PDA

View Full Version : Stop calling it an X

AR
13-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Lately there seems to be a lot of members calling the NSX and X. It is not an X. An X5, XKR and XR31 are all Xs.

The NSX deserves the full name.

Rant off!

Cheers,

A hot and sweaty AR

TheSebringOne
14-10-2007, 01:23 AM
NSX, NSX, NSX !! Must remember or face the wrath of Ary! :eek::D

dan the man
14-10-2007, 07:43 AM
lmao.

Like Integras being called Tegs and CRX being valled Rexs its one of things for me. Or would you like me to say my Honda NSX NA1 yellow coupe every time i speak about it ? :D

Boomin33
14-10-2007, 08:16 AM
yeah,, i agree.. When I first came to this site, I wondered. said to the wife "they all seem to call it the "X".

Only cool thing I could think of was "Racer X" of my childhood favorite show Speed Racer....

Try saying you've got an "X" in the general public? ... they'll probably think you drive and "X"R3i ! ;)

Senninha
14-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Or would you like me to say my Honda NSX NA1 yellow coupe every time i speak about it ? :D
Just NSX would be fine thanx :). Few people know what they are anyway, why confuse them further?

britlude
14-10-2007, 08:49 AM
not as bad as the poliferation of 'zorst' around here! maybe that's where the surplus of 'x's came from.....

Silver Surfer
14-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Lately there seems to be a lot of members calling the NSX and X. It is not an X. An X5, XKR and XR31 are all Xs.

The NSX deserves the full name.

Rant off!

Cheers,

A hot and sweaty AR

An 'X' on a NSX forum is likely to be referring to the 'NSX' and not anything else.

SS

TheSebringOne
14-10-2007, 11:29 AM
DTM & SS, its your choice, but I agree with Ary and paul, I'm going to call it " NSX" just to give the car its full respect. Not that typing 2 extra letters N & S, will cause that much inconvenience!

I think other words like zorst are ok etc, I know its a languauge used here like other car forums and thats fine. Sorry without sounding like the flying wellaphant (Dumbo), after 10 mths on this forum, only just knew what LMAO 3/4 mths ago, whats IMAO & IMO? :D

britlude
14-10-2007, 11:55 AM
'in my opinion'

TheSebringOne
14-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Cheers, whats the one with an A in it? " In My ? Opinion "?

TheQuietOne
14-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I think that there are so many posts on here with mis-spellings (mainly from me) and poor English with words missing or in the order wrong simply using an X is the least of our problems!

I do however think there should be a 'lol' tax on Amo's posts! :D

Papalazarou
14-10-2007, 07:41 PM
As long as people keep posting the same threads; usually about gear ratios or whether coupes are better than targas, I'll be substituting the word 'Ferret' for NSX and super blue ferret when referring to my own car.

Cheers,

James.

Martin
14-10-2007, 09:42 PM
...and whenever you respond, we will be using the word "misguided".

Only kidding :-)

Cheers
Martin

Steve
14-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Can anyone tell me what NSX stands for???

NSXGB
15-10-2007, 05:08 AM
Can anyone tell me what NSX stands for???

New Sportscar eXperimental

amo
15-10-2007, 12:49 PM
well i just like to call it sex
lol
thx amo

forumadmin
15-10-2007, 04:44 PM
It's just a Honda, so I'll call it a Honda from now on.

AR
15-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Or an Acura as in Pulp fiction!

That is fine.

Many owners of other cars called them by the brand rather than the model name.

I tell people I have a 14 year old Honda.

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
15-10-2007, 06:18 PM
In the right light, this one's Imola orange.

TheQuietOne
15-10-2007, 07:20 PM
In the right light, this one's Imola orange.

Simon's got a new avatar!

Papalazarou
15-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Simon's got a new avatar!

Yes, "TheImolaOne?"

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
15-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Kevin, I know you're kidding? arent you? But the NSX is not just a ordinary Honda is it really! It was Honda's or Acura's :quote: " Flagship". :thumbsup: :yes::proud:

simonprelude
16-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Surely it's a Ferret not a Mole ??

Yes, "TheImolaOne?"

Cheers,

James.

Kevin
16-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Kevin, I know you're kidding? arent you? But the NSX is not just a ordinary Honda is it really! It was Honda's or Acura's :quote: " Flagship". :thumbsup: :yes::proud:

No I'm serious. If someone asks what car I have I say a Honda. I hate getting into the whole NSX debate with someone. Either, they don't know what it is, or they think they do, and then go on to compare it to something else. Which ends up in me being told it's not as good as something else, or the comparision is way off, and they are comparing it to a nissan 200sx 'cos it sounds the same.

If they ask what model, the first response to a stranger or new aquiantace is 'CRV'.

DamianW
16-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Mine was unkindly christened the "NoSeX"...

simonprelude
16-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Similar for me, Prelude is the usual answer, Integra at a push.

If they ask what model, the first response to a stranger or new acquaintance is 'CRV'.

TheSebringOne
16-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I tell every one by its real name NSX! Not wishy washy stuff as I'm very proud! If they start saying what is it! or I rather have a Porker etc! All I say its very rare as only 450 sold ever here in the UK, its Honda's version of a Porker or a Ferrari when it was released and a certain Senna has it's DNA in every NSX! :proud::proud:

TheSebringOne
16-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Do they still make Ferret coats!? :D

Senninha
16-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I tell every one by its real name NSX! Not wishy washy stuff as I'm very proud! ......... its Honda's version of a Porker or a Ferrari ........
James,

A little extra info to help you proudly tell all in more detail.

http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1990thensx/text01/index.html

You could also update the Honda version piece as it was the arrival of the NSX that forced the Porcshe and Ferrari to rethink their models. Therefore I guess you could say that they produced their version of the NSX :)

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
16-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks Paul, unfortunately I can't get the link? Yes I have used that before, by stating it gave Ferrari, Porsche and the supercar establishment a kick up the arse when the car was launched , pardon my French! There is so so much praise I and I'm sure most of you guys, can bestowe on the NSX! So I won't go into it as could write a mini novel! All I can say its very piece of automative design, I own one and it is very special to me! Get me a hanky, weep, weep! :)

simonprelude
17-10-2007, 08:29 AM
If the debate of which is better ever comes up then the only answer worth giving is if I (and quite a large propertion on here) wanted a Porsche / Ferrari / whatever then I'd be driving one of them. At the end of the day it's a personal choice and has been said many times the educated choice.

With later cars I'm not so sure, the market has come so close together lately that the rest of the game has caught up too well and the price gap is not so great.

However residuals are showing that the NSX is still a great buy, even used on a 55 plate.

Kevin
17-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I tell every one by its real name NSX! Not wishy washy stuff as I'm very proud! If they start saying what is it! or I rather have a Porker etc! All I say its very rare as only 450 sold ever here in the UK, its Honda's version of a Porker or a Ferrari when it was released and a certain Senna has it's DNA in every NSX! :proud::proud:

...And there you go, my point exactly. It's the whole Top Gear cool wall scenario. If you have to explain your car to someone its not cool. Or rather, that person won't find it cool, even when you tell them what you just said. So what's the point? If they know it, and get it, saying you have an NSX is all you have to say. Otherwise it makes you look sad/an anorak to have to go into detail.

If you owned a Aston Martin DB9 do you think you have to explain it?

gumball
17-10-2007, 05:02 PM
...And there you go, my point exactly. It's the whole Top Gear cool wall scenario. If you have to explain your car to someone its not cool. Or rather, that person won't find it cool, even when you tell them what you just said. So what's the point? If they know it, and get it, saying you have an NSX is all you have to say. Otherwise it makes you look sad/an anorak to have to go into detail.

If you owned a Aston Martin DB9 do you think you have to explain it?

uncool is buying a car because of the badge to show off and wave your key fob about, [cough]Porscheowners[cough] ;)

TheQuietOne
17-10-2007, 05:35 PM
uncool is buying a car because of the badge to show off and wave your key fob about, [cough]Porscheowners[cough] ;)

That's a bit F-Chat isn't it?! Especially as kevinpsw has just bought one after his X was written off on the M25 and failing to find anything suitable to replace it on the market at the moment....:rolleyes:

gumball
17-10-2007, 05:53 PM
That's a bit F-Chat isn't it?! Especially as kevinpsw has just bought one after his X was written off on the M25 and failing to find anything suitable to replace it on the market at the moment....:rolleyes:

Depends why he bought it. Is it Because the way the car drives/ is engineered or to say "look lads i've got a Porsche!";). the former probably, anyway the Porsche will be worth the same when the right NSX turns up another non fob waving reason to choose a Porsche:bigsmile:

TheQuietOne
17-10-2007, 06:05 PM
That's better, play nicely...:D

TheSebringOne
17-10-2007, 09:29 PM
The TSO, whats the meaning of your avatar :laugh:

Papa, so you've gone from a ferret to a cat within a day or two! Bored?:D

TheSebringOne
17-10-2007, 09:29 PM
The TSO, whats the meaning of your avatar :laugh:

Papa, so you've gone from a ferret to a cat within a day or two! Bored?:D

britlude
18-10-2007, 03:34 PM
ECHO....... Echo ........echo..........

lol

Nick Graves
19-10-2007, 05:36 PM
So long as it's not confusing, it matters less.

I hate it when people start banging on about an R32 and you dunno if they mean a Nissan, a Volkswagen or the component of something else!

But it's hardly gonna kill you to hit the N key, since S & X are adjacent!

Silver Surfer
19-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Gotta 'shift 7' to get the & on my QWERTY keyboard ;)

SS