PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Festival of Speed 24-26 June

Kevin
31-01-2005, 06:02 PM
As every the Goodwood FoS is on again. This year its 24-26 June.

Also this year is celebrating 40 years of Honda in F1.

So if people would like to show there interest in going below, we can organise a meet up.

I have also asked the organisers if there is something available to us, will post details when I get them.

ctrlaltdelboy
31-01-2005, 09:46 PM
interested :!:

Paul G
31-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi,

Count me in if you can get something arranged, should be able to get my brother along as well ( now also NSX onwer)

Cheers!

trackdemon
01-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm already booked to go to the GFOS, my wife has procured some "special" tickets through her business so wont be in the normal area but would be nice to meet up with some of you guys.

Apparently somebody with a white NSX said hello to my Mrs (who was reading in my red/black) at the end of last years Sunday show - I was grabbing some last minute photo's so wasn't around.

Paul
01-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Most certainly interested ... keep us posted Kevin with news from your Honda contacts :!:

charlie:one
01-02-2005, 08:00 PM
hi kevin sounds good im interested nigel

SailBad
01-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi - count me in as a definite maybe - sounds too good to miss.

orangerocket99
01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
HI KEVIN

RIGHT YES COUNT THE WIFE AND MYSELF IN PLEASE

:D

jaytip
03-02-2005, 08:30 PM
i'm up for that as well.its my birthday on the 20th so this would make a good weekend for me.

slieve_croob
08-02-2005, 10:26 PM
NSX owner
& Porsche 928 GT
& Honda Beat

Very much interested in going to goodwood.
Will travel from N Ireland.
Will certainly keep an eye on the forum to glean such interest from fellow NSX owners

Slieve Croob

michaelw
09-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I would definatley be up for it but I only live aboput 10 minutes away so not a lot of good for a run but would like to met up and if you need any "local knowledge" let me know :) .

Michael.

orangerocket99
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
good to see your going again, as last year we couldnt make it.

The wife and I are a definate yes :lol:

I know there are a few NSX'S around the Herftfordshire/Bedfordshire area, so could there possibly be a place to meet and some go together :?:

Orangerocket

BrownBear
20-03-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm in as well, Kevin - thought I had a wedding to go to on that day, but it appears to be a couple of weeks earlier..

fuzilov
20-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi, we will try to be there as well NSX-R

Flinty
23-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a plan.
I will be there - probably Saturday and/or Sunday.

If anyone is travelling down from Essex (home) or Bucks (family), i'll gladly join a convoy :D
Something to agree nearer the time.

Flinty

lotusolly
23-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi all,
Never managed to get to Goodwood before, somethings always come up :evil:
Will try my hardest to make it this year though

Kevin
As you seem to be in contact with the organisers and Honda are having 40th celebrations, what would be the chances of getting a clup parade up the hill?

steve

DamianW
23-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm interested, I think the NSX parade would be a neat idea!

Kevin
28-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Well I have written to the organisers. Not got very much out of them though. They basically said that they are contact with Honda about what cars to have etc. They will contact me if they want anything.

I get the feeling we won't get much from them. I asked for a parking/display area but they didn't seem interested.

I imagine its because the FoS is a racing event, not a 'JapFest' type meeting. Our cars are standard (or at least not raced) NSXs, maybe if we could get our hands on the LeMans 1995 NSXs......

ctrlaltdelboy
26-04-2005, 09:53 PM
taken from pitpass.com - clicky for original page

Formula One World Championship leader, Fernando Alonso, will drive the Renault R24 at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed, on June 24.25.26.

The youngster will make his Goodwood debut on the Sunday of the event, joined by a host of contemporary stars, including Jenson Button, David Coulthard, Takuma Sato, Olivier Panis and Anthony Davidson.
Also attending for the first time is four-times World Champion Alain Prost, who is due to drive his title-winning 1989 McLaren-Honda MP4/5.

The Festival's unique ability to attract the top works Formula One teams is its key strength, and seven teams are expected to display and demonstrate their latest machinery on the front drive of Goodwood House in 2005.
Nowhere else in the world can you get so close to the latest and greatest cars and drivers.
Expect to see: BAR-Honda will celebrate 'Honda's 40 Years of Grand Prix Success'. It is expected that Takuma Sato will drive on Saturday and Jenson Button on Sunday.
Ferrari has confirmed that it will attend with a contemporary car McLaren-Mercedes is hoping to send a recent car. Red Bull -Cosworth is also set to attend, with star driver David Coulthard at the wheel on both Saturday and Sunday. Toyota will once more demonstrate its latest car, with Monaco GP winner Olivier Panis in action all weekend. WilliamsF1 will have the FW26 in action on Saturday and Sunday (http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=24236)

DamianW
06-05-2005, 08:50 AM
So what day are people going? This is coming up fast now, and I'm tempted to go along on the Friday because I know someone else thats going.

trackdemon
06-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Emphatically a Sunday person :D

Paul
09-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Would love to go.

The weekend looks like it's free ... though work has a habit of messing up my free weekends at the moment ... and I'm due to move sometime in June too.

If I do make it, it won't be Friday. Saturday, and or, Sunday look the most likely ... unless I'm forced to move that weekend.

BrownBear
09-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Sunday is best for me as well...

charlie:one
09-05-2005, 06:37 PM
hi all sunday for me nigel

BrownBear
12-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Just looking on the S2ki site and entry to the FOS is by pre-booked tickets only at the weekend - ie: we need to book some tickets, we can't just turn up and pay on the 'door' like you could in previous years ...

Inspection of the Goodwood site shows the following

How can I buy a ticket?
You can buy tickets in advance only in the following ways:
By telephone: call the Festival Hotline on +44 (0) 1243 755055
By fax: on +44 (0) 1243 755058
Book online: Click here to go to the online ticket booking section.
By email: bookings@goodwood.co.uk
Please check your tickets carefully on receipt as tickets are non-refundable and are not for resale. Please keep your ticket with you at all times at the event.

Can I buy a ticket on the day?
Tickets sales are made in advance only.It is not possible to buy a ticket when you arrive at the Festival, and there will be no admission without a ticket. For more information please telephone +44 (0)1243 755055 or bookings@goodwood.co.uk

Better get our skates on!

DamianW
12-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Yes you should! And if you want to meet fellow NSXers I'd swap mobiles, as Sunday is absolutely heaving these days. Get there very early if possible to avoid the queues... last Sunday I went it took us about 2 hours to do a mile to get in. In an Elise with the roof off getting nicely burnt ;) Hence I don't do the Sunday anymore!

lotusolly
31-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Tickets have been booked for Sunday so another NSX will be present :)

Olly

markc
21-06-2005, 09:30 AM
... and I'm another for Sunday.

Planning to leave early (from Lightwater, Surrey) to get there before the bulk of the traffic.

BrownBear
22-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Can't make it now :(

but this is interesting
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53012

Flinty
23-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone else going Saturday ?

I will be there in 96Targa, travelling down from Essex - aiming for an early entry to the event about 9.30 am.

Hope to see you there - mobile is 07887 717624 if anyone fancies a beer and nsx related chat.

Cheers

Flinty

kowalski
24-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I'll be there on Sunday as well, will try to get there before 9.30. my mobile is 07956230389 if anyone wants to meet

leigh

andrew
24-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Just back from an excellent day at Goodwood - gets bigger and better every year. Honda have a very large display this year including the main "sculpture" in front of Goodwood House consisting of Honda engined F1 cars mounted on an impressive moving aerial display, also an excellent line up of Honda motorbikes.

There is a Slot labelled "NSX type R" in the Sunday Times Supercar display but this was occupied by a standard red NSX today.

lotusolly
25-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I will be heading to goodwood on sunday morning on M20, M26, M25. anybody else heading down that way and interesred in meeting mid route ie clacketts services M25?
My mobile is 07970010260

olly

BrownBear
27-06-2005, 09:57 AM
How was it? Any pics then?

DamianW
27-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Went along on Friday and enjoyed it. Managed to dodge the storms (got hit on the way home though).

New rally stage is great, fabulous to see the old Group Bs in action again. I'll definitely try and get there early if I go again another year - I drove straight into the car park at 8am and got a really good look around the main paddock.

NSX proved, again, to be a lovely way to get to and from the event. Very relaxing, and plenty of overtaking pace when I needed it :D

Will hopefully have some video of the event by the end of the week.

trackdemon
28-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Good event again as usual, I did actually stop at Clacket lane for 30mins for a coffee with a couple of mates - we were in NSX, 360, Ford GT if anyone spotted said cars it was us!

Will post some pics up before end of week. NSX "Type R" obviously wasn't - would have been much cooler if our resident Type R owner had been allowed to (wanted to?) run his car. I WILL get a look at it one day :wink:

jaytip
28-06-2005, 10:34 AM
seems like everyone who went enjoyed themselves,you lucky so+so's.
Family commitments meant i had to miss.Never mind,next year :roll:

ctrlaltdelboy
28-06-2005, 08:12 PM
shame I missed this, but other commitments prevailed I'm afraid.

I did not manage to miss Friday's storms - I was crewing a yacht in the middle of the Solent during the worst of it and we lost our mainsail (and almost my head too) :cry: