fantastic mix of roads, and good to see so many of us on the roads uninterrupted.

Isn't it great when cars have such presence that people simply pull over to let you past....

Paul
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
A little dirtier ... but still looking good ...

Paul
06-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks to TrackDemon - top day, couldnt be better. Really fantastic mix of roads, and good to see so many of us on the roads uninterrupted.

Isn't it great when cars have such presence that people simply pull over to let you past....Indeed ... I won't hear a bad word about blue mini metro drivers ... in my eyes they are top people ... :-D

Paul
11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
So, when can we expect to see some decent pictures TrackDemon :?:

I keep popping back in here to see some of your pictures ... I put some of mine on whet peoples appetites ... I'd still like to see a selection of your pictures ... did you manage to get a shot of the rear of my car when I was braking at any stage :?: