PDA

View Full Version : Cambelt, waterpump and plug change..

MattS
16-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Had the work done at Bexleyheath Honda (Dutton Forshaw):

6.5 hour's labour so total cost was £560 including coolant and a general checkover.

(Got parts from SoS)

Car feels good but is now slightly quieter and seems to rev a bit more freely. Would this be down to the new plugs?

Senninha
16-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Matt,

My guess would be the quieter effect is down to the waterpump, the revving to the plugs. Had the plugs changed in S2 recently and did seem to have same impact. Of course this could just be in our minds so as to justify the cost :)

My next service will include valve adjustment which may make it quieter. Interestingly when I mentioned this to Brian at Nortons he suggested that they may be little change. He went further to say that if running really quiet that they have probably been incorrectly adjusted, ie too tight!

regards, Paul

Steveycaz
16-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Just had an F service and Cambelt change at Chiswick - £800 :eek:. Couldn't notice any change so I'm settling for piece of mind that my 8 year-old cambelt is no longer a worry. doing a 1000 mile round trip to Bordeaux this weekend so will have plenty of opportunity to see if the new sparks improve the cars performance (although I doubt it!).

MattS
16-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Dear Paul,

It's definitely quieter at idle so your waterpump explanation is probably correct. Thanks.

SteveyCaz, what are you doing down in Bordeaux? You won't get much Claret in the boot! It's at least 1000 miles round trip from the UK..

Matthew

AR
16-10-2007, 07:48 PM
People don't forget the cam plugs, all the gaskets needed for the valve covers. Have them check your spool valve gaskets too.

Cheers,

AR

Trident
16-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey MattS

How much were all the bits from SOS?

I gotta do my cambelt before I have a nervous breakdown! 2 years over time and now past the mileage too.

Trident

simonprelude
17-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Same for me :(

If you are going to order then let me know and we might be able to split the postage.

Mine is due in about 100 miles which is the distance to Chiswick Honda.

Hey MattS

How much were all the bits from SOS?

I gotta do my cambelt before I have a nervous breakdown! 2 years over time and now past the mileage too.

Trident

MattS
17-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Take a look at this: http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3192 and all will be revealed!

If this link doesn't work look for the 'Service Kit' thread currently on page 4 of the Technical forum.

Steveycaz
17-10-2007, 10:59 AM
SteveyCaz, what are you doing down in Bordeaux? You won't get much Claret in the boot! It's at least 1000 miles round trip from the UK..

1000 miles on French roads in the NSX in the off-season! That's what I'm doing :D!

Actually I'm visiting my parents in the Charente but still a good excuse for a hoon!