PDA

View Full Version : Tyre swaps

Ferris Bueller
11-10-2007, 07:12 PM
How often do you guys swap your front tyres over to even out the scrub on the inner edge?

TheSebringOne
11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Does that apply to OEMs tyres? Since I still have all round OEMs and they are uni-directional and each tyre is different, so can't swap even if same sizes! :(

simonprelude
11-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Never.

I have seen what happens when you drive a car with only half the tread on the outside edge.

Ferris Bueller
11-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Never.

I have seen what happens when you drive a car with only half the tread on the outside edge.

Agree, but with regular swaps is it not possible to keep wear even? Or is it more hassle than it's worth?

simonprelude
11-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Depends if you can do it cheap enough, personally I don't think it's worth it versus the cost of new tyres and the safety element.

Agree, but with regular swaps is it not possible to keep wear even? Or is it more hassle than it's worth?

AR
13-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Depends if you can do it cheap enough, personally I don't think it's worth it versus the cost of new tyres and the safety element.

Plus I thinl that it weakens the tyres and you also have more chances of some fool damaging your wheels.

Cheers,

AR